This topic contains 351 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of ExotiKali ExotiKali 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Junkie Love and Support

In a nutshell: Junkies Fucking Rock.

One of the most amazing things about being part of this crazy little family is the community, camaraderie, and true friendships that we develop while supporting and pimping our Future Dark Øverlord to the masses. It seems that no matter what we have going on in our lives, no matter how positive or negative the moment may be, we always have our fellow junkies there to support us and cheer us on, even going so far as providing a good virtual or real-life shoulder to cry upon. I wanted to set up this forum to provide a single source for sending out thanks to our brothers and sisters for their good deeds, for sharing our joys so our friends can celebrate with us, and as a place we can go to air our challenges in life and to seek the support we may need.

Over the last 7 months, I’ve had to watch my father get ill, fade away, and finally pass away. He is and was my best friend and was taken from us much too soon (he was only 58 years old).

During this, no matter how down I was or how depressed I was or even how angry I became at the unfairness of life, my pals and friends that i have made here were there to help me through it.

You know who you are, my friends, my dear friends (Del, Bells, Kali, GJ, BigJohn, JP, Shady, Beth, Wolf, Richno, Phantom, dozier, A, Scott, Carmen, TwoWire, Kevinesque, and anyone else I may have neglected to include here [please forgive me... I appreciate you all]).

I want to thank you for lending me your prayers, your love, your shoulders, and your thoughts, giving me the strength to step up… and in turn be the support that my family needed.

Without you I’m not sure I could have had the strength to do the needful without falling apart.

Thank you. I really can’t say it any better. Thank you.

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

scottepond.com

More than once, Junkies have come to my aid when needed, sometimes before I even knew I needed you guys. ou’ve helped through some very tough times in my life. You’ve given me a shoulder, Smoochies and virtual hugs when I’ve needed them and a good kick in the ass when it was called for. I love my fellow Junkies. And I know you love me, too.

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

[flickr-photo:id=6000412196,size=m]

Husband of Susan, Friend of Junkies everywhere

I haven’t just found some of the best friends in the world here – I’ve found some of the best family.

I don’t like to share too much or let people get too close or too involved with me. Some people I want to more than others, it’s just not what I’m good at. But I haven’t the slightest doubt that I can. If I really need it – I can. For me knowing there are people who would be there, given half a chance; that works just as well as letting people actually be there.

And I hope all of you will never hesitate to tweet, email, call, come over – whatever you need. I have a ready ear, a willing shoulder and open arms to all of you, any time day or night. You are my best of friends and extended family.

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Two-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

scottepond.com

You guys are the best bunch of people I’ve ever met, and I haven’t even really met any of you in person yet!! But that doesn’t matter because I consider you guys my extended family and I love you all! Kiss

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

Many hugs Pondyemoticons

Love you Pondy!!!

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

Anytime I’m feeling down a quick scan through these forums makes me smile and laugh. You guys are all awesome.
    – Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

Seems like I’m turning into a sensitive, emotional bundle of manliness these days. *grin*

scottepond.com

… especially since Gmorkie gives such epic hugs!

scottepond.com

It’s pretty common knowledge amongst us Junkies that we fucking RAWK! But it’s still a great idea to put all this down so that all the newbies that come in can see that we’re not JUST a bunch of nerdy degenerates; we’re a good group that’s stronger than its individual members.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

scottepond.com

Just watch the left side OK???!![flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

scottepond.com

And they are very funny and seem to know a lot and care a great deal I’m sorry to hear about your dad. I can imagine (if just a little) what you went through and how you may feel today. I hope this is ok … hugg. This is a very nice thread.

at least the ones like me who have tried supporting other authors and artists they like and been bogged down with the morons and jackasses on their forums. I have yet to talk to someone here that I don’t like or see any useless bitching just for the sake of it.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

Truth is truth no matter where it is… and we all love you too! Embarassed

And the truth is exactly as you’ve said it… #JunkiesFuckingRock!!!

scottepond.com

Junkie love cures cancer. Smile

scottepond.com

Smoochies for everyone!!! Kiss

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Two-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

Back at you, you’ve helped me though a difficult 2 years too x
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Since joining the site, I’ve gone though a great deal and you’ve all been there right with me.
    I hope some day to meet you all and buy a lot of rum for you all!
    x

we have had the freedom to talk and create threads that have built these strong bonds. So not only do #junkiesrawk, so do you and Scott!

Well, I would change some things but the friendships we’ve developed are definitely NOT one of them.

Now, waking up in the trunk of Kali’s car in a Winnie-The-Pooh costume and missing my front right tooth… that I could’ve done without. :-)

scottepond.com

you all are a great group of people and I’m proud to know you. :-)

but yeah, we did what we could. :-)

do you feel itchy?

my Balls do itch……..

I’ll just sit back and let Perry take care of business.

maybe go quietly and he’ll make it quick.

allthough September 12th is the day where everything might change for me

What’s the full story? It sounds like the Hangover Movie was based on you two!

We’ll all be right there with you and for you!

… we’re here to support and send good vbes…

scottepond.com

like button on this site?? Oh well. I’ll just post and get +5!

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

I’m up agaisnt 65 for one of the jobs…

I am out of a job … the only full time job I’ve ever known … In 52 days. Great time for a change I suspect. Same story ’round here … one job opening, 150 applicants. I wanna start hearing, “OMG! I got to choose from ten better paying and way more fun jobs!” …

But I gotta say that getting laid off in April has worked out well for me. Been super busy doing the consulting thing. Here’s hoping you end up in a better situation, even if it’s not the one you think you want at the moment.
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

For you and the fluffy rodent!

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

and good luck! Kiss

From my vibrotonic junkie love cannon to you!

