This topic contains 27 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Belladonna420 Belladonna420 4 years ago.

Holy shit…what can I say?

Come back to us!!!

And Anonymous Junkie Benefactors RAWK!!!

I think this particular community is loaded with a more mature audience. Certainly, we’re all a little immature at heart, but we’re all real people who have seen a lot of – and are going through – all kinds of shit. This place rocks, and I feel bad that I’ve slipped off participating recently. Hopefully that’ll change soon. But I had to stop in and say what a wonderful gesture of good will and kindness this was. Good karma on the responsible junkie(s) and congratulations to you, too, Del!

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

It’s good to know that people are looking out for you when you need it. Those unexpected pick-me-ups are always helpful.

And it couldn’t have happened to a more deserving woman. Kudos to the junkies who got you the books and to you for being such an amazing person!

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I can confirm that:

1) The anonoymous gift-givers are indeed mighty and awesome people who make you feel better about yourself just because you know them. (All of you reading can start feeling better about yourself any time you like.)

2) Del was indeed suprised, which was a part of the original request.

3) Del, regardless of how new you are, you’re clearly a Junkie, and by your math, a “good bloke.” Maybe you shouldn’t be so surprised afterall!

4) The FDO™ might have a crack or two in his evil facade if all this Junkie love keeps up.

5) I love my job. Dark Øverlord Media is not for the weak of heart or lazy, but it rewarding beyond measure thanks to you people.

6) I love the phrase “you people.”

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dark Øverlord Media: we løve cøllateral damage.

just sayin….

Wolfpack quarterback…..Richno3…….out

There are always exceptions to every rule, Shady… I don’t know about you, but I kind of like being exception-al…

BTW: I’ve heard someone is bringing a donkey to donate to the S&N Thread… guess there’s gonna be some hay rides later or something. ;-)

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

Wolfpack quarterback…..Richno3…….out

And whoever sent you the books has totally gotten some big karma points. this is a great community and I love you guys!

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

But everyone is right It couldn’t have happened to a nicer Junkie! You speak from the heart.. you never hold back… you always have god words to pick people up. You are worth it! Enjoy and cherish them as they represent what good people feel about you.

The Rookie and The Starter. A photo of Scott’s dedication is at the bottom of this page…made me cry, as well! Cry and cry and cry, actually. Then the comments on this thread when I woke up, set me off again! I love you guys. :)

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

My best friend died suddenly last year. All I had left for comfort and support was my boyfriend, who I split up with shortly after discovering this community. A lot of shit has gone down since then and I can honestly say that without my online friends to keep me laughing through it all, things could have gone downhill very quickly.

And for anyone out there who may be reading my ramblings and thinking “Jeez, woman. Settle down. It’s just a book!”…while I admit I’m SUPER-excited about being able to read the books, that’s not why I’m on here gushing. It’s the fact that someone (I still don’t know who) somehow recognised that I was in a bad place and chose to do something about it. And the fact that, despite chatting on these forums regularly, I’ve only been here for a few months and am basically a complete stranger. That someone would do something so kind for someone they barely know, just blows my mind.

You guys rock my world. xxx

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

but your post made me teary so it must have been very special. Good for you Del.it

xx

Yes, I’ll be keeping my copy well away from Richno…and the swimming pool! :)

In the time I’ve been here, I’ve never once witnessed name-calling, harrassment, racism/sexism, or any other blatant form of disrespect or discrimination. I’ve seen people share highly personal stories of illness, depression, death, unemployment, relationship breakdown, etc and every time, those stories have been met with genuine compassion and support from the junkie community.

Ok, so you, personally, didn’t make these people the wonderful people that they are. BUT…it seems more than a coincidence that so many wonderful people are attracted to your stories and choose to hang around your website. I don’t know what it is you’re doing, but you must be doing it right. THANK YOU for creating this awesome community and for introducing me to it (which, in itself, was the result of YOU putting in the hard yards, travelling a million miles to indulge existing fans and promote your work to new ones). You’re not only a brilliant author, but you’re also a genuinely “good bloke”. And like attracts like. :)

To a cooler person. *BIG sock covered hug!*

Drop your socks and grab your… Copy of Ancestor! Owner of the Isis Ice Storm [flickr-photo:id=4779220092,size=m] Puller of strings

I’m all verklempt! Junkies rock!
    ———–
    Gmork – Wiki Czar and Thwackacutioner

help a person along a tough patch! Congrats Del and good job Junkies!

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue

Who every you are junkie you are one of the selfless ones. Could not have happened to a nicer junkie. Del you can use your bubble wrap dress to protect it from richno3.

The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

To see the Junkies taking care of each other, and to read Del’s gratitude, that shit is humbling, yo. A lot of cool things have happened since I started doing this five years ago, but watching some of the connections that would have never happened if it weren’t for the podcast and this site? Well, it’s something that helps make all the ass-busting hard work worth the time.

I really have no idea what you classy people are doing slumming around with a scrub like me, but it rocks.

I’m glad it happened to you. You deserve it!!

Now have a beer for me dammit!!! Tongue out

Just goes to show you how great Junkie Love is, eh?

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

You’re the recipient of the gift…you don’t get to be in the know til it hits you in the face!

Those who know me, fear me. Those who do not, will come to learn to. Those who cannot, will DIE.

It was a truly wonderful surprise. I’m still in shock.

That’s really awesome. Just wish I had been able to be a part of it…was not “in the know”

Those who know me, fear me. Those who do not, will come to learn to. Those who cannot, will DIE.

[flickr-photo:id=4978302161,size=m]

This post is not gonna make any sense to a lot of you (sorry about that), but the people who matter will know what I’m talking about.

I got the most AMAZING surprise when I went to check my mail today. I don’t know who was responsible for it, or what the hell I did to deserve it, but it totally blew me away. I’ve been crying ever since! I just can’t believe you would do something like that. I don’t know what else to say, except….YOU GUYS ARE F**KING BRILLIANT!!!

Things have been really tough for me these past 6-12 months and I’ve spent a lot of time feeling like shit about myself and the world around me. Cheesy as this might sound, your kindness has restored my faith in people and made my world a much, much brighter place. I’m so blessed to have you guys in my life and I just can’t thank you enough.

*cries again*

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.