This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Twainy Twainy 2 years, 10 months ago.

How many people have heard of Robert McCammon. And what are your thoughts about his work?

Slacker here … I have Boys Life and Swan Song in a stack to read. Has anyone read them? I want to read them especially if others suggest them as good reads.

ya i would think so, but there has always got to be an exception to the rule.

Festina Lente (Make Haste Slowly)

Dark Knight Marine General

Jayguana

It was a new twist on an old tale.  I also liked the fact that sea water was just as harmful to the vampires as holy water since it was created by God.  Although, wouldn’t that fact hold true for ANY water????

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

He has works that you may find more worthy of your time. Try A Boys Life, The Wolfs Hour, and Swan Song (the last is one of my all time favorites).

I didn’t find They Thirst to be very scary either but the premise was very original if you ask me. The vampires where not out to just survive and drink blood.

Festina Lente (Make Haste Slowly)

Dark Knight Marine General

Jayguana

I heard it was supposed to be one of the scariest vampire books ever written.  I don’t agree!  I didn’t find it scary at all and it took me forever to get thru it.  It just never sparked for me.  I haven’t tried any of his other books because of this.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

How many people have heard of Robert McCammon. And what are your thoughts about his work? If this Topic is not cool to have on Scotts site pleases Delete the post. Otherwise lets here what you have to say about what you have read and what titles have you been able to get your hands on (as a few of them have been out of print for some time)? And I would love to hear from you to FDO!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.