This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Parker Eric Parker 4 years, 8 months ago.

Has anyone read the iPublish (2001) edition of Earthcore?

• Profile photo of Eric Parker

HA! Love it!

Profile photo of Eric Parker

Earthcore was another surprise for me. I personally find Geology to be perhaps the most boring subject ever created. But add in some homocidal jellyfish and mechanical spider and we’re talking a good time!

Profile photo of BigJohn

I remember hearing him say that his first pass to a publisher or editor or something said that he needed to trim it down, and he ended up eliminating a bunch of scene with the merc out in the desert surreptitiously surveying the camp, or something like that. It was discussed somewhere, but I can’t remember where. :S

That’s cool if you ended up with one!

Gutter Sistren whipping boy

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

eBooks were around in 2001. Most were designed to be read on the computer.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

Profile photo of sadock

Weighs a little more than THE ROOKIE hardcover does.

I’m not sure, but I don’t think they were doing eBooks in 2001, were they?

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

ebook format?

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

Profile photo of sadock

I saw a couple on Amazon a little while ago and wasn’t sure if it was a legitimate printing, ARC, or what. It seemed quite odd. It was printed several years before the Dragon Moon edition and listed at 617 pages. That’s nearly twice as long as the edition from Dragon Moon. I’d never seen this printing so I decided to investigate.

[flickr-photo:id=4537383155,size=m]

I asked Scott about it and he told me “Yeah, it’s legit, but good luck finding one.” He said that there’s quite a bit more story in this edition. I can’t wait to read the expanded story arc. No idea if it got totally changed or what. I’m curious if anyone else has ever seen one of these IRL or for sale online.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.