@Granby: That is bad-ass. Can I post the photo to my Flick page and the front page of this site?
Nah, there were a lot that were a lot better. Where mine really shone though, was that I was allowing people to touch the triangles, most of the other costumes there were kind of delicate or didn’t feel cool.
I don’t mind; It’s actually pretty easy to do. All you really need is liquid latex, scar wax and makeup.
1. put down a layer of liquid latex (you don’t have to do this step, but it makes cleanup easier)
2. apply the scar wax, try to blend the wax out a fair bit, so that it sticks to your face a little better
3. seal the wax with a layer of latex
4. apply the makeup for the body and the tenticles
5. cover everything with the latex; also if you have the time, you can build up a few layers of latex to make it look like the tenticles are raised
That’s pretty much it. The only other thing I can say is be careful with the latex; it gets everywhere and if it gets in your hair or facial hair it will hurt like hell every time you try to smile or speak
Very creative. If you don’t mind me asking what type of materials were used and how did you go about using these materials?
Sorry this is a little late.
This was for a Halloween costume party. It looks a little rough in the picture because I had already been wearing it for about an hour or so; plus people kept trying to poke or pet the triangles.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.