This topic contains 54 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Beth_Ailis Beth_Ailis 3 years, 1 month ago.

how many writers are there out there?

• Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

I know it’s a little late, but I hope they are still gathering videos and stuff to help fill the hours of the virtual TuacaCon, Saturday 11/12

“If you are a writer, musician, or comedian that has the ability to do webcam work (or prerecorded video, in certain cases), please comment here or an email to pgholyfield at specficmedia.com.”

Hope to hear some Junkies get a little airtime during the festivities.
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Stefani Robinson

is anyone as freaked out as I am that we have less than 3 weeks to launch day 2011? I haven’t given a second’s consideration to what to write this year!

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

I am planning on getting the prologue of the horror novel I’m writing up there soon as well….rewriting technically since I wrote the first copy a few years back. And for now I think I’ve decided on Infected, but knowing how I change my mind I am not willing to place bets on it yet lol.

And just for your convenience, a link to both of my writing samples from GR. http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/5708293

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

Profile photo of GJ

It’s good to know someone is actually listening. I haven’t got much feedback so far. So I meant it.

I haven’t pulled it ….. not yet, allthough I may have to as I’ve missed a part of the story and need to go back and fill in the gap. I’ve written 4 more chapters too. I just haven’t had chance to record it yet.

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of GJ

I can’t wait to see which FanFiction story you decide on.

Profile photo of GJ

Well a few months ago I could have directed you to a preview of my novel, but since I’m reworking it I took it down lol. I do have a short story on my Goodreads account, same name as here. Its far from my normal style of gloom and doom but it was for a college challenge and I thought it was pretty good. But trust me, as soon as I have time I am planning on a story for Tuesday Terror. I just need to decide Infected or Ancestor…or maybe Nocturnal. Oh damn, I dunno.

Profile photo of Bradley Henry

…and I get to be a Tuesday Terror someday…*Crossing Fingers*…Combat Cook

Profile photo of GJ

6, 7 and possibly a little of 8…

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

and I’d like you to take a look, or listen. Dig around and see what’s on offer.

http://neilcolquhoun.com/

Stay Alive – Neil

Profile photo of Byron Metz

This here writing that recently took place would it happen to be chapter 6? I also should mention chapters 1-5 are great! the intro music is awesome.

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

Profile photo of GJ

It is still my proudest moment when I wrote a scene that made me feel a little sick to the stomach. I figure, if I can shock myself as the writer of it then it can’t be too terrible right lol.

Profile photo of athanas

last year the company I worked for for almost 10 years went out of business and I also had to move all around November, so I my head wasn’t really into it.

This year I’ve got an idea for a super hero story that I’m planning on writing. Going to try very, very hard to complete it this year.

Profile photo of athanas

That’s the important part.

and the words soon add up.

Keep at it, Rachel.

Stay Alive – Neil

Profile photo of Twainy

Brat! ;o) Well please do not remove it unless someone plans to share the mp3s with me. I am swamped and haven’t gotten back to a couple of the awesome creativenesses here … is this in a podcast on iTunes or somewhere so it can auto-download to one of my devices … so I can listen as I gut my office?

Profile photo of GJ

That means a lot :)

Profile photo of GJ

And it’s Surprised

Profile photo of Belladonna420

Why???

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]’s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

Profile photo of GJ

The feeling sorry for myself bit is beacuse of the girl flu. Allthough the work situation is always on my mind.

I’ll make it work somehow if I don’t get a job. I just need to get better in time for the letter on Thurdsday next week. I’m not sure if I can open it this time…

Profile photo of GJ

I haven’t really gone about this in the right way….

Feel sorry for those bastards if they don’t hire you for a job you’re perfect for!! They’ll be missing out on the Awesomeness that is GJ, and trust me, that is truely something no one should miss out on!

And even if you don’t get the job, you’ll be fine. When one door closes, others always open. And I know it won’t help you pay the bills, but you know you always have us! And we’ll help you get through this, no matter what happens! Kiss

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]’s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

I told her it hadn’t even gotten really scary yet!! She’s a wuss! Tongue out

Profile photo of GJ

Feeling sorry for myself.

Profile photo of GJ

Ever get as far as 5 or 6…. It’s getting darker from here……

found your story on my blog and started listening. She barely made it thru episode 3 before she got too scared and had to turn it off!! LOL!!

