This topic contains 33 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of J.P. J.P. 5 years, 11 months ago.

"Galactic Football League" for fantasy football.

This is a LONG LONG post!

– “Hey, I’ll teach you to laugh at something funny!” -Homer Simpson (Angry and strangling Bart for laughing at him.)

is in first place in the Galatic football league????  Discuss????  Is Sigler proud?????  Disappointed?????

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

unexpected things happen the first week.  Not to say that the Panthers aren’t good.  Indy lost too.  I think the teams are still a bit rusty because they won’t play their starters in the pre-season.  By the way, I have two good QBs and several RBs I’m willing to trade for some WRs.

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

Where is all that smack talk now???  Huh????  Chillith Spider Bears are more like Teddy Bears.  You know I love you!!!!

Nate Dogg… The only signature I need is my fist.

OMG. They weren’t supposed to be this good this year.

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

a funny sense of humor.  In your dreams baby!!!!!

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

how can you say you missed it if he said you don’t know what you’re missing? (hehehehehehe)

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

Let the REAL season begin!

Ya’ll gonna be my Chillith Spider Bear Biatches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool Money mouth

Thanks for the info though

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

Enjoyed the chat during the draft.  Those who are playing for the first time did a nice job with your draft.  If you have questions or need help, just send me an email.  "Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

you guys don’t know what you are missing.

G-Man

Except, perhaps, those crickets in the Rookie.

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

I know I’m late to the game, but count me in…

"I drank what?!" — Socrates

I know I’m late to the game, but count me in…

"I drank what?!" — Socrates

pretty clever! A short joke coming from an entomologist!

huzzah!

WE ARE SHORT PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON FOLKS!

This will be fun!

Really!

We only have five teams right now. You could be number 6.

G-Man

NEED MORE PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get verified then PM me… Draft is listed above…

Really, you don’t have to know anything about football to play.  All you have to do is set your team each week and Yahoo even has advice for you on who to play each week.  You can always ask me if you have questions.  I promise I’ll tell you the truth.  My downfall is that I play fair and have been known to turn down trades that are offered to me if I think them to be unfairly to my advantage.  You’ll enjoy it!!!!! 

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -Scott Sigler

Come on, figure haldf of the people playing in the end will have never played Fantasy football before! 

Just let me know if you truly want to try!

(PS you don’t accept private messages…)

Wow Great Turn out already!  Keep them coming folks!

To clarify, this is NFL Fantasy football, but we are naming ourselves after teh rookie universe.

If you don’t NFL, no worries you can begin to learn.  Got to jump in at some point right?!

:)

I’m in. I love this time of year!

I would, but i have no idea how any of that stuff works. for that matter i don’t watch football so I honestly wouldnt understand the stats. IF you need someone to fill out the 12 though I will come in as Woo Wallcrawlers.

Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

G-Man

as the Ionath Krakens.  Yeah baby!!!!!!

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -Scott Sigler

Hi All from Jolly Old England!  (this is gonna be a LONG LONG post)

So it’s happened, I enjoy soccer,but it is not football. REAL AMERICAN FOOTBALL!

I got the twitch again and decided to make a Fantasy football league this year for all "The Rookie" fans like myself.  Now I talked to the FDO and he has approved of this league… thus I bring it to the masses.

A quick explination…Fantasy football is a game of selecting players in the NFL and collecting points on certain skills events they perform on the field.  Those points are added up and compared against one other player.  The one with the most points wins for that week.  After 13 weeks the top 8 players go into play offs until a single player wins it all.  For much better detail visit this ESPN page:

http://games-ak.espn.go.com/s/ff101/ff101.htm

(even good for us old fogies)

As our FDO is too busy preparing his next manifest for our groveling junkie needs, I will be the commish for this league.

This will be open to ALL OJ’s, and even the new junkies.  But it will be limted to 12 people to keep it fun.  Being that I’m 1 this leaves 11 more spots.   

So how do you join this league? Here are the rules to join.

1. You must have listened to The Rookie.  As the league will be about American football,  the basics of the game can be learned by this great book.  Yes there are finer details that help play the game, but you can learn as you go.  Plus plenty of websites out there.

2. The Fantasy League is call "The Galactic Football League", Thus all team names will be from the Rookie GFL teir 2 league that the Ionath Krakens were part of, plus the 2 playoff teams, The Texas Earthlings & The Chillith SpiderBears.  You must choose one of these team names!… Except Chillith Spiderbears as I chose this already.  You can also get their logos here:  http://www.galacticfootballleague.com/logos.cfm

3.  You must post here first , with your first name & your team name so people can see how many have joined.

4.  You then must private message me.  In that private message, include your name, your team name, and most importantly your email!  To private message me, click on my username and then you can choose to send a private message.  I do this to prevent spambots from seeing your email.  And I have to send you the invite to play at yahoo.  (if you don’t have a yahoo account already, you can sign up for one, as they are free).

You DO NOT Have to have previous experience in fantasy football to play.  Everyone will be kind, but expect trash talking as we junkies like to do.

If this is popular enough we can start a 2nd league too. 

For those who already understrand fantasy football and want to know, this will be a basic league with high points!  

There will be a live draft on Sunday August 31st at

4:15pm EST

1:15pm PST

9:15pm BST (That’s my time zone)

here’s the basic breakdown:

1 qb

2 rb

2 wr

1 te

1 w/t

1 w/r

1 k

1 team def

8 bench

Finer details can be found once you join to play!  And yes all rules and points are up for discussion, but must be set before Kickoff on Thursday Sept 4th.

Hope to see many of you soon!

Peace

Tom

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.