This topic contains 43 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Desiree Johnson Desiree Johnson 2 years, 4 months ago.

Is Infected being made into a movie?

I hope if its made into a movie it will be gory as hell. He cant leave out all the good stuff! The chicken scissors are classic. Was this ever made into a movie?

you are a freaking genius. also, danny boyle would do it justice. thank youuuuuu!

Clay Matthews, OLB for the Green Bay Packers, as Perry Dawsey. He might be only 6-3, 255lbs but I think with his hair he could fit the part. As for acting ability…it is a well known fact that football players make fine actors. Who can forget Fred Dwyer as Hunter? Or the performances of Merlin Olson and Lyle Alzado? Or the fact Howie Long had us all convinced in those Radio Shack commericals he and Terri Hatcher were hooking up?

Then there is Terry Bradshaw, a man considered by some, well by one(my SIL) as the finest actor of our times. We were watching “Failure to Launch”, a movie starring Terry Bradshaw and Carrie Bradshaw, when she said, “Terry Bradshaw has got to be the best actor ever.” She was impressed by the scene where he was walking around naked in the kitchen. At first my brother and I thought she was joking. He even said, “How about Pacino, Deniro, or Nicholson?”. But she wasn’t joking!

What kills us, doesn’t make us stronger.

picture…MMMMMMmmmmm

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

used to be a professional wrestler here. He used to be one of my favs when I followed wrestling… eons ago.

It’s all a matter of perspective…..

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

Maybe when I’m old and grey I’ll get jealous and sit there saying something like “that’s not a skirt – does you’re mamma know you’re wearing that?” Tongue out

Hunt to kill, (not a great film) however, the leading mad could be a Perry… He’s a massive man and coud imagine him using chicken scissors on his peanuts!

Steve Austin! Check him out here

……get any higher. That’s actually not all that common of a trait. More common than straight men being able to appreciate an attractive guy, but still not ubiquitous. One of the best things about my ex-wife was being able to discuss what we thought of people walk by sans jealousy. Most folks aren’t able to simply appreciate the ascetics of the human form, particularly when it comes to their own gender. Goodonya!

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

but a girl can appreciate a hot girl in the same way as she can a hot boy. That doesn’t make you Bi. Just human.

Part of the reason I adored Crank was that the producers had the balls to kill the protagonist at the end of the film. They stayed within the constraints of the world they created in Crank.

Is whatever they did to resurrect him even remotely believable or just a sad excuse for Hollywood wanting to cash in on a sequel?

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

there’s also Crank 2

terrible terrible accent… but he’s still lush…

What’s the movie where he’s injected with something and has only a few hours and he bones the blonde in the street? Yummy Yummy…

a UFC Light Heavy Weight/Heavy Weight fighter as Dawsey as long as they prove they can act. thats pretty much the only kind of person who could pull of his size. and they are sexy as hell.

I’ve never wanted to go the gym quite as much as when I was watching Death Race.

1 of the best moments of my life was when I found out the Baywatch cast had chest implants. Not the girls, that was obvious, the GUYS had pectoral implants. I was so happy about that. Suddenly felt a lot better about being me Cool

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

I think I’ve seen most of his movies (cuz he’s a hottie! Wink) Just never noticed the bad accents… must be too busy watching him flex his muscles! Embarassed

Check out the movie, The One, I don’t know what accent he’s going for in that but it’s almost painful.

Don’t you hurt him! Wink

What movie did he try to do an American accent in? Maybe it was just so bad it never occured to me that he was trying for an American accent…

to do an American accent. I want to slap his mouth with a wet fish and burn him with a ciggarette lighter on the nose – hmm is that too much?

That’s a joke right? Laughing

He’d play a badass Perry

———————————————————-

• Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Last I heard, and that was a while ago, Scott’s plan for getting any of his novels made into plays was turning them into graphic novels, as movie companies find it easier to flip through and get the gist of and make it into a movie, compared to them having to actually read a book and work from that. I didn’t think there was ever anything official that stemmed from that, but I see progress on a graphic novel now…

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Really like Bruce Willis for Dew Phillips. :B

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

who needs a screen play when you got a well written book to go off of.

bulk him up a bit (OK a lot) But height wise and look hes great and he does crazy mean pretty well. And Im still stuck on Rowdy Roddy Pipper as Papa Dawsey, he has the size. the look and he sounds just like Papa on the Podcast. And Rosie “Mad Cow” O’Donnell as Fatty Patty just so I can see her die horribly!!

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

I really think that the actor Kevin Durand would be a good fir for Perry. If you watched Lost you know him as Keamy

Kneel before the Dark Lord of the MorningStar

I hope this gets made into a movie. And as for a screenplay/script, I’d just use the book!! If they leave anything out of the movie I will be very VERY sad :

I am actually glad that the movie was never made. I remember the interview Scott did with the screenwriter and I was horrified to hear that he was taking out the chicken scissors scene. That would have been a a dissapointment

Kneel before the Dark Lord of the MorningStar

I can see Jake Busey as Perry but he may be getting on a bit now.

DKs

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not ‘Eureka!’ (I’ve found it!), but ‘That’s funny – ‘.

Didn’t Scott suggest Josh Hartnett in the Q&A at the end of Contagious as a possible Perry? I’m not sure if i can see him in that role, but then again, i can’t think of anyone else!

The whole spores from the sky concept is scary as hell.

Guestford_junkie

No idea if it got picked up again. I’m sure Scott will be talking to the movie folks when he’s in LA.

———————————————————-

Rachel Guestford_junkie

Of the chicken scissors

Infected had been optioned by Rogue pictures.  But they were bought out by Relativity Media who did not act on the Infected option and since then the option has expired. Scott is now collaborating with Matt F’n Wallace to write a screen play for Infected that they can present when the opportunity arises. (I think this is all correct)

KISS’d by Sigler Honored recipient of the "Iron Man" Award. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]

that would be so awesome if they did make a movie of infected and contagous!!! my only question would be, who the hell could posibly pull off perry dawsey?!?! bruce willis would be an awesome dew philips too

On the back flap of the hardcover CONTAGIOUS novel, it says, "Scott’s first hardcover release, INFECTED, was translated into a dozen languages and is being adapted for film by Random House Films/Rogue Pictures."  It’s so sick that the book is gonna be a movie – think of all the new Junkies we’ll get …

Scott said he was working on having a screenplay written so that Infected CAN be made into a movie.  The FDO says it will be done!

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

I’ve just this week devoured "Infected" and "Contagious" – can anyone tell me if they are going to make Infected into a movie?

I’ve seen reference to it here on the forum but can’t find any other info on http://www.imdb.com….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.