This topic contains 43 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Rodger Cooley Rodger Cooley 6 years, 6 months ago.

Houston Book Signing

Yeah, not a bad idea. Think i’ll go out and get a few more copies myself.

The jerseys will be there for a while.

But I’m being crushed under all the copies of Infected that I bought…  Well that and all the alcomohol I drank in H-Town…

But someday!!!! 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

I loved y’alls Kraken Jerseys at the Houston signing… Mumo, Wallerdad.  I want to get one now.  How do the sizes run, and what sizes do y’all have?  I was sitting right behind you in the Triumph shirt – probably about the same size as you, too.

Thanks, and all hail our future dark overlord!

I was beginning to think the same thing….  Most likely the immense alpha waves extending from his bald cranium! 

I know you had a great time, what did your kids and wife think? are they becoming Junkies?
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

The appearance was everything i hoped it would be and more. I met the dreaded Treed and his wonderful family, Gatorrock, and several other junkies from all over the state(Republic). The FDO was great, of course, answering all questions, signing books, and photos. Being in the presence of the FDO was truly a spiritual experience and for any junkie who has the opportunity to go to a signing, GO!!

-it was the mere nearness of the FDO that kept you sober my friend, or the fact that your brain was still frozen and hadn’t defrosted enough for acohol to effect you.
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

I was awesome taking the FDO back to his hotel!  Lots more questions and answers… then, afterwards, we stopped at another bar and had about 4 shots and a beer or two…  Mumo slept in the car on the way back….  it was above and beyond all expectations…  Treed is right… Pictures will be forthcoming.  Really sad part, I really don’t feel all that drunk!  Maybe this texas is really piss water…  Low alcohol content and all that… 

-sold out 60 books and could have sold at least a dozen more (I bought my book #4 there)
    Silger was GREAT. he read the first chapter of infected, WOW. Terrific to see him in action. Afterwards, The REAL fun began. I cannot remember all the questions, but all were good and well thought out (except the one about his womens’ voices, j/k, sigler had a good response to it, though) he was most gracious and had good words for everyone (but he seemed to gag when mumoo0 got his book signed) it was fun. (i almost told him to stand up, but i realized he was) then, most of us went to Two Row’s, a microbrewery. (Jam, you are gonna have one hell of a hangover) i got sigler to sign my other three books and got pictures of him with my kids and with me. Jam took TONS of pictures, he’s gonna post then on flicker and give the link here. Others are gonna do the same. if you had a chance to go to one of these things, but didn’t come, YOU MISSED OUT! (loser) those who couldn’t make it, well, i shouldbe nice, but too bad, so sad. My family had a blast. okok, enough ramble. SILGER, you TOTALLY ROCK.

I am so incredibly jealous!!

Photographic evidence of the FDO himself!!  Wait a minute…I didn’t think pure evil showed up in photos!Tongue out

In all seriousness, looks like all y’all (plural for y’all) had a great time.  You’ll ahve to tell us how the pub crawl went too!

Just in….

372 people showed up and it was out of control!  They had to call the fire department and police to do crowd control.  Several people injured and arrested.  Scott, however, took a wrong turn and ended up in Katy.

Ok, in all seriousness, there WAS a huge crowd — standing room only! (and as one of the people standing, I can verify this personally).  It was a great time, the book store ran out of books and some fans weren’t able to get a copy.  But Scott WAS there and he was fabulous.  Unfortunately, my camera battery died, so I don’t have pictures to post, but lots of people had cameras (both still and video) so I’m sure there will be evidence soon!

-Beth/Des 

– Junkie since Earthcore

It was Awesome!!! Filled the place!!!! I’ll post a lot more,

but here is the quick three pics!

[flickr-photo:id=2405928507,size=-]

[flickr-photo:id=2405931037,size=-]

[flickr-photo:id=2405932341,size=-]

It’s a roudy bunch too!  Treed came with the family in tow…  The sniping has begun….   

We are on site…  small but cozy book store… about 20 chairs set up…  Only 5pm for a 6:30 signing and it’s already starting to fill up.  Mumo is at about a .072  but the night is yet young…  No FDO sightings yet…  I wanted to hold a contest to see who came the furthest, but Wallerdad just chuckled.  Mumo is in the can… wonder why…

Wallerdad, Mumo00 and SynapticJam  are  The 3.  Where will they go? What will they do? Who will they meet? 
    love sharing your visit and I will tune in for further adventures.

