This topic contains 49 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Doc Coleman Doc Coleman 4 years, 4 months ago.

In The Likely Event of My Demise

• Profile photo of Doc Coleman

We’ll let it pass…

This time! *dun dun DUNNNN!*

And someone get that sound effects crew out of here!

Doc
    I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Profile photo of Doc Coleman

we’ll pre-record him making the various buzzes and clicks that make up human speech and then he can play back his own voice on a vocoder?

Doc

Profile photo of summiezig

Save 15% or more on your FDO insurance when you call now! We need to get FDO voice insurance as well because Pookie Chang just ain’t Pookie Chang without Scott Sigler.

Giddily awaiting more Nocturnal,

Summie

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

Mr Fast Fingers (title bestowed upon me by guestford_junkie)

Or insure us from the FD0?

Doc

Profile photo of CPK IrishmanFromOhio

Julie Andrews and blowing up ceiling fans from the Ohio Rookie tour. I am assuming the insurance beniefactor*ms* would be the Evil Quenn.

The Irishman from Ohio

I just thought that your comments were still appropriate to my comment.

Doc

… to kill off the FD0 before he kills you off.

Doc

Yeah, I kinda missed the veiled threat on first reading!

At first it seems an innocent comment but there’s definitely a threat in there.

Profile photo of J.P.

are you sort of threatening the FDO? In a round-about, gentle, subdued kind of way?

Profile photo of Scott "Big Fish" Pond

Trained to operate Nuclear Reactors… with lots of time cleaning… we were more like Nuclear Trained Janitors!

[flickr-photo:id=4730644738,size=m] • SciFiGeek2.0 • Artist for the Damned • Linebacker for the Mars Planets

I always thought a clone was a perfect replica…

Usually the clone is Evil, unless the original was evil, then they’re either good or they’re worse or something else is wrong with them. It’s in all the literature. ;D

Doc

I don’t think the clone will be any eviler…? (eh, is that right?)

It’s J.C. we need to keep an eye on!

…if the clone is evil? Eviler? Thingy?

Doc

Profile photo of Belladonna420

you’ve come to the right place!

Now, go wash my car!

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

I would never have a guy polish my boots with his tounge… saliva leaves a film that dulls the shine Wink So I throw them a can of old-school shoe polish & a soft cloth, and tell them to get to work, or else!

Hehe, after six years in the Army there are two things I am definitely an expert on – polishing boots and scrubbing toilets :)

**Just direct-a your feetza to Daddy Greene’s Pizza!**

But only because I am a worthless worm… at least that’s what they tell be as they beat me with rubber chickens…

[flickr-photo:id=4730644738,size=m] • SciFiGeek2.0 • Artist for the Damned • Linebacker for the Mars Planets

Profile photo of GJ

I think it will all be in his head.. or maybe he records bits and bobs on the run?

Guestford_junkie No I do not know everything, but I pretend that I do and I nod in all the right places

Has General Siglerisimo got rough drafts filed away for his cloned self to access after his demise?

My theory is that we all are in the FDO’s head – this is just like the matrix and he created it. He will also be cloned with the role of the evil scientist being J.C. Hutchinssss…

Profile photo of GJ

the author pegs it…

Guestford_junkie No I do not know everything, but I pretend that I do and I nod in all the right places

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

tried to tell me that as well. I told him he was just being a pussy & to get back to polishing my boot with his tounge.

**Just direct-a your feetza to Daddy Greene’s Pizza!**

…the “variable and moveable thin line depending on personal preference”… and for those with an S&M fetish I should have said “that exquisite pain that comes from torture”…

Profile photo of Kate Cheevers

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

There is a limit and a thin line between a nice ball hug and flippin torture…

Profile photo of Belladonna420

She said ball(s) in her 1st post and hug(s) in her response to Phantom. So, IMO, you were absolutely correct when you said, “Hee hee hee, Gmork said ball hug.Wink

Profile photo of steve libby

Take no prisoners. Take no ….! Owner of the Isis Ice Storm [flickr-photo:id=4729847729,size=m] Puller of strings

Profile photo of Gmork

And now I’m giggling again Laughing
    ———–
    Gmork – Wiki Czar and Thwackacutioner

Profile photo of Gmork

::hugs::
    ———–

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

“But I’m always dreaming. Even when I’m awake.”