Aren’t you an SAP gal? I would have thought that would be a less competitive specialization. Mayhaps not.

I thought you were shooting you- nevermind.

I am a SAP gal, but they are ripping it out. So no SAP.

I really wish you the best of luck finding something real soon.

That gives me hope.

Heh heh.

Yup…it was a long ass day.

I know I don’t spend a ot of time on here but I do enjoy scrolling through the site and reading some of the posts! you guys brighten my day! Love to you all!

Poor guy is around 14 years old, he’s been acting strangly for several weeks (hiding, not being his usual self) and last night he kept me up making this awful noise — not sure if it’s hairballs or a respiratory thing.

I know he’s not a person and this doesn’t compare with all the recent sad losses among the junkies. I’ve just had him for so long and I’m afraid that if I take him to the vet, they’ll just tell us to put him down. They can’t work on him without knocking him out (he becomes evil, deranged, violent tiger-kitty at the vets), and he probably won’t survive the anesthesia needed just to examine him. Not sure what to do… I guess I’ll be making a decision next week to make sure he’s no longer suffering if he doesn’t get better soon.

Love and good vibes to him and you!

To make it worse, we are supposed to go out of town to visit with friends from France this weekend (about a 3 hour drive). I really hesitate to leave the poor guy with the neighbor kids who usually pet-sit. But he wouldn’t do well at all boarding at the vets. Truly, he’s a frightening creature at the vets — been “fired” from 4 vet offices for bad behavior. Funny thing is, other than the vet’s office, he’s such a sweetie. He was a therapy animal for several years. Jeckyl & Hyde, that’s my kitty.

I’m just a mess right now. Don’t know what to do…

Pets are definitely family and just as close to our hearts as our friends and loved ones. I’m so sorry.

Pretty much everyone who has pets considers them family. It’s completely appropriate that you ask for, and we provide, good junkie vibes for your kitty. I know I’d be doing the same thing if and when my own kitties start to get old.

Much love, good vibes and e-hugs are on their way to you.

A pet becomes family and all family is cherished. He’s definitely love and support worthy!

Sending out good junkie vibes and hugs!

scottepond.com

I don’t know what I will do when it is time for me to make hat decision. :(

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

I hope everything works out with your kitty, Beth.

thanks for all the support and hugs, I sure needed them. Our poor kitty was too sick — the vet said that just doing the diagnostic work would’ve probably killed him and been painful and uncomfortable. So we said a sad goodbye yesterday afternoon. He was the best cat ever and will be missed. We had him for around 14 years and he had a good life and was, truly, a member of the family. Again, thanks to all my Junkie friends and Twitter peeps for the comfort and support.

[flickr-photo:id=6038522850, size=m]

…….possible it’s serving the positive purpose of letting you vent your frustrations. I’ve certainly seen a fair share of that here, but it’s therapeutic, so I’m totally cool with it.

Prøducer øf Døøm, Høst øf Tuesday Terrør, Funky Name Brutha, Retired Gutter Brethren & Tangential Tyke

Remember the 14 years you had with him, though, Beth, and how much you both enriched each others lives. :-)

I cried for days in the same situation. I agree, they are a part of the family. Do you have other pets or was she an only child? I am so sorry for your loss.

Koda, the Destroyer — about 3 years old. So she should be with us a long, long time. thanks again for all the support. Junkies Rawk!

I see most people have agreed that pets are part of the family and that they are one of a kind. They do bring their own personality into the mix which always is a great attribute. Animals might not be able to talk to us but they do seem to listen. Just a few things to think about is that he is no longer in pain and even though he might not be here physically I believe he will always have a place in your heart

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

So weird, I thought I heard a meow in the middle of the night last night. Must’ve been dreaming. Everybody go hug your pets, your kids, your parents, your friends, random cute strangers, etc.

Let me just start out by saying everyone here are some of the nicest people I have met even though I haven’t met any of you’uns in real life. This place is somewhat my home away from home away from home away from home because I see everyone treating everyone else better than actual family. I also would like say back on my birthday more junkies wished me happy birthday compared to my family, friends, and fellow employees.

All of you junkies are awesome and I’m glad I can be apart of this family. Thank you and always have nice day

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

I get more feedback from my junkie family than my own family. So I also want to thank all my friends out in Junkies land…

We’re even better live and in person. Siglerfest was AMAZING! If you’re anywhere near Atlanta, stop by Dragon*Con there will be bunches of us there.
    And in case I missed it, happy belated birthday. Yes, these folks are wonderful, funny, compassionate, I could go on and on.

thoughts and prayers going out to Richno3 for his surgery tomorrow!!! Good luck Richie!!! SMOOCHIES!!! Kiss

Break a leg brother!!!

scottepond.com

your good thought’s and prayers. Going to go dark till after the surgery. I let you all know how it goes tomorrow..

How did it go today??? Stop leaving us in suspsence!!!

scottepond.com

made it thru today they have me all wrapped up in this contraption that circulates ice cold water around the area. hurts like hell, will post pic tomorrow, such a good look i tell you. anyways thanks soo much for all your thoughts. has touched my heart theove from all my junkie friends…richno…out

(but not too hard) Wink

Hope you’re feeling better soon. Sending lots of love and gentle hugs across the waves. xxx

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~ That Australian bitch with the stupid accent and all the subtlety of a splatterfart

Hope you feel better soon. This is taking entirely too long. Grrr….

and gentle hugs.

Hope your shoulder is on the mend and pain is minimal!

it’s nice to know everything went okay with the surgery. Good luck with the recovery process, you’re almost out of the woods now

I hope you heal quickly!

