This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chuck Brodeur Chuck Brodeur 6 years ago.

Gravity etc

• Profile photo of Chuck Brodeur

that you had it all covered, Scott.  I just didn’t find it on the GFL site or remember hearing anything besides temperature in the book.  Cool…  

Quyth tatoo artist

My blog: http://whatchuck.wordpress.com/

My music: http://www.myspace.com/chuckbrodeur

Profile photo of

that covers all of the bases

Profile photo of Barbara Jungbauer

If the FDO’s anything, he’s a hybrid.  Definitely a hybrid.

Or a robot.

Tastes Like Chicken

Profile photo of Pons Matal

You know with that oversized cranium and the exactness of his stats. I wonder if FDO may have a little inside knowledge of alien off world life? Hmm? Just a thought, not trying to imply that FDO might just be alien or even a hybrid human himself…….

“[No matter where you go, there you are] – And Sigler knows exactly where there is! ”

Profile photo of Steven Boyd

sigler you really thought this out

[gamertag:StevenBoyd666]

"They don’t want to help you, they want to kill you!"

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

effects of gravity and airpressure would be a major concern for consistancy of play

http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of

Earth specs are the baseline.

Gravity = 1.0 (9.80665 m/s)

Temperature = 68 degrees Fahrenheit, 20 degrees Celsius

Air pressure = 1 atmosphere (14.70 lbs per square inch)

GRAVITY:

Playing field gravity is measured by offical GFL scales and is based on a 350-pound weight, which is close to the average weight of a GFL player.

– Max weight: 1.06 standard gravity (where 350 pounds on Earth would be 372.4 pounds)

– Min weight: 0.91 sstandard gravity (where 350 pounds on Earth would be 317.4 pounds)

TEMPERATURE:

Due to the varying physiologies of GFL species, temperature must be closely monitored.

– Max temp: 78 degrees Fahrenheit

– Min temp: 58 degrees Fahrenheit

AIR PRESSURE:

This is strictly regulated due to potential effects on the dynamics of throwing the football. The league understands that an active passing game is often preferred by the majority of fans, and therefore, rules are in place to make sure air pressure will not overtly affect the throwing game:

– Max pressure: 1.10 of standards

– Min pressure: 0.83 of standard.

Profile photo of Chuck Brodeur

In The Rookie,  field conditions (turf) affect play but I don’t recall hearing anything about gravity or air density.  Normally, I would give it any thought but in Sigler’s case, he goes out of his way to think through a lot of the science.

Obviously, very small differences in gravity or air density would affect the game dramatically.  Perhaps the environment is controlled locally in football stadiums as it would be on a space ship.  In this case, I would assume it would be normalized to match Earth since that’s where football was born.

Any thoughts?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.