This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Rich Evanko Rich Evanko 4 years, 7 months ago.

I got a proof copy on ebay!

According to FDO it’s an advanced readers copy. He said it’s not supposed to be sold but enjoy it anyway.

what a fool, cuz now they have no reason to be IN the Sigler Ascension and the plaid tanks can roll on over them with impunity.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

Can you clarify for us what you bought? Was it an astual proof / draft copy, or an advanced readers copy?

**All this plan is missing is a giant freaking laser in space.”**

I just assumed he was talking about an ARC but maybe he is talking about one of the early copies of the draft. Not sure about that. If it isn’t an ARC then that would mean someone needs to be taken out by GIrlCo! But yes, If you go to ebay, type in ARC, and then click on books as a category you’ll get hundreds of pages of ARCs for sale. I guess we need clarification on the ARC vs draft.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

I didn’t know that. I guess that begs the question, did SurferD get an advance copy or a proof? Or maybe I’m confusing a draft with a proof and have blown this whole thing out of proportion.

Crown or whoever the publishing company is always sends out advanced readers copies to get early reviews (on many books). They are not supposed to be sold but they always are. There is really nothing that can be done about it. You can go to ebay and do a search for advanced readers copies and find a ton of them on there.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

Hmm, well the seller didn’t say anything like that. I will let Scott know.

there shouldn’t BE any proof copies of Ancestor floating around out there. Seriously, I believe you need to contact Scott or A asap & let them know about this and who the seller is. As one of the consultants for this book, I can say that Scott requested that we delete or destroy any copies we worked with specifically to prevent something like this from happening.

I saw it and won! I figured a junkie should get it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.