This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar Arioch Morningstar 3 years, 11 months ago.

Help, backmybook.com won't let me buy The Starter ebook

• Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

The more power the Orangeslaught displays, the more imminent the FDO’s reign is.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
Profile photo of A Kovacs

You only saw the username/password window because the site was locked down for the fixes. No username or password are required for purchase, just an email address for delivery.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dark Øverlord Media: we løve cøllateral damage.

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

Thanks for your patience. Enjoy!

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
  • Profile photo of bmackela

All is good on saturday morning. The web site works now. I was able to purchase The Starter. Peace has returned to the planet. Now I will check my email and start reading. Thanks to all.

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

…..is how does one get a username and password? There doesn’t seem to be any way to do so.

I can’t say I understand the need for a username and password, but I also don’t see any harm in it. Making up a throwaway password isn’t all that difficult. If BackMyBook.com wants to be silly, it’s no skin off my back.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of

Dude (or Dudette), this is a bullshit shopping experience for you all around. Sorry! We’re fixing it. We expect BackMyBook.com to be BackInBusiness very soon and you should be all set.

Any log-in you make there is not related to your login here. They are two seperate sites.

We are selling all products DRM-free, because DRM is for suckas (that’s the more “street” version of the DRM explanation given by Cory Doctorow, but it still fits). Because the products are DRM-free, BackMyBook.com requires a login for some things.

If this is unacceptable to you, email me scott@scottsigler.net and we’ll get you hooked up.

Again, we’re a small business and we’re having some issues launching this new service, so if you can be patient we are grateful.

Profile photo of bmackela

I want to buy The Starter ebook. The site won’t let me. It wants a account and password. And this is NOT my login, I tried that. It doesn’t work. I’m also sending this comment to Scott, since the last time it wouldn’t let me comment!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.