I have to work , but I will enjoy the reporting, when I get home .yea!*I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

Thanks for the love in my general direction.
    Give the FDO my best wishes.  You didn’t fly Frontier did ya?  They went belly up this morning.
    Tastes Like Chicken

Team #1 is Mobile

SynapticJam

Wallerdad

Mumo00

ETA 1 hour to AO

Sitrep upon arrival 

ok,ok, this is mumo, i’ve stolen shitmonkey’s login, he did the same

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

wallerdad was right I am fat like an Orca,  jeesh this picture is very embarassing.

will do Gmork, my great brother mumo drinks a beer in your honor, i wish i could be like mumo instead of the jackass that i am 

these pictures rock~

I’m green with envy that y’all (see that good use of tx slang!) are going to meet the FDO.  Please give the FDO a salute from me.  Dang, I’m jealous!!

Fuck your thawed out ass.
    We currently are enjoying a thunderstorm – not just a thunderstorm ’cause that would be a blessing that would wash away the grungy nasty snow that clings to our lives and streets.
    Noooo, we’re having an ice/snow/sleet/hail/winter storm from the depths of hell thunderstorm.
    Enjoy the Dark Overlord’s divine presence tomorrow.  I’m not really sitting here hoping you all choke on your lovely Tejas lager.
    Tastes Like Chicken

Excellent Tex-Mex! Where else? but in Texas! Had a stuffed Avacado dish… It was awesome.

Back to the house to watch some UFC and drink!

[flickr-photo:id=2403809621,size=-]

Wallerdad staying Strong

[flickr-photo:id=2403819603,size=-]

SynapticJam in H-town drinking a Shiner Bock!

Shiner Bock is a true Texas Lager! 

-(stealing internet connection, eh??)

And get lotsa pic’s too

Now we Junkies who can’t go don’t feel so left out, this is great!!! a virtual book signing  and pub crawl. You guys be good, but in a bad way, that the Overlord would sanction. and have fun!!!  For all of us Junkies.

I’m sure I’ll be gone just as it starts to rise.  Wait a minute!  I’m on mumo’s account… oops.. sorry

Hope you left your winter jacket at home, you won’t need it here don’t cha know.

The Stink will come, he took his shower a few weeks early this month because you were coming to stay with us.  The stink comes back fast and furious 

He must have showered too! No stink!

[flickr-photo:id=2403114783,size=-]

The airport in Minneapolis was Horrendous!  Busy!!!  Took forever! 

[flickr-photo:id=2402971833,size=-]

Now! I’m at a Walgreens on TX249!  Making poor Mumo wait for me while I type this!

[flickr-photo:id=2403803064,size=-]

TOMORROW!!!! 

The FDO will be here tomorrow.  Junkies are coming into H-town from all over the world, well at least from Minnesota and San Antonio.

-but when i do, i just get silly

how you added the (bet not) as an edit….  hehehehe… Plus, you’ll have kids with too.  Well, from what I understand, the first place or two might be at least somewhat family friendly…  Wish there was a way we could drag you through the whole thing, get you plastered, and then quiz you on simple math…. 

-FRIDAY just moved one day CLOSER!!!!!!!!!!
    Am wondering if wife will wanna do the pub crawl?? (bet not)

Work commitments are keeping me away from Houston.  I’ll be in Arizona…grrr….I need the FDO to come to the Philly/DC area, dammit. 

Sigler — How can you affect a true world domination if you’re not even crushing our nation’s capitol on your book tour!?!

i’ll be there

The Frozen Chosen of Siglerdom is decending to the depths of Hades (i.e. Houston) to hobnob with the southern junkies….  Just me, myself, and I…  Worth three because I’m just that damn impressive! 

-especially in mumo00’s case (the SWAT teams are on stand by for him)

-plus my family (wife son and daughter)

Only a few more days until I meet the Overlord himself!  I’m psyched!  Who else will be at the Houston signing? 

-Des

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.