This topic contains 34 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Arioch Morningstar Arioch Morningstar 3 years, 8 months ago.

How do you embed a photo or video into a post??

…..messed anything up. Thought I kept everything that was relevant, but it’s always wise to get things proofed by the reigning authority. Thanks again!

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

Also, if anyone has any other questions or trouble embedding pics from Photobucket, feel free to PM me.

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

If not, please ping me at arioch@scottsigler.com and I’ll revise it again.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

You should probably add the link to my post in your comment above cuz those instructions won’t work without some of the info in my original post on that page.

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

Check it.

instructions that Athanas is talking about.

probably destroy this site. Not to mention that things load slow now cant imagine what it would be like with videos everywhere.
    [flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

a step by step walkthrough. We’re trying to get this stuff down but booze and old age are taking there affects on us simple folks sadock.

Jay…I’ve managed to spell Flickr incorrectly throughout that post. You might need to patch it up. :)

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

…the Input Format information wasn’t very helpful for me. It just says ‘Insert Flickr images’, then (to my techno-impaired brain) a whole pile of letters and numbers. I had no idea what the numbers meant or where they came from.

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

Pulsar is our web guru and he monitors that section fairly regularly. I have no clue how to do photobucket pics the way we do flickr pics, or if it’s even possible. It would be nice, since I’ve maxxed out my Flickr account. You can’t have more than 200 images up at once with the free account. I’m pondering my navel over whether I should delete some pics or go Pro Undecided

———————————————————-

but I have a photobucket account and not all images link back to flikr…flicArrrr…fli…however the fuq you spell that. ;-)

I was thinking this could be updated to include photobucket, potential youtube links, and all other forms of media that can be shown instead of just posting a link.

If you’re older than dirt, what am I?

———————————————————-

Not 100% positive, but I think it’s admin only.

———————————————————-

All you have to do is click Input Format and it will expand. There’s the Flickr input info and some other stuff in there as well.

———————————————————-

I always forget how to post pics and end up just having to search for Bella’s instructions from a thread from the past.

maybe video is a no-no for junkies.

I’ve been trying different things but I still can’t get it to work. I even tried reusing the code from one of the FDO’s vids, but STILL couldn’t get it to work right!

right idea but Im still doing something wrong.

How’d you do it here?

thanks Smile

Coolwhut?

I’ve been around since dirt was new. I know me a few things or two. ;)

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Thrice Over!

it opened a drop down menu. Thanks for the info.

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Just under the comment box and below the disable rich-text link you will see a drop down link that reads “Input format” it has the information for including flickr pics in your post as well as a few other little tidbits. If you want to go a step farther you can click the More Information about formatting options link also. :)

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Thrice Over!

i’ll prolly double post again…

[flickr-photo:id=4895272328,size=m]

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Upload a photo to Flikr and click on it. Your address bar should look something like this: http:// www. flickr. com/photos/ 51324041 @N05 /55555555555/

Then, to post it to ss.com, put this into your comment box: [flickr- photo:id =1111111111, size=m] <<<Please note, I’ve added spaces to stop it turning into a picture. There should be NO spaces between any of the words/numbers/symbols.

Take the last number sequence in the Flikr address bar (in this case, the 5555555555) and insert it where the 1111111111 is in my example. Now you should have eg. [flickr- photo:id =5555555555, size=m] (with no spaces). You can press ‘Preview Comment’ before posting to see if your picture worked.

Hope that helps.

Im starting this topic so idiots like me will have the ability to find this and not have to ask every 4 months how to do this. I will put the best and simplest description into the body of this topic.

And here it is, Thanks to that super sexy Aussie del_detriment.

Upload a photo to Flickr and click on it. Your address bar should look something like this: http:// www. flickr. com/photos/ 51324041 @N05 /55555555555//
    Then, to post it to ss.com, put this into your comment box: [flickr- photo:id =1111111111, size=m] <<<Please note, I’ve added spaces to stop it turning into a picture. There should be NO spaces between any of the words/numbers/symbols.
    Take the last number sequence in the Flickr address bar (in this case, the 5555555555) and insert it where the 1111111111 is in my example. Now you should have eg. [flickr- photo:id =5555555555, size=m] (with no spaces). You can press ‘Preview Comment’ before posting to see if your picture worked.
    Photobucket recently updated their site and now you can copy the code for a clickable thumbnail that will link back to the original pic, so you no longer have to worry about resizing it before posting it here.

From your Photobucket album, hover over the picture you want to post and click Share. Then click the tab that says Get link code. Under HTML for websites & blogs, you’ll see the code for the clickable thumbnail. Copy the code then follow steps 2-4 mentioned in my Photo help post from above.
    If you are viewing an individual picture, when you hover over it some options will appear along the top of the pic. Under Share, click More options. Then click the tab that says Get link code and follow the remaining steps mentioned above.
    I know this seems like a lot of work, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll find it only takes a few seconds. I prefer to use this method of posting because Flickr limits the number of pics you can upload to their site without having to pay for more space and I quickly reached that limit. So now I use Photobucket for pretty much everything.

ARIOCH’S EDIT (per Bella’s advice.) Thanks to the lovely Belladonna420 for being our Photobucket guru.

OK, as you can see, TwitPic will only allow you to post a thumbnail of the pic. If you want to post the entire pic, you should use Photobucket or Flickr. These instructions will work for TwitPic and Photobucket ONLY.

1. In the bottom right hand corner of your TwitPic page, you’ll see a link that says “Put this photo on your website”. When you click on it, it’ll will give you the HTML code to copy. (On Photobucket, just find the HTML code for your pic and copy it.)
    2. Directly under the comment boxes on scottsigler.com, you will see a link that says “Disable rich-text”. Click this, then paste the HTML code into the comment box.
    3. After you copy the code into the comment box, click the link that now says “Enable rich-text”. You should now be able to see the pic in the comment box.
    4. Click “Post” and that’s all there is to it!

Updated Photobucktet Instructions:

1. Photobucket recently updated their site and now you can copy the code for a clickable thumbnail that will link back to the original pic, so you no longer have to worry about resizing it before posting it here.
    2. From your Photobucket album, hover over the picture you want to post and click Share. Then click the tab that says Get link code. Under HTML for websites & blogs, you’ll see the code for the clickable thumbnail. Copy the code then follow steps 2-4 mentioned in my Photo help post from above.
    3. If you are viewing an individual picture, when you hover over it some options will appear along the top of the pic. Under Share, click More options. Then click the tab that says Get link code and follow the remaining steps mentioned above.

I know this seems like a lot of work, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll find it only takes a few seconds. I prefer to use this method of posting because Flickr limits the number of pics you can upload to their site without having to pay for more space and I quickly reached that limit. So now I use Photobucket for pretty much everything.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.