This topic contains 19 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Joseph Cartwright Joseph Cartwright 5 years, 8 months ago.

I think its about time the FDO…

it might be time to watch these movies. the more I hear the better they sound.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (3000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Yeah, the ’28’ movies are probably my favorite Zombie flicks. They were also a rare case where the sequel may have superceded the original in quality. That almost never happens.

Please help to ensure that Dollhouse gets a full first season!! You can buy it on iTunes, watch it on Hulu, or watch it Friday nights 9/8C on Fox. Let’s make sure Joss doesn’t get fucked by Fox *again*

I believe people have forgotten about Marie Latrielle and who she is and where she came from.  Since I looked her up on google, and knowing what I know about who she was married to, I am convinced that the nocturnals are a scientific concept gone awry!  Indeed, it may be very similar to what happened in Ancestor!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Is a good example of "Science Zombies" They werent even zombies so much as just "Infected" (hehe) They could die like normal humans, I.E. be killed in ways other than a shot to the head, they could run, do to not having suffered the effects of riggormortice (probably spelled incorrectly), and the infection itself started as a transgenic virus, which Sigler has covered before. So i think it could work if he really wanted it to. Again just an idea though.

"When i say your dumb name, please step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

she was on SG1, always thought she was good and hot as well. a strong woman, what can i say.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (3000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

…seasons over and with an exellent cliffhanger to.  But the Sci-Fi website let’s you watch full episodes.  I wasn’t familiar with Amanda Tapping prior to the show so I didn’t realize she was affecting the British accent.  It was quite believable.

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

amanda tapping with an accent was interesting.

i like the premise but didn’t really keep up with it. Is the show still running? 

The Sci-Fi Channel was running a new series this year entitled "Sanctuary" and they had a storyline in one of the episodes revealing that Nicola Tesla was a vampire as a result of science.  Here’s the link to the show on Sci-Fi’s website: Sanctuary

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

…if they really want to. That’s what being a creative mastermind lets you do. Look at 28 days/weeks later.

I just don’t think Scott’s interests lie along these lines. So far I’ve enjoyed his originality, so I’d find it pretty disappointing if he started falling back onto the ‘staples’ of the genre.

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

Nocturnal definitely struck me as a supernatural concept justified with science, not a scientific concept gone awry as most of the others have been. I think that may be why Ancestor remains my favorite thus far. I still see stories about chimeras in the news.

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

In the book, I Am Legend, the one that inspired the movie.  They ARE vampires, not zombies…

The Platypus is a Semi-Aquatic Mammal

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’  

- Ronald Reagan

Science has been done to death, but hang on, Are there any movies that have science being the reason for Vampires!  I could have found a hole in the Movie Market?

Couldn’t we argue that those weren’t zombies? Then again we could just say that it’s just a movie and any discussion is ultimately pointless.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

I stand corrected! I had been thinking more along the lines of voodoo zombies.

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

I AM LEGEND. Look how good that turned out.

all ready been done (pardon the pun) to death.

several times in fact…

case in point…

Resident Evil

Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelle

The Zombie Chronicles, a Podio Book by James Melzer

The Platypus is a Semi-Aquatic Mammal

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’  

- Ronald Reagan

There could be a person out there trying to bring back the dead, however when he cracks it the shit hits the fan as they come back as flesh eating super humans! 

Never say never??

I’m torn between wanting to read a Scott Sigler zombie tale, and not wanting to see yet another zombie story on the shelves. I’d like to add that I enjoyed World War Z. 

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

Sorry if I’m speaking out of line for you FDO. FDO has said before that he doesnt do supernatural type stories. He likes to keep them grounded in science. But then again I’m just spouting off. The FDO may have something in mind….when In doubt just look at my tagline! :)

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

Did a full on Zombie novel! A Siglerstyle (i may trademark that one, lol) zombie work could be absolutely amazing. Even King did one. (It kind of sucked but whatever) Any thoughts?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.