This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Arioch Morningstar Arioch Morningstar 3 years, 4 months ago.

Help, backmybook.com won't let me buy The Starter ebook

I want to buy The Starter ebook. The site won’t let me. It wants a account and password. And this is NOT my login, I tried that. It doesn’t work. I’m also sending this comment to Scott, since the last time it wouldn’t let me comment!

Dude (or Dudette), this is a bullshit shopping experience for you all around. Sorry! We’re fixing it. We expect BackMyBook.com to be BackInBusiness very soon and you should be all set.

Any log-in you make there is not related to your login here. They are two seperate sites.

We are selling all products DRM-free, because DRM is for suckas (that’s the more “street” version of the DRM explanation given by Cory Doctorow, but it still fits). Because the products are DRM-free, BackMyBook.com requires a login for some things.

If this is unacceptable to you, email me scott@scottsigler.net and we’ll get you hooked up.

Again, we’re a small business and we’re having some issues launching this new service, so if you can be patient we are grateful.

…..is how does one get a username and password? There doesn’t seem to be any way to do so.

I can’t say I understand the need for a username and password, but I also don’t see any harm in it. Making up a throwaway password isn’t all that difficult. If BackMyBook.com wants to be silly, it’s no skin off my back.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

All is good on saturday morning. The web site works now. I was able to purchase The Starter. Peace has returned to the planet. Now I will check my email and start reading. Thanks to all.

Thanks for your patience. Enjoy!

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

You only saw the username/password window because the site was locked down for the fixes. No username or password are required for purchase, just an email address for delivery.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dark Øverlord Media: we løve cøllateral damage.

The more power the Orangeslaught displays, the more imminent the FDO’s reign is.

———————————————————-

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.