Profile photo of Avinjer

Then faster faster
    Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

Profile photo of GJ

Let a girl get better!!! Sealed

Profile photo of Avinjer

Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

Profile photo of Twainy

I only listened to one chapter cuz I am so sleepy … but I look forward to listening to the others. Great story, great voice, great accent, great presentation!!! I felt like I was listening to one of those Doctor Who stories that I love (prolly the accent)! I am sleepy and feel like I may be crabby so multiply my positive review by ten and that’s how I really feel. Sorry, and thank you Bella for sharing the link!!!

but you can listen to it here. Laughing

psst… It’s really good!!! Wink

Profile photo of Twainy

where is it then? Can anyone read it? Do we have to ask? *raises hand and waves it around like a flag* me me me … just askin’ …

WRITE FASTER! Tongue out

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of Andreas Kimming

I’ve been working on my book for a long time now but I’m a little stuck for the moment.

Profile photo of Kate Cheevers

But only the first time I’ve won. It was very exciting. That pesky old ‘life’ thing kept getting in the way the other five times. My daughter does the Young Writer’s Program. On her profile she put that her biggest inspiration was me. More specifically, she wrote: “My mom, because even though she keeps losing and losing she never stops trying”

Damn kids…. Laughing

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Two-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I’m so pleased to find some other Nano folks here. I’ve been participating for 3 years now, this will be my 4th this year. All successful. The novel I am working on is actually a rewrite of the first novella I wrote for Nano 3 years ago. And man is it taking it out of me, and can’t stop the new ideas from flowing in and taking over what I’m doing. These characters, they never listen to me I’m telling ya.

Profile photo of Jason Banks

I love writing, i have completed one NaNoWriMo novella, but since it was the first full thing i ever finished i put it away, deep deep down and hidden away for later in life when i am old and grey lol, though to help me out i started a blog trying to do a lot of different types of writing on there movies reviews of stuff and blurbs about stuff

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servant of The FDO

Profile photo of Scott "Big Fish" Pond

Fait accompli. my friend…. fait accompli…

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

scottepond.com

I’ve never had anything published or put out to the general public; but then I’ve never tried. It’s just something I really love to do. I have one completed NaNoWriMo novella; 5 scripts written during Script Frenzy; some poems, a few works in progress, and a million ideas just waiting to find the page.

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Two-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of GJ

just for fun last night

Profile photo of EDDY JONES

Two weeks later realise they suck and start something else. Maybe i need to get a little better and try out for something.

You’re out of luck. Cause this is me not giving a F**k

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of athanas

and one I need to finish up and then stew for a couple days before the re-write/edit process. Might be able to do that quicker than I anticipated next week.

Profile photo of athanas

I had two stories accepted for a small press anthology that eventually went belly-up (the anthology, not the publisher; as far as I know, Living Dead Press is still going strong). That was a serious bummer when the news came.

With this latest round of layoffs, I’m realizing that Corporate America isn’t something I want to do for the next 30 to 40 years, so I better get fucking serious about this writing thing if I want to find a way out.

Or become a manwhore. Either/or.

Profile photo of sadock

Thanks, Neil.

Prøducer øf Døøm, Høst øf Tuesday Terrør, Funky Name Brutha, Retired Gutter Brethren & Tangential Tyke

Profile photo of sadock

Prøducer øf Døøm, Høst øf Tuesday Terrør, Funky Name Brutha, Retired Gutter Brethren & Tangential Tyke

Right now I’m sort of half unpublished and half published. My fiction writing is currently unpublished though I have several finished works, I am trying the traditional publishing route right now but may just bite the bullet and put something out myself as an ebook to give it a test run. But my nonfiction freelance work is online and I do get paid for that, so I consider that published. And I have definately thought about writing up something for TT…just haven’t gotten to it between nonfiction paid work, my actual day job, and a novel rewrite.

…to dabble in the Siglerverse. Plus, you’ll get feedback from the Junkies, and support and guidance from Arioch.

Stay Alive – Neil

Profile photo of Twainy

Congratulations you two!!! Their talent & your hard work on the submissions. Good luck to all! Mr Sigler has inspired award winning (well currently deserving but soon to be winning) writers! I’ve liked all of the stories so far! Great job! I thought this post was gonna tell us TT was back!

Profile photo of sadock

….have their work reviewed/performed on Tuesday Terror.

Within the past week, TT got great news. The Parsec Award Committee honored two of our authors by selecting us as finalists for Best Speculative Fiction – Short Form in 2011. So if you see PDFD or ThMaggot hanging out, drop them a line and congratulate them!

Profile photo of Dave Fernandes

I’ve probably started writing 100+ stories, but never gotten through more than a few pages.

I have absolutely no desire to ever finish one, but starting them probably triggers some kind of reward system in the brain.

——————– Villa Nandes Photo Blog

Profile photo of jerry groff

i was just curious how junkies out there are writers themselves. either published ot unpublished, professional or just for fun. im working on a couple things. got a few ideas floating around in my noggin’…..dunno where its gonna go yet but we’ll see how far it goes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.