This topic contains 37 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of James Keeling James Keeling 6 years, 6 months ago.

iTunes and iPod Question

• Profile photo of James Keeling

but it was worth the chuckle… 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

Profile photo of J.P.

It’s a reference to humans, not to…! Gross! Don’t talk like that with lil’ Nate listening! (Note the feigned shock and disgust. Did it work?)

– Prospice tibi–ut Gallia, to quoque in tres partes dividaris.

Profile photo of James Keeling

I needed that grin…… 

Be it simple bed wetting or the ever present nocturnal emissions, I don’t want to know about your "wetware"…

"Depends! JP!  Depends!  It’s the wave of the future!" 

Profile photo of J.P.

Life sure is hard, and a hell of a lot harder if you’re NATE!

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

turns out if i want to use the checkmarks, i have to switch from manual mode
    Nate Dogg (#7 crackhits if SOMEONE doesn’t keep trying to pass me)… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Profile photo of J.P.

Naaaaate… how many times do I have to tell you? Knock it off. If treed gets mad, it’s going to be your fault. Don’t make me pull this forum over, young man…

Profile photo of J.P.

a wetware problem… (I’ve been that problem myself, bro.)

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

-had a friend who used that on forms, "actuator difficulties". he was a mechanic at Kelly AFB doing work on fighter jets. was told to stop after it was explained to the pilots what it meant.
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

PEBKAC – Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair…  Quite possibly… 

Profile photo of J.P.

Jam, regarding your iPod and iTunes issue, sometimes you just have to ask yourself, “Is it the car, or the driver?”

-damn it, jam, made me actually laugh…. and i had good grump going. lol

You leave my bipedal impediment out of this! 

I gave it a month…   if they don’t bite by then, I think it shoud be fair game… 

Nate Dogg (#7 crackhits if SOMEONE doesn’t keep trying to pass me)… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Profile photo of The Hammer

Select all the episodes you want to alter and right-click tocheck or un-check.  I also use smart playlists to group podcasts if Play count is 0 (as opposed to new/not new).  One smart playlist is all my new podcasts except sigler’s (he gets his own playlist).  [I think, therefore I’m right. -Hugo Rune]

You want the truth?  You want the Truth?!?!  You can’t handle the Truth!!! 

i like to have alllllll the episodes of somepodcasts(so i can listen to sigler and such in my sleep) but others (even some i have 50+ hour long eps of) i dont want all of them. grrrrrr
    i guess ill try the check marks of doom

Profile photo of JT Manis

I used to have the same problem, but it’s been a while since I’ve started manually downloading podcasts.

Profile photo of Peter Braat

QUOTE: (i wish it would do this for songs as well)

select the song (or all your songs using CTRL+A) then rightclicking it, selecting properties. in the opened window go to the info  (the fifth tab) and select remember position (or something similar (the third checkbox from the bottom) then hit enter and presto.

All your songs will remember the position when you pause them and replay them at a later stage. 

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

I don’t know why it keeps removing that specific podcast. It shouldn’t do that if you set it to put all podcasts on the iPod

I hope you work it out, but if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Been there, done that… And it syncs up with my "unlistened to" podcasts fine.  But if I eject the iPod, listen to the first 10 minutes of a podcast, then plug it in to keep it charging, the podcast that I listened to is marked as "already listened to" and is automatically removed from the iPod.  That’s the problem I’m seeing.  The syncing works fine… 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredigital/246053372/

[flickr-photo:id=246053372,size=m]

then click podcast there should be something likethe thing I previously discribed

when you hook up your iPod to iTunes it will automaticaly go to a screen with your iPod on it.

Just above that there are a few tabs. click the podcast tab and there you can pick to sync all podcasts

That’s not the way mine is behaving.  Is there a setting for that?  I couldn’t see anything in preferences.  I’ll play with it and see what it does. 

when you set it to sync all your podcasts they will not be deleted when you listenend to them for 15 minutes, they will stay on your iPod until you delete them from iTunes

edit: even when you auto-Sync (like I do)

-oh, and itunes likes mp3’s. it just will treat it as a song, not a podcast

In their never ending pursuit of trying to do everything for you, apple has done it again…. 

-from deleting if you have it on auto-sync

But how do you get it to not automatically mark a partially listened to podcast as "listened to" where it automatically removes itself from the ipod when you sync?  That’s the issue I’m seeing.   

On the iPod page go to the podcast tab and there you can choose which podcasts you want to sync and which you don’t want to sync. Or sync ‘em all

You can also choose how many episodes you want to sync per podcast.

All,1,3,5,10 episodes

All,1,3,5,10 most recent episodes

Etc

Etc

And manual mode is not exactly necessary (at least I don’t use manual mode and myiPod’s work OK)

Is that I "HAVE" to go to manual…  Hell, I might as well copy the files over using Windows Explorer… Wait.. iPods don’t like that do they…  Okay… why again is Apple so darn great? 

-click the settings button, choose keep all episodes
    be sure you have iPod settings to manual, you do not want iTunes putting things on and taking things off by itself (remember what Harry Potter was told about objects that seem to think for themselves, they are evil) Having iTunes automatically sync your iPod is not podcast friendly.
    It can be a hastle to select and manually load each episode as they come in, but then i know it won’t disappear unless i want it too. also, be sure you select it to remember where you were in the podcast (i wish it would do this for songs as well)

I want Answers!  I want the Truth! 

Profile photo of Donald Martin

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

Alright.  I’m willing to give this whole Apple iThing a try…  But I’ve already found something that cheeses me off…  I’ve got my nifty iPod set to sync up podcasts using iTunes.  yipee-frickin-doo….   New podcast comes in, I check the box to sync it and it syncs "new" podcasts…  Cool.  I’m at work.  I unplug it from my PC, and listen to the first 15 minutes of a podcast.  Ooops.. gotta go to a meeting, plug it back in so it’ll charge.  Go to meeting.  Twiddle thumbs, ask questions so it looks like I care….  leave meeting and go back to my desk.  Unplug iPod, go to listen to podcast… Where the hell is it!  It was there an hour ago!  Oh!  Listen to the first 5 seconds of a podcast and it marks itself as "Not New"….  removes itself from the iPod and changes the "New" bit in iTunes…  So I’ve got to go in, mark it as "New" again and force a sync… just so I can listen to it…  Do I have to go to manual mode to make this "not stupid"?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.