I really hope you start feeling better soon. I’m sure this weekend and most of next week will totally suck Donkey balls. I’ll try to post/tweet some pix from Dragon*Con to cheer you up!

It’s a shame the reason why I went to visit Kittery Maine is because of a death in the family. Kittery and the surrounding area are real nice and I wouldn’t mind going back there again another time. My mother and I drove from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania to Kittery Maine on Thursday to attend my stepfathers funeral service which was on Saturday. My stepfather was originally from Maine so that explains why we held services in Kittery Maine. Everyone on his side of the family was real nice and after the service all of us went to a park directly across the shipyard in Portsmouth to enjoy a picnic. The shipyard was where he use to work (if I’m correct) during his navy years. The drive home SUCKED because that was of course the day after hurricane Irene hit the area which I was staying in. That monday morning there was no power in a 50 mile radius of our hotel and 95 and 80 were backed up with traffic because few of the areas along 95 and 80 had no gasoline at the gas stations and a few places were completed flooded and or had no electricity available.

…but it sounds like the service/wake was nice. A family picnic near a place that was special to him is a lovely idea. :)

Sending many hugs. x

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~ That Australian bitch with the stupid accent and all the subtlety of a splatterfart

the days my mother and I spent up in Maine before the service and the days after were also special because they were spent with my stepfathers side of the family which would be my stepsisters and nieces and nephews and etc. My mother and I went out to dinner with a few of them during the time spent in Maine which was special. I know I’m repeating myself but it was a shame that this was the reason for me to visit Maine and meet his side of the family

Better late than never. Sorry for your loss, Byron. ::Man-hug::

Condolence appreciated, thank you John

:o) …. say better!!! :o) I hope!

scottepond.com

I can’t really go into it, but I really, really, really need some good vibes.

headed your way. Whatever it is, I hope it works out for the best. ::hugs::

… hugg! I hope you feel better soon! Have u been using that Polar torture device as prescribed?

I hope everything is ok. Here! I have a surplus!! Good vibes galore!

But extra uber-junkie vibes are heading your way right now!!

… Pondy Man-Hugs and buckets of good vibes! We’re here for ya big guy!

scottepond.com

Sending you all my Junkie Vibes and well wishes x

but here are some more *hugs* and *boobflash*

Sending lot of love to help you and your family

x

Whatever this unfortunate situation might be I hope all of these Junkie Vibes that are being sent help you out in they way you need it the most!

I greatly appreciate your support. x

Everything was real nice. It just happened to be unfortunate we all had to meet up north under those circumstances. The car ride to Kittery wasn’t bad. My mother ended up renting a car for this trip up north which was a 2010 Dodge Charger, i drove most of the time. It took 10 hours with my mother and I taking two stops to get gasoline on the way there. On the way home it ended up taking a gruesome 14 hours because of what Tropical Storm Irene did along the upper east coast with multiple stops to find gasoline.

The influx of good vibes has helped, but the best part came unexpectedly from a good friend, who was patient enough to listen to me bare my soul and provide me some very good advice. Acting on that advice appears to have helped, but it’s going to be a while before I’ll know for sure.

For those of you worried about me, I thank you. Rest assured there is no health-related issue here; I’m just kinda going through a severe personal crisis right now.

Keep them vibes comin’!

Don’t go knocking personal crisises … they can suck as bad as anything else … I hope everything works out. Believe that it will.

scottepond.com

You know us Junkies stick together. We got your back. CBBC FOR LIFE.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] “Lundy is my agent, Q! He’s the man. He’ll tear the tongue out of anyone who gets in your way.”

xx

scottepond.com

and sending loads more good vibes your way. I hope things are working out for you.

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown

How is my lovely CB? Any better? And how are your colds?

all my junkie thought’s and good vibes……….[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

and good Junkie vibes, thoughts and prayers. Whatever you need GJ! Kiss

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

Sending a big truck load of junkie love, good vibes, and smooshie hugs!

scottepond.com

Hugs and best wishes heading your way GJ. <3

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] “Lundy is my agent, Q! He’s the man. He’ll tear the tongue out of anyone who gets in your way.”

hugg

on behalf of all aussie junkies I send our love and support to you :)

Hope all turns out well.

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Good vibes, hugs and thoughts are out to you, my dear.

with your situation?

I hope to have a better idea of how it is going after Monday. But so far, not well.

But this is something, unfortunately, that no one else can help with. :

And an ocean of kisses

You going to post some pictures? What numbers did you end up getting?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Junkies Shucking Rock!!! No other group like them in the world!

scottepond.com

I am still shell shocked … all three … *thud* …

If they could bottle it … clone it … share it …

they are fanshuckingtabulous!!! hugg

it is really familiar … I can hear it … I can’t place it … I must have heard it somewhere .. podcast?

Just checking. :o)

Bad Twainy!!! Time to listen again!!! Wink

I bought and read the book long before I knew that it was podcast. I recently … maybe a few months ago … randomly listened to a chapter/episode and I musta heard the author saying that phrase cuz I can hear him saying it in my head as clear as if he were standing here … umm … and he’s not … errr that i know of … unless he is invisible or really really really small … with a lot of extra time on his hands to be … bored … :o| … Yawn. Thanx Bella … now I wanna go listen but then I’ll prolly whine about Pandemic being sooo long off … so … back to The Rookie!! OMG I own The Rookie!!!!! I am SO lucky!!!! :o)

Sending Junkie vibes Junkie hugs junkie…you name it’s being sent in your general direction. Any good vibes and etc. are heading to your side of the pond!

I am…cautiously optimistic. What i need is a number of good days in a row. At present, I’ve been able to string together a few non-bad days in a row, but it’s not quite the same. This is something that is going to take a long, long time, and I’m ok with that. But I need to know that the end is the goal that I’m hoping it is, and not something else.

