This topic contains 38 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of J.P. J.P. 6 years, 1 month ago.

Junkies are too stupid to know "Good Fiction."

• Profile photo of J.P.

I’m originally from the US, but live here in Germany now. Just like you bought copies of Infected in English, my wife and I bought several copies of Infected in German, and will do the same when Contagious comes out! We have seen the triangles on the official site, but haven’t bought any (yet). Nice to meet you!

– “Hey, I’ll teach you to laugh at something funny!” -Homer Simpson (Angry and strangling Bart for laughing at him.)

Profile photo of Vaney

Ok, so he didn’t like the book, that’s fine. He didn’t have to go and insult everything about it and the people who read it. I’m glad amazon pulled the comment. Really, he could have just simply put that he didn’t like the book and left it at that. I really don’t get people who go so far as to insult something they don’t like. I’d understand it if it was something hated, but not disliked. But in the end, I suppose all that really matters is that there are fans of the book and Scott’s other works, and that we’re damn proud to be his junkies.

Profile photo of Raphael Trungadi

Hi JP,

I live in Goch, thats a small City near Kleve or Krefeld…

Thats a great step for you to moved to Germany… Where are you from?

P.S. I have bought copies of Infected in Amerika (one Word: Amazon ;-)… just to have them…

Next i order Contagious on Amazon…

Have you seen the fantastic Triangle-Figures on the official Site? Wow, i need one of them…

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

i even have a copy of the book in German.  I can’t even read German but the book is so good that I can absorb Sigler’s mind just holding it.

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

Profile photo of Jo-Ann Caputo

Sometimes I just don’t get people. His first review was totally inappropriate and if Amazon pulled it good. If he just rewrote it that is fine. I purchase a lot through Amazon and I admit I rarely leave a review. Granted today I left a bad review on a product I purchased but I also gave the company who supplied it the chance to fix it. To review a book is hard because you either like it or don’t. What appeals to some won’t appeal to others. Sometimes people just get carried away.

Profile photo of JT Manis

That we didn’t know good fiction to use as toilet paper. All the others use standard, soft paper-back paper, but Scott’s words give the paper a certain rigidity that show quality.

Profile photo of J.P.

Welcome to the Junkie universe! I see you’ve only recently signed up–glad you’ve joined us. Where are you in Germany? My wife and I recently moved to Germany and live in the Stuttgart area. We even bought several copies of Infected in German just to have them. Glad to meet you. (And your English is just fine.)

– “Hey, I’ll teach you to laugh at something funny!” -Homer Simpson (Angry and strangling Bart for laughing at him.)

Profile photo of Raphael Trungadi

Hi Scott,

first: My English is brutally bad, so i hope, i can say, what i mean… your Book Infected is great!!! Its now published in Germany, and its my first Book of you… realy great work! I read all of Stephen King, Jack Ketchum, Joe Hill, Dan Simmons and the other Horror- and Science-Fiction-Writers… but Infected has crushed them all…

My only Question: When comes part 2????

Best Wishes,

your first Germany-Fan Raphael :-)

Profile photo of Wolf

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

Profile photo of J.P.

to think that the word poop is funny? Poop! (Shadygirl is doomed, having to deal with me and “the boy.”)

– “The adverb is not your friend.” -Stephen King, “On Writing”

Profile photo of Pons Matal

n8 is a poopiehead!

“I can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

Profile photo of J.P.

I thought it was n8.

– “The adverb is not your friend.” -Stephen King, “On Writing”

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

G-Man

He’s like Gandhi! But better – he likes puppets!

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

http://www.scottsigler.com/comment/reply/1110/23036#comment-23036
    Nate Dogg… The only signature I need is my fist.

I’d forgot all about "that!"

the link goes to the beginning of the thread.

G-Man

He’s like Gandhi! But better – he likes puppets!

http://www.scottsigler.com/node/1110#comment-23036

I posted in response to JP’s post where he said someone was a poophead.

G-Man

The weather outside is weather.

Can you clarify the clarification? :p

I got in trouble for something just like that.

G-Man

"Why didn’t you stay in the car?"

"It’s never safe in the car!"

Profile photo of Peter Braat

FDO™ made him eat his words. I hope he learned something. 

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

Profile photo of Gmork

Good point…didn’t realize reviews on amazon could be edited.  Either way, we are in agreement…when reviewing, trash the story if you feel you must but making it personal towards the fans = not acceptable.

Profile photo of

I can be a total douchebag when I get my dander up, no argument there. I like to fight, so sue me.

But douchebaggery aside, this new one-star review is totally acceptable. No Junkie-trashing this time. I have no problem with it. I’m not even sure if Amazon pulled it, based on where it falls on the page — I think Mister Hamilton re-wrote his own review. If so, I salute him.

