This topic contains 33 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Paul DeWig Paul DeWig 3 years ago.

Junkie Pain: which is worse…

Starting one half way into it and catching up is horrible, even if you have other podcasts your listening to

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

—- I’m 6’3″ and 265, so if Sigler ever puts me in a book as some pussy Quarterback you’ll know why I eviscerated him.

…either way its a cerebral bitch slap…

When you are reading the works of an author and they have promised a sequel but instead of working on said sequel they have written the sequels to other novels and started other new properties as well.

Funny thing is, I’m not even talking about Sigs… Looking in your direction Crites.

—- I’m 6’3″ and 265, so if Sigler ever puts me in a book as some pussy Quarterback you’ll know why I eviscerated him.

He started the Thomas Covenant books in the 70’s and the 10th and final book doesnt even have a release date yet

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

Reading a book & LOVING it … Then having to wait THREE or more YEARS for the next book in the series/trilogy … you all know what I’m talking about … ;o) … OK … Procrastinating …

that way when you reach that You’ve caught up with the author point, you get to listen to it all over again. By the time your done listening to it the second time you have another new episode or even two

The second one is most definitely by far the worst pain!

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

if you have a problem with it just get a few books on the go at the same time, i need 4-5 books a week as a temp fix from siggys stuff

what’s wrong with a bit of senseless violence?

I always glance at the release dates…  avoided a few because of it… pod-faders NOT welcome..

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

So anticipating the story even before it starts, and then waiting in agony for each episode..ah the pain..

it hurts so good…… you have to really learn to love the pain…..and we junkies do!

*** I am Renfield to Sigler’s Dracula ***

I’d have to say, for me, starting a story from the beginning and having to wait for the Sigler to post a new episode each week, (always on time) is the hardest for me.

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

Starting a new story from the beginning I can pace myself and wait for the episodes to come. But when I can self-medicate for a while and then I have to go cold-turkey while I adjust to the release schedule is hell!

Thanks, oh, most elevated Sigler, for the bonus Charlie Brown story this week! I enjoyed it!

–Just another sufferer of Sigler syndrome. Oh, the pain!

The second pain is much worse especially when you run out and the new book isn’t going to be out for 31 freekin days

Failed syncing.

What is possibly worse then catching up with the author is seeing the file downloaded in your feed, and you head off to your day anticipating the new episode and when you check the iPod it did not sync and you are with out your fix.

This is what happened this morning, some how Nocturnal got into my feed but not my pod I headed off to work all looking forward to it as my first hit of the day. But it was not there, now thats jonesing. And just to add salt into the wound I could not even get to it even after syncing it because of a a damn staff meeting after lunch.

Work it gets in the way of my fix.

Failed syncing.

What is possibly worse then catching up with the author is seeing the file downloaded in your feed, and you head off to your day anticipating the new episode and when you check the iPod it did not sync and you are with out your fix.

This is what happened this morning, some how Nocturnal got into my feed but not my pod I headed off to work all looking forward to it as my first hit of the day. But it was not there, now thats jonesing. And just to add salt into the wound I could not even get to it even after syncing it because of a a damn staff meeting after lunch.

Work it gets in the way of my fix.

-itis: Suffix meaning inflammation. Being a nurse that made me snicker.

~ sig impaired~

Sigleritis? I love it, you’re too much.

I’ve been waiting for the next ep. of The Bright Child for months. Now I’m hearing that the auther has no intention of finishing the book. The Bastard!!!

I’d love to tell you that you can recover from Sigleritis, but I’m afraid it’s a lifelong condition. The only way it stops is when I die, and unfortunately, once you know for sure the story train is ground to a halt, you’ll throw yourself off a cliff in a fit of grief. It’s in the by-laws. Sure, I could have made the small print a bit larger than 2pt type (and it was the same color as the background, but I digress), but that doesn’t alleviate you of your responsibility to read the damn label.

Welcome to hell. 

