This topic contains 20 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Arioch Morningstar Arioch Morningstar 5 years ago.

Is the manual HTML coding within PMs a necessary evil of the drupal system or a bug?

We’re not going to be able to fix it until we upgrade to Drupal 6

[flickr-photo:id=3311831734,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3164696453,size=s]

this dru character, and why does he upset folks so much if he’s supposed to be our pal?

MC, CA, UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother and[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=s]

…I got that Kevin is the Jacktard drunk diver of this short bus we are all on…did I read that correctly?Tongue out

Remember, he’s driving the damn thing Tongue out

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

Is that what you trying to imply?

I do believe that may be my least favorite thing about text communication prior to meeting someone. It’s nearly impossible to pick up tone.

Shall I hop on the bus now?

was that the real driver had gotten out and left it running and guess who jumped in the driver seat…

JOYRIDE OF THE JACKTARDS! 

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

the driver is merely the leader of the Jacktards. Hardly an auspicious position.

I feel like I fell out of the short bus, then it ran over me. Repeatedly. And all the occupants were laughing at the mess I made.

MC, CA, UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother

but this one made me feel like I was driving it.

(grin)

…..but haven’t had time to watch it yet. I’ve been kind of busy doing re-mastering episodes of THE ROOKIE. Haven’t really had too much leisure time.

[flickr-photo:id=3727587091,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3727549381,size=s]

…..but haven’t had time to watch it yet. I’ve been kind of busy doing re-mastering episodes of THE ROOKIE. Haven’t really had too much leisure time.

[flickr-photo:id=3727587091,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3727549381,size=s]

are you still watching dollhouse?

the reason I ask is I follow Eliza Dushku and she has some interesting stuff up at times.

It takes <p><p> to get an actual break, so I type that once, keep that in the copy buffer and use it when I want to make a break between paragraphs, salutation, whatever. 

I went through and DM’d my email to all my Twitter contacts so it shouldn’t be an issue for any of you anymore.

this way works better for three reasons:

1. To the best of my knowledge Robbie is still doing some of the web support for the site
    2. As you can see from the comments above, not everyone even knew about being able to use the HTML work around
    3. I hate annoying people. Pulsar’s a volunteer and this isn’t all that important. He’ll get to it when he can. This seemed like the most appropriate place to put it.

So neener.

Man, that has been a major pet peave of mine for a long time.  Shoulda thought about the html tags.  I feel like a Jacktard now.

through the PM system. now that I know I can actully type in the paragraph <p> to make it do what I want.. YEAH. i never thought of doing it manually.

I was of the mind that this was going to be upgraded just like the rest of the website, I never thought to ask about it. 

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sometimes I AM a sheep.

just PM Pulsar directly for an answer. I think he’ll know right off the top of his noodle. Of course typing such a PM might require a few manual paragraph or line breaks…

Most folks don’t even know about it, but I find it hellaciosly annoying. Anytime you send a private message, the private message system discards any carriage returns you’ve put in unless you have put them in as <p> code.

This may not seem like a big thing, but it does it for replies too. The end result is that all of your text (and any prior text) is run together into one long paragraph.

Is this a bug or just the way drupal is? I find it so annoying that I’m considering publishing my email but I’d like to see if we can get this problem fixed first. Thanks for looking into it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.