This topic contains 70 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of J.P. J.P. 5 years, 2 months ago.

Junkie Meet Up – Balticon

OK Junkies, the FDO’s going to be at Balticon. Who else is planning on going? Where are you staying? As you may have seen in other threads, Shadygirl, CB and I are coming from Germany to attend, and staying right at the convention hotel (Marriott’s Hunt Valley Inn). Arriving Friday and leaving Tuesday. Hoping for some wild and wooly meet ups! Post it here if you’re going to show up, regardless of whether or not you’re coming for the whole enchilada, a couple days, or even just an afternoon! See you there, and we’ll all see the FDO (and Meth Pigeon) there. And who knows–we might even be lucky enough to be graced by one of those elusive Soupbone appearances!

I will definitely be at Balticon.  Already have tickets purchased for the whole event as my hubbie will most likely been on a panel but I am not sure which day it will be on.

I live close enough that I can drive but still considering staying down there as it would be more convenient. Really excited to see the FDO there as I went last year and there was a sucking black hole in the space time continuum where the FDO should have been ;) Got to meet several podcast authors last year and looking forward to seeing them again this year….as well as a few junkies! I’ll also be at Dragon Con this year :)

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

Especially after listening to the FDO shamless self-promotion at the end of Contagious #18 Sealed

==================================

Neil laughed. "I’m a soldier, not a cop, ma’am." 

MEH-TALLLLLLLL!!!

in Baltimore, I will be in Baltimore on May 2-5 for a pediatric lung meeting.  Any junkies in the area who want to get together for dinner or whatever, let me know.  Sunday night is a bad night for me as I’ll be presenting my data then but other than that……

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

Sigler Stank II: The Post Script (DC Area Redux)

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

You gotta be there!

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

The Post Mortem Script

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]

Not actually with you, but with you in wanting to be there. Just hope lightining dont strike! 

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

But will you be “Not verified” when you’re there?

The place will rock when you, “the professor,” shows up!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
    #
    the NEW Chief of SFPD
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/the-book/press
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/ma

Pig Lung disease better not goober this up!

loose. But he needs to tell us if he made it safe for junkies.

BALTICON!!!

#WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
    the NEW Chief of SFPD
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/the-book/press
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/ma

Would be soooo cool to see you there!

I’ll be there, is there some actual time junkies are meeting?  And the schedule is huge, anyone know where there is a list of all of Scott’s appearances?  I know I won’t be making the 9am one LOL

I’m staying at a friend’s in Baltimore which according to google maps is about 30 minutes away from the con 

thanks, PM coming :)

Several folks have PM’d Shadygal and I. The rest of you let us know if you’re going to be there and when! We’ll be sure to let you know if we set up a junkie meet up!

I’m there. I’m verified! I’ll be at the hotel tomorrow night and through to Monday. I’ll be there and won’t be square.

can’t wait to see the picks of junkies walking around balticon in their Krakens Jerserys and new hats

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

I fear we missed you! I missed this post until just now… hopefully we saw you (or even met you) at one of the FDO’s events! If we did, and you know it, let us know!

OK slackers, junkie meet-ups ran rampant at the convention! I’ve posted 23 photos so far on flickr–take a look! You’ll see some folks you know, some others you don’t know (but want to), and probably a few you really don’t want to know (like a drunk, retired Gandalf–I’m not joking.). And here are a few to get you going:

[flickr-photo:id=3563827984,size=m]
    [flickr-photo:id=3563827862,size=m]
    [flickr-photo:id=3563884260,size=m]

it comes up with a notice saying private – no entry

Try clicking on one of the pics. That works for me. 

A fellow Junkie (IAM) sent shadygirl and I a wonderful package at Balticon. It included some SWEET authentic crew members’ watch caps embroidered with SS Jeremiah O’Brien, and a companion ball cap for some autographs. Here are shadygirl and I sportin’ the watch caps, and our own FDO in the ball cap. Thank you, IAM! The FDO was happy to take a pic wearing your cap. We’re sending the ball cap back to you with a collection of signatures from your fellow junkies who were here at the convention, including Scott’s! Thank you again, brother!