Thanks for your continued concern. #JunkiesFuckingRAWK!

I know some of them and can’t wait to get to know the others. Glad they found a great home.

Haven’t seen you around as much. I miss you, my friend!

That’s really cool! I’m really pleased for you :) PICS!!

One on Monday & One on Tuesday. GULP Undecided

and oceans of Junkie good vibes still coming your way x

I love them and get to see them (the books) every morning when I drag myself and my energy drink to the dining room table for a slow wake up … I am SO lucky!!! It reminds me every day how lucky I am!! Nice to meet you.

there are pictures of the books somewhere … I may have put them in another thread. :o)

until I made a HUGE mistake <see here> Cry Cry

And how do I know this? Because you are brilliant, so it’s not like you even have to work for it. Cool

What’s done is done. Tomorrow Is another day

Tee Hee

Hey – the old tricks are the best ones!

Could it?

Cross your legs, lick your lips and bat your eyelashes?

;D

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Just learned today that there was a suicide of a student at our school, and that the one who did it was my friend. She was acting normal, no stereotypical acting strangely or anything, it just happened. We shared multiple classes and her death has rattled all of us.

hugs and good vibes coming your way
    x

what did we do with our time before kids huh?

It’s just rattling the entire school. She was friends with everyone

So sorry to hear that. Good vibes coming your way, man.

Junkie Love to you and everyone in your school.

So sorry to hear that… very tough thing to go through, especially in high school.

Sending good thoughts to everyone affected by this tragedy…

scottepond.com

Stick together and you can all get through this.
    Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

that’s sad

bwa hahahahahahahahahaha *thud*

Why would anyone WANT to be immune to Junkie love?!?!?!

Death is never easy…

It’s highly contagious and you will become Infected at some point. If not, we will send in the nanos to make sure the job gets done!

that truly is unfortunate to have a friend, a classmate take her life. Truly not what someone should think about at any given time. Hope you and your fellow classmates and friends are able to move on but still celebrate her life for the better. Sending good vibes to you and your school.

Is it to early to ask how your two interviews went?

I now have to kill someone that way. Laughing

JUNKIES ROCK!!! I got another awesome gift today. Someone shared an audio with me!!!!! You guys are so shucking awesome!!! Thank you!! hugg!

Though in print only. I’m always looking for fun new ways to kill people in a story. Laughing

*fading into background*

Wink

I’m sorry that you and your friend had to go through that. My thoughts are with yall.

Does someone go into the park and, uh… lift up the dinosaurs’ skirts?

Get over to S&N InnocentTongue out

Doesn’t it kind of depend on what kind of love and support you are looking for? Wink

until I find out if I made the cut or not Undecided

You rawk! Positive vibes coming your way!!

And all my prayers to you!

scottepond.com

You know I’m sending you everything I’ve got!

Forgive me, but many of you know that I’m currently begging for help for our 4 year old cousin from the UK. Her links are here & here . If you have a website or a blog, please consider posting these on your site. Thank you all and God bless you.

How or When will I know if my text to 70070 worked? Will I receive a reply back?

Best of Luck GJ you deserve it. I hope you make the cut, Good Luck to yeah!

The best way to see that your donation goes through is to sign it and then check the website. here

He hurt his hind leg yesterday. He seems to be operating better today, but still holds it up at times and has a hard time putting his full weight on it when he goes to the bathroom.

I was told since he’s not in obvious pain (only when I poke and prod an area) to give it about 24 hours to see what happens; I plan on taking him to the vet tomorrow regardless.

Still haven’t found a job yet.
    This could really, really suck.

Dog wounds are always heart breaking, you have our support

… but GJ is worth every twinge of agony.

scottepond.com

Sending big thoughts and good junkie vibes.

scottepond.com

Sending moochies for Buddy and good vibes that his injury is nothing serious and that you find a J.O.B. soon!

Gobs of Doggy-style Junkie Love heading in buddy’s direction.

Your good vibes seemed to work; looks like he just has a sprain in the muscle and should be OK in a couple of days. I’ve got 6 days worth of dog Advil to help with the pain but he seems to be doing better (before I even gave him the pill after I got home, he started chasing the cat when he saw him near his food bowl) which is a heck of a lot better than he was doing this morning before I took him to the doc.
    …it’s like the little bastard was milking this for all it’s worth. :-p

The power of Junkies compels you!

Good to hear that it wasn’t anything serious!

Does someone go into the park and, uh… lift up the dinosaurs’ skirts?

4 days to go!!!

I think I’m going mad.

Smile

What was that cat thinking? Good to know your four legged buddy is doing better. Maybe he was maybe he wasn’t milking it but atleast you know now it’s a muscle sprain and not something serious. Good luck on finding a new job, don’t give up!

Those bastards!!! Well, you can have as many bellahugs as you need, whenever you need them! *bellahug*

Great news! Glad to hear he’s on the mend

*cough, sniff*

and *smoochies* too!

Spray yourself down woman!

I’ve just had some BellaBot upgrades, one of which is an anti-bacterial/anti-viral hepa filter. I’m all good! Wink

I’m glad the pooch is on the mend … even if he will have you carrying him to the fire hydrant on a silk pillow for a week …

Here’s a link to her hometown newspaper who ran an article on her.

http://www.wigantoday.net/news/pulling_together_for_little_emma_1_3819936

I’m going to send an email round at work too tomorrow.

