This topic contains 133 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gmork Gmork 2 years, 9 months ago.

Junkie Meet Up

• Profile photo of Gmork

I’m in!

Profile photo of Belladonna420

Orangeslaught and Black Attack! WØØT!

JP! We should to go Fremont Street and mill around in our Krakens gears like the Santas did! Will you wear the fishnets??? ;-)

Profile photo of J.P.

I know there are a few junkies within a State or two of you. I’m sure they’ll chime in when the see your post.

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

Any junkies in the Western part of North Carolina aside from me?

Profile photo of Gmork

I’m hoping it happens a lot as a bunch of us walk around Las Vegas in our gear!

Profile photo of Gmork

Wicked cool! I haven’t had that kind of sighting yet.
    I need to get my jerseys more time in the wild!

Profile photo of ExotiKali

I met a junkie in Compton.

Profile photo of J.P.

In the spirit of the original junkie meet up, a random one happened today. I walked into Dunkin Donuts this morning, sportin’ my Krakens jersey, and another fellow in there pointed at me and loudly said, “I know what that jersey is from! Scott Sigler’s football novels!” The whole place turned and looked. We introduced ourselves and chatted for a few minutes, exchanged info and went our separate ways. He hasn’t been on the site for a while and didn’t know about SiglerFest 2012 yet. He does now, and just might attend. Too cool!

Profile photo of Meth Pigeon

& I used to love me some rice! 

cheep, cheep, ya bastard!

Profile photo of J.P.

and reserve it! Please?!

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

but I think that might be the weekend by cousin’s son is graduating from High School.  If so, my Mom, Step-dad, sister and Brother-in-law will be here.  Trying to get the exact date now!!!!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

I live in SF, and know that Meth P is following the FDO, so now armed with this info something could be done…

Look out Meth P, I’m ricing for ya. (can you change rice to a verb? hell I don’t care I just did) 

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Profile photo of Vaney

in Baltimore. Give ‘em rice mixed with antacid, should take care of that little problem (lookin’ at you Meth)

There are direct flight from Houston to Baltimore.  Maybe I’ll have to check on some flights!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

Meth P is just a dirty bird. 

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Profile photo of Paul Harvey

This time I even get in on the fun. I can’t wait to meet you. Is MethPigeon going to be there?

– World’s Youngest Junkie!

Profile photo of Gmork

That’s awesome news! It will be a fun filled weekend :)

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

Profile photo of J.P.

I’m just thinking that if you peck him off, we’ll have the honor of meeting you instead! Perhaps the “Future Dark Pigeon Overlord”???

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Profile photo of Meth Pigeon

You are all making one mistake. You are assuming that I will allow Sigler to live long enough to make it to Balticon

cheep, cheep, ya bastard!

Profile photo of J.P.

the previous crawl at the DHA with all the area Junkies! Plus get Morris & Rossi there (Rossi with his band, of course), and watch CB dance on a table!

Profile photo of J.P.

God rest his soul. I heard a rumor that he may not be with us any longer. Something about having overdone it somewhere recently. (Can you imagine, Soupbone overdoing it???) Maybe we can coax him back…

Profile photo of Pons Matal

:D

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

take a flask and at the appointed (with the other junkies) time take a shot.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (6666 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Waaaaahhhh! I wanna go toooo!! But my boys graduation is during the Balticon. But I’ll be there in spirits, Uh, I mean spirit! :)

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

sounds like a blast. all my travel and "free" time has been booked this year.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (6666 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Profile photo of Gmork

I like where this is going.  Maybe we came get a bunch of junkies together and get Scott to partake in an uber pub crawl…one to make even SoupBone jealous.

Profile photo of J.P.

who else might we see? Possible new junkie meet-up opportunity beyond the Gmorks and us? (And the FDO, of course.)

Profile photo of J.P.

Steph is CBs favorite gal. We didn’t want to admit it though, knowing that rumors of his “attachment” to a particular gal might shatter a few hearts. (Oh, and the bartender at the Marriott is a masterful mixologist!) So please, GirlCo, don’t take out Steph. Or Peter Parker.

No problems. my guess is Girlco has gone in and take care of this "Steph"….

Shadygirl knows about this Steph!!!!!!!  Hope it won’t cause any family problems!!!!!

Profile photo of Gmork

um, yeah, that’s the ticket

Profile photo of Wolf

Steph Wykowski. She works at the bar in the Marriott.               

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]

Who is Steph?????  You’re making things up again!!!!!

Profile photo of Gmork

Mr Gmork and I will be there too.  He will most likely be on a panel :D

It’d be great to see you and Steph there!!

Profile photo of J.P.

area junkies. Shadygirl, CB and I might just find a way to make Balticon…

Profile photo of Mark Wheeler

In the northeast then i would totally get something together in maybe boston, but alas, i feel rather alone in my junkydom all the way up here.