[flickr-photo:id=3563228623,size=m]

you have made me envious. I really wish I could have been there! 

Bad link, must have been hacked by Hutchinssssssss.

I love it. thanks for doing this it is awesome. I AM going to send it to Canada next and then off to Australia (I hope) then Europe to England. WOOHOO. 

Link is working now! 

Damn technology.

Very glad to help out. Wish we could have captured even more signatures, but it looks like we have 7 or 8 on there for you! BTW, wearing watch caps during the Summer in Baltimore = toasty. And speaking of toasty, much mahalo to The Toasty One (aka Gmork, beloved by all Junkies) for dropping by twice during the con, and delivering the, ahem, package.

not letting us see the junkies. 

Everyone is so cool, meeting junkies is one of my favorite sports! :)

Sorry I missed meeting everyone, people gotta look for the peeps in Krakens jerseys and congregate around them, that’s how to meet up at a con.  There were so many jerseys there, I am sooooooooo envious

My pics will come tomorrow or something :) 

woohoo     Cool

hahahaha, Sorry it was so hot. but they will be GREAT in winter. Just happy you were there to share the the hapiness. 

the BEST panel discussion by far was “The Zombie Apocalypse Preparation Kit.” OMG, hilarious. Our own FDO stole the show! I’m pretty sure the Marriott will have to steam clean a few chairs in that room to prevent pee stains from forming.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :’(

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

anyone important graduating from high school next year.  That should leave my book open for Balticon!!!!!!!!  I’ll start saving now!!!!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

that you were graduating next year! Finish school early, did ya?

Hey JP, I’m logged in to flickr, but it says I don’t have permission to view your photos… do you need to add me, or does flickr just hate me?

same issue maybe?

thanks for sharing

lots’o pics!  thanks!

Looks like a lot of fun was had!

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

I don’t know who was recording, but there is video of the event. I suspect they were “officials” with the convention, but can’t say for sure. It might be worth e-mailing the event officials and asking if they’re going to post vids on line, or offer them on a DVD. (For that matter, I’ll do the same thing!)

Cry hard; you missed something big! (OK, I’m just being a little selfish–with you were there!)

is going into the mail tomorrow!

The pics are posted for anyone to see. Crazy webernet. Maybe if I ID you as a flickr contact. Do you have an account? DM me with account name.

I handled that "package" first!

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

thanks

When Gmork handed me the package, it was in pristine shape!

With I had been there, too. (heavy sigh)

Even though It was my son Daniel’s Grad nite, We both were wishing we could have been there. We actually thought of driving at the last minute. BUT, he was told he had to do the Grad walk and except his diploma or he wouldnt get it!! First time I had heard that…

and I work in high schools. 

Dont know what the deal is with having to do the walk. But they were very adamant about it.  I dont know why they do some of the thing they do at the schools here…

We miss you!!!

On the bright side bro, we’ve got Dragon*Con to look forward to! :D

Scroll down to the pics I posted and look at the middle one. I met the folks in the picture, but can’t remember their names. Can anyone ID them? If so, PM me with their real names.

“Patient Zero” by Joe Ledger; “The Case of the Singing Sword” and “The Case of the Pitcher’s Pendant” by Tee Morris.

you didn’t pick up Nina Kimberly the (Delicious) Merciless? I have two signed copies of that now :)

But amazon did drop off my copy the other day.

spent some major coin to get the three of us there, and those two authors have been in the queue longer than NKtM. I assure you though, there will be more. Oh yes, there will be more…

Good pic of you and Phil Rossi… always a blast to see the face that goes with the name.

It was awesome to see you guys there and I still can’t believe you came from Germany, you guys deserve an award for that.  And CB was so awesome!

“Disconnected” has hit the Stranger Things TV feed! Check it out–it premiered at the Singularity event at Balticon. For those of you who missed seeing it, it’s sitting there, hot off the press!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.