Where do I start? I always thought that I would get bailed out of jail by one of my parents [jokingly saying cause I don't plan on going to jail] but who would of thought it would actually happen BUT I WAS THE ONE BAILING OUT MY PARENT FROM JAIL! I just have to get this off my chest by saying I literally spent all day with a bails bondsman to bail my own Father out of the COUNTY FUCKING JAIL and getting my fathers truck out of the IMPOUND LOT! What a great day I had so far. I was a GOSH DARN MESH earlier but after getting his ass out of jail and retrieving the truck I feel a little better BUT I will never understand why he does some of the things he does! This is only the beginning because there are court hearing and etc. over the next couple of weeks. I feel like the adult in this situation and he’s the child cause I’m bailing him out of trouble LITERALLY!

……….JUNKIE 4 LIFE…..I’m MR. T’s brother from another mother, you can call me MR. M…..1st time Pusher…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)…..GO KRAKENS!…..and as always Have Nice Day…..

SEnding Junkie love and support, sounds like you need it.

Hope you & dad work things out and all is ok.

Hope he at least had fun doing it cause you’re gonna ground his butt and take away his TV priviledges…

Sorry to hear that…

scottepond.com

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your father.

I hope you’ll be able to work it all out soon. And as always, us Junkies will be here for you!

For all of the love and support y’all have given my family.

Please visit. http://www.emmahoolin.co.uk http://www.justgiving.com/allforemmahoolin

For all of the love and support y’all have given my family.

Sorry for the double. I get excited easily.

Please visit. http://www.emmahoolin.co.uk http://www.justgiving.com/allforemmahoolin

Emma’s just part of the extended Junkie family. I hope they get settled in OK. If there’s anything else that they need, please post or tweet.

Big hugs

x

x

During this time I just don’t know what to do! I feel like putting my hands in the air palms out and saying I don’t care, whatever and etc. but that really isn’t how I should act now is it. My father had a court hearing yesterday morning but luckily it was postponed to another date which turned out to be a good thing because the reason why is the attorney my father had knew the other defendant and is now taking his case instead if my fathers so my father is still looking for a attorney. This whole ordeal is driving me up the wall. Im really praying he gets a slap on the wrist figuratievly saying because im really worried that he might go back to jail which would be the worst case scenario. If he goes back to jail that means he loses his job of 20+ years because the business he is employed to does not take these acts lightly. I want to say thanks once again to you all for the support.

……….JUNKIE 4 LIFE…..I’m MR. T’s brother from another mother, you can call me MR. M…..1st time Pusher…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)…..GO KRAKENS!…..and as always Have Nice Day…..

I got one of my own…I just finally said enough is enough…I hope things get better for you…Wishing the best for you…Combat Cook

Seems a little shaky on the lawyer’s part, I must say.

Positive Junkie vibes, thoughts and prayers going out to JP’s dad and the rest of the family. xoxo

Many hugs and good vibes for a quick recovery for JP’s dad.

hugg! Speediest of recoveries JP’s dad!!!

@Shady Please do. Still sending Junkie vibes, thoughts and prayers.

That’s excellent news Shady!! So glad to hear it! Will continue to keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. :)

Thanks for letting us know how he’s doing. Glad to hear the results were so positive. Many hugs!

That’s great to hear Shady. Thoughts to you and JP and your family.

I knew I couldn’t stop smoking for long. I’m pretty disappointed in myself right now. I went from Friday morning until Tuesday night without a smoke. I decided to go cold turkey, no patches, no nothing. Well everything was going good the past couple of days because I had the past couple days off from work. When I went back to work last Tuesday night I just cracked under pressure. I ended up buying a pack of cigarettes and now I’m kicking myself for doing so. Stupid me **bangs head into wall** now im stuck with this pack and I really don’t even want to smoke anymore out of thus pack.

I just found out that one of my fellow employees passed away last week. He worked in the field and was rarely in the office, so not seeing him for days/weeks at a time was not unusual.

This morning I was asked to place a job ad for his position, so I asked why he was fired – assuming that was what had happened. Imagine my surprise when I found out that he died. :(
    Nick wasn’t a Junkie & I never knew him outside of work, but I’d like to send thoughts and prayers out to his family for their great loss of one so young. He was only 28.

I’m sorry to hear that. We are sending our thoughts and prayers to his family. That must be so hard.

Sorry to hear that. Too know a Junkie is too be a Junkie.

JPs dad needs some warm junkie thoughts and love. JP is with him now.

My thoughts on prayers with your whole family.

Thanks for thinking of us Dozie. You are a real sweetheart.

You know I’m sending all my love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and smoochies to the whole family. xoxo

I do and you have been wonderful listening to me venting about it all. Thank you.

You’re very welcome. Anytime. But you already know that too. :)

Junkies fucking rock!

Wow that really sucks to hear…. To just find out that someone you worked with even if not that close can really mess with you. :(

My thoughts and prayers go with him in hope that his situation improves! :)

Thanks Carnie. It really was a shock. :(

:)

Very sorry to hear about this. 28 is way too young :(

Positive vibes coming your way. And hoping for a turn for the better for JP’s dad.

Thanks.

You know what I think. I’m right with you both on this x

Agreed. :(

It sounds like my roommate and I are going to be evacuated either tonight or tomorrow; the creek is flooding and depending on what happens my roommate might be losing her home or at least getting some serious water damage.

The creek is very high and fast and it sounds like the retaining wall is going to break sometime tonight. The fire department is trying to shore up the wall, but there is almost no chance of it working. We are packed and ready to go but we are pretty freaked out.

Sorry for the spaz here, but we are very stressed out and just waiting for the call.

OMFDO! This sounds terrible!! Stay safe!

Let us know how things are going.