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

Profile photo of J.P.

Just had a wonderful conversation on the phone with MuchAdo! And it wasn’t under duress, for those of you who might think so. So nice, the only thing better than meeting one of the classiest ladies on these fora face-to-face, is talking to her on the phone!

Profile photo of J.P.

Pachooeee chomp. Me bad.

all night waiting!!!!  Didn’t even eat dinner.  Typical man.  They say they will call you and then leaving you sitting by the phone!!!!!!!  Alas………..

What a fine looking group of junkies you are!!!!!!!  Now explain to me Mister why you didn’t call me last night!!!!!  No smoochies for you it’s chicken scissors time!!!!!!   Mwaaaahaaaaaa!!!!!

Those are some wonderful pics and the smiles are heart warming!

Profile photo of Gmork

Hooray for Junkie Meet Ups!  Wonderful pictures of all of your smiling faces :)

Profile photo of Wolf

has the sweetest smile. 

"Official Mascot of GirlCo"

we could set up threads about Junkie meet ups in different towns.  that could be fun.

Why wait for another book to bring us together. and since I am in SF we could always twist the FDO’s arm buy offering Beer and Shots for him… 

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (4000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Profile photo of J.P.

Now, I know there are other pockets of Junkies out there. They need to start mixing it up and posting some pics!

thanks for sharing.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (4000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Profile photo of J.P.

Yup, it happened again! Still in the DC metro area. This time at the Dogfish Head Alehouse–the same pub our FDO and junkies rolled into after the DC book event. I had the privilege of meeting the legendary MaeBreakall (OJ, MC, and also known as “the RDQ”) and her husband Scott. Lunch was great and the company was outstanding!

[flickr-photo:id=3323722237,size=-]

[flickr-photo:id=3323721977,size=-]

Dont forget the $5/tingle charge also! (I posted this several days ago, but it wasnt here, so I’ve reposted it, now it is?). 

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

Glad I could help you find them.

Please help to ensure that Dollhouse gets a full first season!! You can buy it on iTunes, watch it on Hulu, or watch it Friday nights 9/8C on Fox. Let’s make sure Joss doesn’t get fucked by Fox again!  

Profile photo of J.P.

Please put it in my “I owe you” account. I’m good for it–promise.

Profile photo of J.P.

A new meet-up. Trust me, they’re coming. The owner of the camera should post them soon, once more important work is taken care of.

Profile photo of Gmork

JP!  He introduced me (and many others here) to the term. Laughing

I’m trying to sound like a 8th grade boy hearing those words (mommy bags) for the first time and making the connection. not sure it worked. HE-HE-HE 

Profile photo of Vaney

through most of high school. Its now one of those songs we play just to make asses of ourselves! Tongue out

‘Mommy bags’. I giggle everytime I hear/see it!

Profile photo of Gmork

Not an inside joke, per se.

My tan post a few posts up was replacing the word ‘tan’ for ‘milkshakes’ in a song by Kelis named ‘Mikshake’.  You can hear the song and see the video here on YouTube.  Milkshake, as you will see in the video, is a thinly veiled reference to the singer’s Mommy Bags.

Ben Stiller also did a play on this song at the end of the movie ‘Dodgeball’. You can see that here.

Profile photo of Tim Feely

You are amongst friends.

SPILL…

Do tell!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Profile photo of Gmork

It definitely works either way.  How you owe me $5 for talking about the mikshakes (I warned ya…I charge)Smile

Profile photo of J.P.

I’m pretty sure all he has to do is think about it, and the ass will be kicked. Kind of like a toasty version of the Force.

Profile photo of J.P.

Or a milkshake? (Either way, it works.)

Profile photo of Gmork

…brings all the boyz to the yard, damn right it’s better than yours.  I could tan you but I’d have to charge!!

I got a tan by just sitting at the same table with her in Houston!!

You can run but they will find you and then… shudder.

Profile photo of Gmork

…kick some ass.  But (see how I started that sentence with ‘but’) the only way for him to find sadock is to wait for one of Evo’s podcast meetups in Phoenix.  mmuuuwwhahahaha.

If you do get the opportunity, shoot me a PM and tell me what you think.

I haven’t seen Scott in some time and with living on the west coast DC is a little far. go ahead and introduce yourself. tell him Joseph sent you. 

Profile photo of Wolf

he chase you down for suggesting that she’s drunk? Smile   

Profile photo of Shawn Laing

Why didn’t I think of that? Because, uh, well…..I got nothing. Thanks for the idea.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

I tried to start a thread to see if there were any other AZ junkies and got bupkiss. I’d give it a try and see if you get any hits from other Canadians. It’s easy and you might get a pleasant surprise. 

