This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Maia W Maia W 6 years, 11 months ago.

It would be the bomb if these published books were available in any Accessible formats!

Bravo! Glad to hear that!
    ————
    KnitWitch

in his quest for world domination, now group or organization os too small or insignificant. He (DAMN HIM) has his eyes (DAMN THEM) on everything and everyone ………….
    the voices have spoken
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

soon we get to BUY siglers (DAMN HIM) published books as an audiobook with all the updated stuff/shit/crap/whatever
    at least that is what episode for rant said
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

Scott will “rob us blind” with his awesome book sales, and then offer up braille when we can’t see or hear anything! Why are we deaf? Because Scott screamed at us too loud in one of his junkie tyraids. It could happen!

Awesome. Sure, we all know that you need to do the deals and bring home the Benjamins, but the fact that you’re stressing accessibility to your works makes me sit back and find ways to mock you that take into you’re actually a nice guy… brain starting to freeze up…

——-

Whole Lot of Nonsense PodCast – http://www.wholelotofnonsense.org
    UUCSH Sunday Services – http://uucsh.libsyn.com
    Follow Me – http://www.twitter.com/bpende
    Pownce on Me – http://www.pownce.com/bpende

Don’t think for a second it’s simple altruism. He just wants to ensnare as many junkies as possible, and he’ll leave no segment of the population untapped. That’s what global domination is all about, after all.

I’m waiting for the Esperanto translations, myself.

The ways of the Lord are often dark but never pleasant.

Bitchen!
    Cool Shit!
    THANK YOU SCOTT!
    Finally an author cares about the blind! You have made my fucking day man! And, Yes, I will be buying both the Braille and audio books!
    Praze be given to you man!

That’s the worst part, knowing exactly what you’re making me do and being powerless to stop it. Soon you will control my movements, make me eat the other members of my squad…

…or maybe that’s just something I heard in a podcast somewhere.

Sweet, I know what to get my dad for Father’s day next year. I turned my dad into a junkie as well I know he really enjoyed the rookie from comments he’s made.

Vampires versus Werewolves in a browser based game

Scott you sick bastard exploiting the blind so we have to buy more content from you

Yessss, Corwin, yesss …..

You know what I’m doing, and yet, your credit card still seems to magically float in front of your face, saying "we have room left on the limit! Spend, SPEND!"

You’re going to con me into buying Infected twice, aren’t you? I need the print version, but I also need that extra audio content. Knowing my willpower (or lack thereof), I’ll probably wind up buying both on April 1.

The audio book for INFECTED will be released the same time as the hardcover, on April 1, 2008. It will be a "director’s cut," with extra story content that isn’t even in the hardcover. Extra, "off-camera" stuff I’m making up after we’re done with the hardcover. Just a little bonus love for my audio-only listeners.

As for the braille version, I’ve made it clear to Crown that Braille is a priority. However, this is not a regular process for them, and they are looking into it.

I won’t rest until my books are available in all formats, especially for blind readers.

Look, I don’t have a problem with buying books from my favorite authors, but there seems to be no accessible reliece such as Braille or audio books. I Was very interested in the books you’ve already put out in print, But it brought me down a little when there was no Braille or audio versions. I know that audio versions are available, but they are not the ones with all the changes. I actually had one of my friends read me parts of the books that were changed over skype. See man, I am really really in need of a fix. I also realize that a smaller publisher would most likely not be able to support an accessible version, but you could submit the books to http://www.bookshare.org as the author, Then we blind people could go and pick them up that way with a minimal effort from you or crown or anyone who would be putting in the time to make things like that come to pass. Do you think you can think this over a little. On behalf of all blind people, I thank you! Sorry about the bitching but I just had to ask. I would have put this up in the ask section, but it would not have fit with the topic up there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.