Things are doing a lot better now; all the trees have been removed from the area and the retaining wall has actually been shored up pretty well, they dumped over 50 tonnes of rock into the creek. The creek is really high now but that might actually be a good thing; the water is up but not coming over the bank and the increased water level might mean that the current won’t be as strong and hopefully won’t wear away the bank so much.

We are sending warm dry junkie vibes your way.

Hey junkies. I know many of you are aware that JP’s dad has been having some health issues. I’m sad to report that they have gotten much worse. He went into the hospital a few days ago. His body is failing on many levels. They will transfer him to hospice care in the next 24 hrs or so. After that they say it will be a matter of days or many weeks. Please send JP and his family all your warm junkie thoughts and love. I will keep you all posed on how things are going.

My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you, JP, CB and the rest of the family. xoxo

Positive Junkie Vibes to JP, you, CB and all of the family.

Sending out big hugs and prayers my friends!

I’m very sorry to hear about JP’s dad.

All the best to you and yours Shady. Many prayer and junkie love for all. Stay strong.

You know my thoughts are with you all. I’ll keep on sending those DM’s and all my love from the UK x x Stay strong x

Thank you all for your warm thoughts. They have really helped to make a difficult time a little easier. For those that ave been asking, it looks as if the funeral will be Dec 12th at Arlington.

Well, it’s Dead Fowl Consumption Day again here in this little country. I don’t pretend to understand the mystical and supernatural origins behind celebrating the ancient overthrow of flesh eating turkey overlords hellbent on subjugating the human race. But it does tend to make one realize that any day those feathered bastards could rise up again and eat our faces. It emphasizes just how much real danger we are in from feathered daemons and gives us the opportunity to be thankful for what we have.

Wanted to send out a few thanks in honor of our Fowl Freedom:

First and foremost a big thanks to Scott and A. We all love and appreciate the hard work you do every day to keep our imaginations fed and keeping us entertained. I’d also like to thank you both, personally, for being the quirky and wonderful people you are and for allowing me the opportunity to build forts in your creative playground and help bring additional life to your wonderful works. It is an honor, my friends.

Second, a big thanks and “Luvs ya!” to my Fellow Chang Bangers–BigJohn, Bells, GJ, Kali, JP, Shady, Del, Richno, Dozier, Athanas, GMork, Beth, Kevinesque, Wolfe, and anyone else I may have inadvertently left out–you guys rock, plain and simple. You all keep me entertained and grounded on so many levels that I can’t even begin to tell you how much I appreciate and love you all.

Third, a huge thanks and appreciation to all my fellow junkies who come here everyday and make this place a very cool place to visit and hang. Without you, this place just wouldn’t be as groovy.

Last, but not least, a huge thanks and much love to all my friends and family in general (including those above), both those still with us and those who have moved onto the clearing at the end of the path. Without you all I would be just a lonely and miserable hermit. You are all in my heart, always.

Awww, we love you to Scott! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all my fellow Junkies! :D

It’s been great geting to know all of you. It’s not Thanksgiving in Canada but happy Thanksgiving anyways. You rock

*wipes sweaty eyeballs*

I couldn’t have said it any more eloquently than that, Scott. I feel the same way about you, Scott & A, the Chang Bangers and the rest of the Junkies. I’m blessed and thankful to be part of this awesome community and to call you my friends.

I’m also extremely thankful that GJ is alive and well, although terribly bruised and battered, after a very serious car accident yesterday. And since this is the perfect forum for it, I’d like to send out my love, thoughts and prayers to her as she recovers and ask that you send some positive Junkie vibes her way as well.

Oh yikes. Glad GJ’s mostly ok and here’s hoping that she recovers quickly.

*gentle non-squishy hugs for her*

Thanks for the kind thoughts. I’m bruised, battered, emotional but thankful that it wasn’t worse. My thoughts go out to the other lady involved and hope that she also has a speedy recovery.

Right back at you Bro.

I’ll give you Piggybacks until your foot gets better.

Kiss BIG SMOOCHIES PONDY BEAR!

*gets out the riding crop*

Why did you have to make it weird? :-( *puts clothes back on*

Surprised

Laughing

Subscribeded!

One of my very close friends gave birth to her daughter at 24 weeks on February 16th. At barely a pound when born, Kayla has been surprising the doctors and nurses with how well she’s been doing. However, at one month old, she is still presenting with new problems and has a very long, hard road ahead of her.

The Junkie support system has been known to work miracles in the past, so if you could add Kayla and her parents to your thoughts and prayers, I know she’ll continue to get stronger and surpass everyone expectations. Hopefully, she’ll be able to go home with mommy and daddy sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance from me, Kayla and her parents.

You got it!

Hey guys, a few of you got part of this on Twitter…but I wanted to share with my Junkie family what’s been going on.

Last Weds. TheBigGuy, age 50, starting vomiting and basically collapsed on the sidewalk near work. It turns out to have been a small stroke. We were very lucky that his coworkers immediately called EMS and he was at the hospital within 20 minutes.

His symptoms were atypical, but luckily his doctor’s recognized that there was something seriously wrong – this was not the flu or food poisoning. The dizziness and his eyes being unable to “track” was the big clue.

He’s doing remarkably well. The stroke was small and in an area that seems to have done no damage to his motor functions, speech or cognitive abilities. He’s still having vertigo but we are home now. He can get around with a cane pretty well. All in all we were very lucky.

He’s going to need to improve his diet and make sure to continue regular exercise and probably have to take some meds for a while at least to make sure he isn’t having blood clots.

We’ll be seeing you at SF2K13 in Vegas.

So scary! Thank FDØ his co-workers were there for him! I’ll be keeping you both in my thoughts.