Please help to ensure that Dollhouse gets a full first season!! You can buy it on iTunes, watch it on Hulu, or watch it Friday nights 9/8C on Fox. Let’s make sure Joss doesn’t get fucked by Fox again!  

Profile photo of Vaney

But I do believe he doesn’t know where you live, so you should be safe.

Safe from GirlCo, on the other hand… ;)

I don’t want Mr. Gmork chasing *me* down for calling his wife hot. He looks like he could kick my ass <adopts meek pose>.

Thanks for starting that thread. I will work on getting my stuff up.

Profile photo of J.P.

It might be tough to get over there, but I’ll definitely try! I always like me some live music in a good pub!

Profile photo of J.P.

I’ve never seen them in the same place at the same time.

Profile photo of Wolf

It’s because she’s so hot!       

I forgot that SlackerQueen’s from Canada and I think there’s a couple of other Junkies from Toronto, but I don’t think they show up any more.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

You let the evil Andrews beast poison you. I’m sure you’d be inundated with baked goods and gifts galore if you feel comfortable giving out your address Cool Maybe some of the newer junkies could serve as food tasters? Not sure what you’d do to avoid Kilroy sending you bombs though……

One of my favorite junkies (SlackerQueen) is from North of the border and I’d bet they’re are hundreds more Laughing

That seems to be working with my best friend Cool

It was a real treat. I’m totally like Scott in that I like to have a face that I can associate with someone’s profile. It’s handy to be able to look over and see the avatar. It always throws me when someone changes theirs if they’ve been using the same one for a long time. I did start a new thread where people can post pics of themselves if they want to. 

Profile photo of Gmork

Hutchinssssssssss probably did have a hand in the cookie mishap!

dad was sent to Japan and Taiwan. we always wanted to get to europe. and never got orders. 

so when dad got his orders for Hawai’i we didn’t believe him until we landed there. 4 years and a high school diploma later. woo-hoo

Enjoy your time there. I envy you.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (3000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

My friend is Playing in the DC area this weekend. maybe JP will want to see them. some bar called O’Shaughnessy’s Pub. 

http://onetonwontonband.com

when will you be back stateside? 

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (3000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

do you two sit on the same computer while reading the forums? I think it is wild that you two seem to be responding one after the… wait a minute, JP if you are really there type something that only you and I would know….

Profile photo of Wolf

Yes, definitely toasted!  

Profile photo of Gmork

…totally going to blame you for eating the cookies, JP!!

Actually, my first impulse was to respond with something snarky like the quote out of the movie "Undercover Brother" where Sista Girl says, "My cookie would break you in half."  But then I thought that might spawn the wrath of the EQ, since it was so innuendo laden.  Then my second thought was to blame you…but I couldn’t sell a bro out, so I took the only road left …. blame it on Julie Andrewssssssssssssss (evil bitch).

Profile photo of Gmork

I actually had some catch up sleep today… Fell asleep at 4pm and woke up at 10pm (no drool covered pillow, thank goodness *whew*).  But you’re totally right, I would start reading then put myself to sleep!!

I love to put faces to the names.

aint happy then nobody’s happy. Words to live by.

Profile photo of J.P.

a cookie for da boss. (He likes his cookies.)

We need to have a NY metro Meet Up.

Profile photo of J.P.

a soft and chewy interior, with a tough, crusty exterior. You’re a burnt marshmallow!

Profile photo of J.P.

think about this plan for a minute–I seem to recall hearing that something happens when your head hits the pillow. SLEEP. Are you going to be able to read to Mr. Gmork? (I’m not sure that a drool-covered book will draw him in.) Please pass along to Mr. G that I’m ready to go fishing.

Profile photo of J.P.

I’m sorry FDO. I actually had two cookies for you. But they fell in my mouth. Please forgive. (If you’re still angry, just kill some non-OJs. You’ll feel better, I promise.)

Profile photo of ogreoregon

I loved seeing those pictures, and am full of envy. And all the great pictures from the booksignings and Pub crawls, and other late night activities, road trips and dinners… I soooo waannaa be there too!!!!
    Then I laughed myself sick reading the rest of the conversations. I don’t know how you do it… your so funny!!
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

Profile photo of Gmork

…you know, as your books were the impetus for our Junkie meet up.

And I was going to send you some Almond Roca, but then I remembered the whole Julie Andrews incident and thought better of it  Smile

Profile photo of Gmork

Tongue out

EQ didn’t give you the cookie while on vacation. she was supposed to pass it on for us.

Profile photo of Wolf

mine are in a jar on my wifes night stand. Not complaining, just saying. 

Profile photo of

A Junkie meet-up? I feel I should have gotten a cookie, or maybe some chocolate. No particular reason for this, just my usual demanding, selfish self.