Profile photo of Gmork

I for one reported this review to amazon as an ‘inappropriate review’.  It’s fine for someone to have a negative opinion on a book but to go as far as trashing people who do enjoy it, well tat’s just rude and unhelpful.

Looks like amazaon did the right thing and pulled the review, but the same person posted a much more toned-down one star review…which is happily devid of Junkie trashing.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/0307406105/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?%5Fencoding=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar

this guy is such a moron…

Profile photo of

That’s just friggin’ classic.

Profile photo of Peter Braat

he links to in his article a rip-off of Earthcore.

So that would mean he measures with two standards. 

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

Profile photo of

More from the Best Amazon Review Ever …

"You are so over-matched you can’t even see my league from where you
    stand. Arrogant? Whatever. You wouldn’t have the stones to address me
    or anyone else in person the way you choose to here."

This guy is the best. I will continue to defend the honor of my Junkies and allow no one to insult them unchecked.  

Profile photo of Wendy Groff

Yut,yut…duh good thang you writen them thar books for us stupid peeples Scott utherwise i wood not hav nuffen to reed cuse I done finesh wit 1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blew fish. 

There were many "large" and "impressive" words that he must be more intellegent than all those that gave it 5 stars, oh how stupid we must seem to ourselves.  I hope he posts the name of the book he wrote.  I’m sure it’s so much better than anything I’ve ever read before.  BTW, where did all the anger come from and in such a personal way?  Scott did you have one to many on the book tour and pissed him off by signing in crayon again?  I suggest his next review be Anger Management for Dummies.  I think all the junkies would pitch in a couple cents each to buy it for him, although shipping to the center of the universe is probably a bitch eh?

Profile photo of J.P.

we’re following your lead. Take comfort that your Junkies are more resilient than this dumb ass is stupid. We’re with ya, man! He opens his mouth and shows everyone his ignorance.

"Everything takes longer than it does." –Me

your style shadygirl.  Yes, let’s have him do the groom’s walk!!!!!!!!

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win" -Yogi Berra

I guess he also includes such writers as James Rollins, Lincoln Child, Joe R. Lansdale, Jonathan Maberry, Jay Bonansiga and David Wellington, many of whom have New York Times best selling books and wrote reviews for Infected, as "having never read really good fiction"!!!!! 

Profile photo of ogreoregon

He is obviously suffering from Pretentious Ego Eruption…..PEE..!  caused by that little 1 inch pink parasite that nested in the hollow space between his balls….. oh wait a minute…… that’s not a parasite.
    *I’m Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

Profile photo of James Keeling

There is a little thing called craft that has to be employed to make a novel memorable (or readable for that matter). 

How pretentious can you get…  Glad he’s the final arbiter of what "craft" is.  

I’ve always been partial to the "Oh yeah… it’s the book that’s stupid, not you…" mode of thought.

Drop him by the wayside along with the rest of trash and go on with life. 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

He also claims he comes from "South Florida, Center of the Universe".  Enough said!!!!!!  Everyone is entitled to their opinions but there is no need to get personal.  If everyone liked the same things, this would be a boring universe. 

Profile photo of

I agree about the "humble" part. What pisses me off is that he’s so brilliant he knows "good fiction" and the rest of you are just very, very stupid. I can’t stand people like that!

Profile photo of J.P.

jealousy. Or a guy who didn’t get it. I had to force myself past this nugget of a comment: “the characters don’t respond like real people would in the situations they find themselves in…” All I could think at that point was, “wow, I guess I need to meet more people who are infected with the blue triangles! I wonder how many Mr. Software Guy knows?!”

Then there’s his smart-assy (and short) list of everyone who’s done it right. I thought I should take a look at the books he’s written. Waddaya know….I can’t find ANYTHING published by Mr. Software Guy. Stunning.

Sad sack of shit probably has a very limited library of books and music, since it appears that anything that’s even close to something else that’s already been done isn’t all that good or interesting. I think if I was that guy, I’d be stupid and angry too. He’d have done a lot better if he would have just said, “I read it; I appreciate what the author’s done; but I didn’t like it.” That would have been too humble and mature for him.

"Everything takes longer than it does." –Me

Profile photo of

"I could go on, but I think the crux of the problem is that this is
    probably considered a great story for those that a) don’t get to read a
    lot of really good fiction, or b) who are fans cultivated from his
    audio book (excuse me "podcast") audience."

How about that for a great Amazon review, Junkies? You are all too stupid to know what "good fiction" is. You have been tricked. I have duped you, you mass of nearly illiterate boobs!

I get a little pissed when people insult the Junkies.

> Click here to read the review

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.