I was lucky that his family lives here in town, plus the guys we work with are super. I had lots of support and people to trade-off sitting with him while I caught naps. Probably the scariest time of my life when they first started saying “stroke.”

So sorry to hear that, Beth. I hope he gets well soon.

Quick update: TBG is doing great. He has PT this week, but since he’s been walking without the cane for several days, I’m not sure what they will need to do. But those PT folks can always come up with some torture!

He’s been working, taking mutliple breaks. We’ll probably start going into the office next week at least for half days.

I feel so incredibly lucky. Thanks for all the Junkie love!

Glad to hear that he’s doing better. Thank FDO for all your family and friends who were able to help take care of him. It takes a village!

Kayla had a really bad day yesterday. She gave everyone a major scare when her kidneys started to shut down. She’s doing better today but it’s been 1 step forward & 2 steps back recently so she could really use some strong Junkie medicine right now. Please keep her in your prayers.

Sorry to hear the little one is struggling. My heart goes out to you and her family.

How is little Kayla doing? Vibes are streaming her way…

@Belladonna420: I’m not much for prayer, but I am known to beam my mental superpowers across the known universe, often resulting in effects like turning lead to gold, creating perpetual motion machines, and impacting the health of people I’ve never seen. I am firing up the positive thought machine now …

Thanks so much for all the positive thoughts, vibes and prayers. Kayla is doing well. She continues to fight and gain strength and there have been no major setbacks since the kidney incident.

Here’s a pic of Kayla smiling. She says thanks to everyone for keeping her in your thoughts. :)

I could use some vibes tossed my way.
    Just found out my dog has an inoperable bladder tumor and the clock has started counting down.

Man, that sucks. I’m sorry to hear it. I am tossing good vibes your way for your and your pup.

So sorry Josh. Keeping you both in my thoughts.

@athanas: Oy, the short end of the pet-owning stick. Very sorry to hear about your boddy. The only solace is knowing you did everything you could to give the pup a life full of love. And treats. They like the love, sure, but man, treats.

There’s no way around it and it comes to us all. Do the best you can until the end, then greive away. I still haven’t got over the loss of Mookie and Emma, but they had great lives (and man, many treats).

I’m so sorry to hear about your dog. I’m sending hugs and vibes out to you. xoxox

Thanks, guys.

It was a rough couple days when I got the news, but I realized, (meaning, through a moment of clarity that forced itself through a vodka haze,) that he’s not in any real danger right now and most likely won’t be for a couple months at least; no point agonizing over something that I can’t control and basically force myself to feel like I’m losing him every other day.

Now the plan is to live the good life for as much as he’s got left and for he and I do do our best best to burn this motherfucker down….or start as much of a fire as one can start with a 7 pound dog that likes to sleep more than most anything. :-p

Well, good vibes are heading your way to the both of you anyway. :)

Sorry to hear that. :-(

Very, very sorry to hear of the news of your dog.
    Love ‘em, hug ‘em and squeeze ‘em. Take a bunch of pictures and plan something awesome for him to eat. I recently lost my dog and gave him as much vienna sausages as he wanted before I let him go.
    (((((Long Distance Hugs)))))

Sorry to hear that, Gmork. You have my sympathy.

Oh, this little dude is getting spoiled. He takes his medicine mixed with ice cream every morning and instead of store bought treats, (besides the cat treats I sneak him every now and then,), he gets little chunks of steak throughout the day.

Hugs and good vibes. Enjoy him.

Mrs. BigJohn is going in for some slightly-higher-than-minor surgery tomorrow. But, of course, with all surgeries there is risk, so if any spare vibes could be sent our way they would be appreciated.

She is having a bunionectomy, which mostly involves breaking her foot and realigning it (ouch!). If you want to google “Austin Bunionectomy” that’ll give you an idea of what’s happening. The worst part is that she has to be off her feet for weeks and weeks. I’m taking off this week from work so i can be around to help her do everything, and then she has an additional 7 or 8 weeks of recovery before she goes back to work.

Mrs. BigJohn is going in for some slightly-higher-than-minor surgery tomorrow. But, of course, with all surgeries there is risk, so if any spare vibes could be sent our way they would be appreciated.

She is having a bunionectomy, which mostly involves breaking her foot and realigning it (ouch!). If you want to google “Austin Bunionectomy” that’ll give you an idea of what’s happening. The worst part is that she has to be off her feet for weeks and weeks. I’m taking off this week from work so i can be around to help her do everything, and then she has an additional 7 or 8 weeks of recovery before she goes back to work.

I sympathize with her. I have a bunion but I can’t afford to take the time off to get it fixed. Another girl at work did do the surgery and it went well and she was happy with the results. I will be sending good vibes your wife’s way.

I sympathize with her. I have a bunion but I can’t afford to take the time off to get it fixed. Another girl at work did do the surgery and it went well and she was happy with the results. I will be sending good vibes your wife’s way.

Good luck and positive vibes to Mrs. BigJohn! I hope the surgery goes well and she has a speedy recovery – for both your sakes. Wink

Good luck and positive vibes to Mrs. BigJohn! I hope the surgery goes well and she has a speedy recovery – for both your sakes. Wink

Thanks you guys; it’s helped tremendously! You must have extra experience with vibes…or vibrations…or whatever, cuz she’s doing really well. The fears about massive pain have so far been unfounded, so either her meds are really good, or your vibes are spectacular. :) Thanks for the well-wishes!

Here you can see a video of her getting up stairs: http://youtu.be/NE0PJKqLNTE

Glad to hear she is doing OK. My daughter had that when she was about 13 and the first few days were pretty rough. And the doctor wouldn’t let her keep the peice of bone they hacked out! (Yes, we asked, we are weird that way.)