Profile photo of Vaney

When I heard that part. And I don’t even have man-bits!

we got your back.

that is as long as Girlco lets us… 

Profile photo of Wolf

I’m just now learning to come out of my shell. No more "meek and timid" Wolf. From now on, I’m gonna be bold and brazen. Get used to it!Laughing  

it did but I never thought you would say it! Wink

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Profile photo of Wolf

It had to be said. 

you are a very smart girl.

that is why you run, I mean are part of Girlco

cuz I don’t know who is in charge of Girlco, wink….Wink 

Profile photo of Gmork

that part does come wy into the story…I might be able to hook him before that scene. >:^)

read this scene would respond the same way. just like when someone gets kicked…

you would have him hooked by then that he would take the book away from you and start reading himself.

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

Nate Dogg… The only signature I need is my fist.

Profile photo of Gmork

man parts and the chicken scissors scene hurt me!

Profile photo of Wolf

After the "Chicken Scissors" scene, I wasn’t ‘up’ for a week! 

Profile photo of Gmork

And then what do I do with him when I get to Perry cutting off his twigs & berries?!  He’s going to be up all night long after that chapter! o_O

Take infected in bed and read a chapter a night. Bedtime stories.

can the fans of Girlco watch the learnin’ hap’n?

Profile photo of Gmork

He has no idea what GirlCo is…but we’ll learn ‘em!Laughing

Profile photo of Gmork

…he’s not a junkie at all.Frown

I forced him to watch the Stranger Things
    adaptation of "Sacred Cow’ and he *loved* it but he’s shyed away from listening to any of the podcasts. I’m sure if he was exposed to more of Siggie’s stuff he would enjoy it …..he loves horror and zombies and such… but alas, I still have to convince him.

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

Nate Dogg… The only signature I need is my fist.

I’m sure I’m not the only Canadian Junkie, but it feels like it sometimes.

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

i don’t think there are any other junkies near me…

Western Carolina University Lady Catamounts Basketball:16 – 11 (12-6 SOCON)

Smoky Mountain High School Lady Mustang Basketball: 15-2-0 (8-1 Western Athletic Conference)

Look at them smiling faces! I glad you guys had a chance to get together. It great to meet up and share face to face time when you can! 

that his presence is humbly requested for the reunion!!!!!!  Does Mr. Gmork know what happens when GirlCo’s requests aren’t honored??????

I am going to a HS mini-reunion this weekend and its people I haven’t seen in 15 years. I’m really nervous. I would have more fun meeting junkies for a beer for the first time than do this. I have more in common, now with junkies. hehehe

I am in San Francisco and it was a blast to meet people here at the FDO’s readings. would like to have hung out more afterwards. more beer more chat. 

Profile photo of Gmork

it’s always great to put a name to a face and after over a year of finding out what a great person JP is from interaction on this forum, it was a treat to be able to spend some time with him.  I only wish Shadygirl & CB were there as well! 

Must remember to thank the FDO for having a forum.  I’ve had the opportunity to meet a great bunch of junkies in Houston and now again in DC.

Laughing

Profile photo of Gmork

Pre-reunion FTW!!

Mr. Gmork is warming up to the idea of going to Germany (hooray) sopre-reunion in Germany definitely needs to happen!

Profile photo of J.P.

for a while. When Shadygirl, CB and I return from our global expedition, it’ll happen then. Gonna be bug; huge; you’ll see. (< -----Movie quote!) Won't that be cool! But you know what has to happen before the reunion? Yeeeeesssss: the "preunion." In Germany. Start saving your pennies!

Profile photo of Gmork

Do we have a date for that or is it in the planning stage? I might be able to convince Mr Gmork to fly to Houston this time :D

Oh and good idea on posting other junkie photos here, JP!  I would love to see more smiling junkie mugs!!

Profile photo of J.P.

we wish some of our other brethren and sistren (is that a word?) were there! This should be a fine thread for other junkies to post their cool junkie meeting pics too! Certainly others are crashing into each other out there, outside of “official” Siglarism events! (Just imagine the pics we’ll be able to post when we have the junkie reunion with you in Houston, sweet MuchAdo!)

group of junkies you are!!!!!Smile

Profile photo of Gmork

Thought I would share a recent Junkie Meet Up that took place in the outskirts of DC.  Mr Gmork and I got a chance to mosey down to DC and meet up with the venerable Junkie JP!

Dinner was shared and much junkie/Sigler gushing was had.  I was going to do some fancy photoshopping and get our FDO in the picture too (seeing as how this junkie meet up missed the DC signing by a few weeks)…but I thought I would save you all the horror that is my photoshop skills. Tongue out

So instead I give you a couple of pics of the event. The first one has JP and me and the second one has half of Mr Gmork’s face, me and JP. Enjoy!

JP and Gmork
    More junkies

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.