Profile photo of Gmork

…I didn’t process anything after you wrote “balls”.

hehe…you said ballsTongue out
    ———–

Profile photo of athanas

makes Chocodile fish food?

Profile photo of Adam Gurri

But I’ve heard Scott talk about how he always gets asked about it, and it was just funny to witness it myself.

Profile photo of Wolf

In the event of Scotts demise, I get all the answers!!

(Hey, Scott, better check out any incoming packages very carefully!)

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach

Wabash Wolfpack

Profile photo of athanas

Kinda like Kafka where shit just ends right in the

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

If they do, Arioch will have to practice his Lee-Press-On-Smile and perform some deep breathing exercises. Anyone who listens to the podcast *should* know the answer to the Mt. Fitzroy question.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

Scott’s answered this question a gazillion times. It’s just a waste of time to keep asking it at this point.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
  • Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

……so I’m kind of in perpetual squee mode right now.

IMHO, Scott hasn’t written anything that sucked. Well, at least that he’s put down the feed Tongue out All of them range from 3 to 5 stars IMHO. Yes, I’m including the Bloodcasts in that assessment.

I suspect some of THE CRYPT stories will gain additional merit once we have all three books. I think of THE CRYPT as Babylon 5 squared. There’s all these divergent plot threads which will eventually become a beautiful tapestry, but right now they’re nothing more than pretty string. I’m stoked to see where he goes with it as well. The largest problem with THE CRYPT is that it totally alienates Joe Normal.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

…….how many balls Scott keeps in the air at any one time. Everyone plans their life as if their essentially going to live forever, psychologically we have to.

But look at what happened with Robert Jordan. He’s writing this (arguably) amazing fantasy epic and then dies before he can complete the series. In that case, I think there may have been some forewarning because there is another writer who is stepping in to wrap things up. It also helps that Jordan’s wife was his editor.

But what *would* happen if (powers that be [or not] forbid) some unforeseen calamity occured and Scott was no longer able to write? Are there notes in his office that someone could work off of to finish out the plotlines for the Junkies? It’s actually a really good question. How did he answer it?

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Adam Gurri

Everyone’s got their one that they wish he would make the priority over all the others! Personally I’m more excited to see how the Crypt plays out, as well as the Nocturnal series.

Profile photo of Gmork

Nocturnal was a kick ass story. And poor FDO with the Mt Fitzroy questions. I vividly remember the same questions during The Rookie tour…and the Contagious tour….and the Infected tour…lol. At least we have something to look forward to!
    ———–

…but he might be the best one to download Scott’s brainwaves into another.

Ooh, hang on. the FDO should get cloned then it’s no problem. He could be around forever!

As each Sigler ages, he can be replaced by a clone with the brainwaves intact!

————————————————————————————————–

I also find it funny that the very last question was the obligatory “WHEN WE GETTIN MT. FITZROY?!?” question that he gets wherever he goes.

Profile photo of Gmork

I was at the signing last night too and AdamGurri’s spot on about the girl asking the Nocturnal question. She sounded like she was going to take down the FDO if he didn;t promise furture answers on the Nocturnal storyline! Tongue out

———–

Thought I guess a mad scientist could stitch it back together again?

Yes, that’s a thought!

I think that the FDO has struck a deal with J.C. Hutchinssss to have his brainwaves implanted in someone else in the event of his death!

The clones may be gone but the technology still is out there.

J.C. Hutchinsss pulling out of podcasting? Nah, he’s transcribing notes for future Sigler novels1

Kilroy 2.0 is EVERYWHERE!

————————————————————————————————–

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

Preserving the FDO’s head in a jar or something and he’ll just dictate the remaining books to “A”

There’s no way that the FDO is going to let a little something like death stop him from total world domination.

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

OK I was at last night’s Ancestor signing and a girl after my own heart demanded answers about Nocturnal during the Q and A. You said that you have the whole arc figured out in your mind, two more books and the possibility of a prequel in the remote/distant future.

My question is this: what happens in the event of your demise?

Do you have a vault somewhere with all the info about all of your storylines with a big note stating “to be opened only in the event that I am struck by a meteor”?

All I’m saying is please look both ways when crossing the street man, you absolutely are forbidden to die before finishing this series!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.