I hope you gave her a walkie talkie or a bell or something so she can summon you as needed. :-)

And be sure to come up with a good story for the scar — DD tells everyone it was a shark attack. HA!

Sorry I missed the original post. I’m so sorry to hear about your pup. Those fur-balls sure do have a place in our hearts. I still miss my Windy and TipTip and the remaining dog is SO Spoiled! ((hugs to you both))

Glad to hear things are going well, John. I hope she has a speedy and painless recovery.

Thanks, you guys. Her recovery is going very well. I think she freaked herself out because she heard nothing but stories of intense pain from everyone she talked to who had it done. She was all prepared to be completely medicated, but stopped taking pain meds after only 3 days. She’s walking around but still gets fatigued easily, so she doesn’t do any extended walking very much. We’re going to a Giants baseball game on Sunday, and plan to take full advantage of the temporary handicap placard she has.

Every time we go out, I encourage her to bring her crutches. She doesn’t like to (or, really, even NEED to) use them. But I tell her that, if nothing else, it makes other people around her more aware that they should not step on her tender tootsies.

She was prepared to take two months off, but after having supervised our bathroom remodel for the last couple of weeks, and basically going stir crazy, she plans to go back to work on August 1. I can only believe that the positive and overwhelmingly powerful Junkie vibes from all y’all have helped make her recovery painless and quick.

Thanks again for all the well-wishes! :)

Well, my folks could use some good vibes.
    They went to visit my brother and his family while they were camping and one of my folks dogs took off into the woods, (which is odd as she’s been camping many, many times and has never strayed far from camp,).
    She’s been gone for 24 hours and with the rain and dropping temperature, I think they’re going to call it a night soon as they’re both soaked and freezing right now.

Does anyone know any good sites for reporting lost pets that send out notices to local shelters and vets? I’ve come across a link for the Oregon Humane Society and PetAmberAlerts, but I’d love to know if anyone has any other suggestions.

OMG that’s heart breaking! I hope she’s safe & sound and found soon! If she has a license or chip your parents might hear something soon, right? Good vibes sent. Much good luck! x

I hate hearing stories like this. :’( I hope they find the poor girl soon. Positive vibes being sent their way.

Any news on the lost puppy? I hope there’s a happy ending.
    Definitely get your dogs chipped – I got a call from the vet down the road that they had my silly Koda and I didn’t even realize she’d escaped the backyard yet!

My Aunt could use some junkie love. She has a bad heart and serious back problems from a fall last year. While on vacation in Colorado, she passed out and had a bad fall. They airlifted her to Grand Junction where she had emergency back surgery. After 3 weeks in the hospital, she was released. A few days later, my uncle called an ambulance when she was unable to get up. She is back in the hospital and we are waiting for more news. She is in sever pain and I’m not sure what they are going to do.

@athanas I don’t have any good suggestions for you, but sending them lots of good thoughts and hoping the pup is safe and sound.

@shadygirl I hope they can help your aunt. Have they found a cause? Sending oodles of good thoughts! hugg

@Twainy They don’t know yet why she is in so much pain. Her bladder has shut down so she is on a catheter. She has had back pain and problems since her fall a year ago. She broke it then. Why the pain is so bad after the most recent surgery is a mystery. She was on Vicodin and the pain was so bad she couldn’t get out of bed. It is scary. Thanks for all the warm
    Thoughts.

@shadygirl & Shadygirl’s aunt & family … hugg!!!

Unfortunately, there’s nothing new to report. It’s been a week since she went missing and my folks have looked almost every day. I think at this point someone would have to find her or some kind of Incredible Journey return trip, (and that’s not totally out of the realm of possibility; she ran off about 15 miles away from where my folks live. Stranger things have happened,).
    Hoping for the best, but it’s not looking too good.

So here is an update for those of you that have been asking. My Aunt was released from the hospital in CO so she could return home to AZ. She has been admitted to the hospital there. They are continuing to treat her for an infection to the surgical site. It is quite bad and they say the infection is in the bone. At this point, we have no idea how much longer she will be in the hospital. She is beginning to have complications with the antibiotics killing the good bacteria in her body. My parents are going to see her next week.

@Shadygirl … HI! … HUGG! Positive Junkie vibes coming your aunt’s way!! I hope she is up and better, sooner than expected!! HUGG!!!

Man, fuck inevitability.
    Lost my little man Tuesday morning at about 3:30 AM. He had a seizure that scared the shit out of me and pretty much cemented the thought that when I rushed him to the ER that it would be a one way trip.
    Waiting for my tax return to get his paw print tattooed on me, either on my shoulder or below my clavicle.
    I can’t say I believe in a heaven, but I do know I’ve never hoped for one as hard as I did after I let him go.

@athanas I am so sorry to hear that. I know he has been struggling for a while. Sending you all our love and warm thoughts.

@athanas So sorry for your loss, Josh. Heaven or no, at least you can be confident in knowing that he’s not in pain or suffering any longer. Hugs & smoochies.

One side of me is relieved in the fact that he’s not suffering anymore. No more tumor, no more arthritis, no more feeling bad if he had an accident on the floor.

The other part is eviscerated because a day before he died he was dancing on his hind legs when I pulled the boiled chicken out of the fridge.

If there’s a plus in all of this, (and I feel like a cunt for even saying that,) it’s that I’ve been prepared for this since last May when they found the tumor in his bladder, so I’m not nearly as messed up as I would be if this was all-of-a-sudden. Still, it tears you to shreds when you see that pink stuff being injected into him.

@athanas
    I’m so sorry I missed this and I’m so sorry about you losing your doggy friend. I think a paw print would be a wonderful reminder.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.