This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Beth_Ailis Beth_Ailis 4 years, 7 months ago.

Hey Scott did you play football?

FDO in the singlet? Those wacky ear protectors? Share, please.

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616]

The guys in that class are really fast. Hmm how about a comeback in UFC?

You could wear a mask and have a cool name like “Asesino Del Impuro “

I always have respect for guys who wrestled. My high school had a horrible program due to having a coach that pushed us to obscene levels; we never had a team in the double digits and the smallest roster we had was 6 one year. (we never gassed during a match because of it. the funny thing, though, is the dude looked a lot like you).
    I wrestled 215 and Heavyweight for 8 years (depending on what was needed for the match) and did another 2 years of judo and submission wrestling after I graduated.

Wrestlers and goal tenders, we’re all crazy mofos. ;-)

the trick to staying sane is to just out-crazy the world

Wrestled at 126 in high school, and 126 and 135 at Olivet College. Good times!

Scott, your dad sounds really cool and has great stories. We need more “real men” like that in our politically correct universe. So how did the 126 pound powerhouse do?

I kinda thought so. What postition? I WAS a middle linebacker and occasional fullback. I hafta grab that interview. I had no idea your dad was a coach. On another note I was stoked when you mentioned my name in a Title Fight episode. Thanks.

my respect for you has just doubled, if such a thing is possible.

SurferD, I played four years in high school. Was way to small to play in college (I wrestled in college at 126, so linebacker blitzes weren’t in my future).

I’ve been a fan of the game for 35+ years. The big source of knowledge is my coach and dad, Irv Sigler, who won two Michigan state championships.

If you want to hear “Old Coach Sigler” talk about football, just listen in to the Father’s Day episode I did with him:

http://www.scottsigler.com/node/2976

You have a really good grasp of the game and strategies. As a former player I appreciate your realism.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.