Mid-story cold turkey. That’s gotta sting.

c) my worst is getting the “you’ve caught up to the Author” message and finding out the story have been done for over a year and I still can’t get the remaining episodes.

I found Earthcore at about episode 6 or 7 and it only took a coupla episodes for the addiction to set in and the waiting to begin.

Ancestor and Infected were a junkie blur of screaming, frustration and momentary bliss.

I tried rehab and for a while lived Sigler free, but I was in denial, I had downloaded the entire of The Rookie religiously the very second a new episode appeared. I fell of the wagon a coupla weeks ago and listened ‘to just some of the start of The Rookie, sure I fucking hate football, I won’t like it’.

The joy of new non stop story has left me back in full junkie mode.

I haven’t started listening to Nocturnal yet but I’m weak, so very weak and know I’ll start listening soon and the screaming of Sigler’s name when I think no one is listening will begin again.

second one
    heard all his novels after they were completed (came into rookie before it was done and got caught up by the last two episodes) so this is my first real experience with WAITING for my sigler fix while it is still being published. so…………..after never having to really wait for the next episode then all of a sudden having to wait…….DAMN YOU SIGLER……………
    *——————————————————————————————–*
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends

The Math god

I can tell you definitively that behind door number two lies misery and torture galore. Even though we all know that Sigler is never, ever, ever late or misses a post there seems to have been some occasions where the Internets was broken and I had to wait even longer.

/tap /tap /tap

I came across Scott after his first three stories were complete. For a couple months I had a wonderful time, playing 2 episodes a day as I drove to and from work, then one day…WHAM Brick Wall!!! I suddenly understood the whole junkie mentality. It is a horrible feeling to go from twice a day to once a week(or less)!!! Luckily for me, I hadn’t been listening to any Hutchins before, so now I am getting daily doses of the clones while I wait for each Sigler release.

The fix can take longer to take effect if you’ve gotten used to fixing one hit right after another.
    New junkies should keep this in mind and ration out their hits daily to keep from hitting the wall. HARD. When Mr. Sigler decides to wait 10 days to sell more audio crack.
    That bastard.

–kevin

I hit the 2nd one HARD. I’m kind of ashamed to admit it, but I only started really listening to Sigler shortly after the Rookie started. Before that, I had listened to Infection, Earthcore, and Ancestor, one glorious episode after the other. And then BAM. waiting weekly.

I did the same thing with Hutch… started when episode 20 of Book I was the most recent. Have been waiting weekly ever since.

The second is the worst, only because you can get your half fix by spending the rest of the week listening to others, just so that you can come back to Sigler’s when the week is up. IIIIIF he’d get it in there properly….

by the way manis, is that a mission picture? Sure seems like a nametag on your lapel there. It was the picture behind you that did it. I went to Japan Sapporo myself, if you even read this.

Who among you, if your son asked for a loaf would give him a stone?

Catching the feed midway. You get used to a steady diet with occasional binges. All at once you are forced to quite cold turkey and are faced with uncertainty about when the next one will be out.

The second pain is by far the worst, I was left without internet in the middle of nowhere for quite a while, during ANCESTOR, when I got back to civilization, I had about 3/4 of the episodes, which I drowned myself in for a long time, then I got the “You’ve caught up with the author” syndrome and almost went insane.

I have experienced both neither are good

BC then you have to wait until the next episode comes out and you know how on time sigler is ;P

Yes, I am an agent of satan but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Which type of Junkie Pain is worse?

a) Starting a story form the beginning of the release cycle, and experiencing the constant headache, accompanied by dry mouth and spontaneous bouts of sweat that occur on a (more or less) regular schedule, beginning five minutes after you’ve finished an episode, and only subsiding once you realize that you have a new episode waiting in your pod catcher.

or

b) Starting a story half way though the release cycle and basking in episode after glorious episode, one hit after another… until you hit the brick wall I like to call “You’ve Caught Up With The Author” syndrome.

I have my opinion, and the mental scars to prove it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.