This topic contains 20 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Alex Miller Alex Miller 3 years, 8 months ago.

Full cast Audio Drama

Why would you ever try to mess up something that works? The almighty FDO knows what he is doing lawlz.

I love APC’s, so crunchy!!!

There’s simply too much quality content out there that’s free. I have no problem paying $$$ for content, but I want to decide what it’s worth. That’s why I love PB.com. You don’t have to pay up front. If it’s good, you give the author extra. If it’s crap, you haven’t paid a dime.

Then there’s the way Scott is doing it, which is with ad spots. To me, that’s probably the best compromise. It’s a triple win for all concerned. Sponsor gets business, customers save $$$, and Scott gets a kickback.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren and CBBC Tigress

Thats what I got out of one of the soapboxes that I listened to yesterday. He want to turn himself into a podcast production companny. I could be wrong I will listen again but yea that’s is what I heard.

oops…. I pooped

I was listening to the soapbox today and he was talking about starting to charge for episodes. I realize that a ton of work goes into producing this stuff but once it startes for free should it stay that way? Granted I will still pay for it because it’s good stuff( not as good as the FDO’s, of course) but there you go.

oops…. I pooped

I understand your junkie name perfectly now!

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

Haven’t been too concerned about it since I know Scott will be re-doing it when the new HC comes out, but I have no idea when that will actually happen.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

Double check the licensing on PB.com or ping/tweet him, but I’m betting he’d be cool with it. Only caveat would be not making $$$ off it.

———————————————————-

that doesn’t mean somebody else couldn’t volunteer for it. I’d love to re-do Infected and/or Earthcore with a full cast of voice actors. There are some killer amateur fan-casts like that too, so there is a precedent for it. All we would need is permission from the FDO himself.

*hint hint nudge nudge*

He outsourced all of the subsections to various podcasters. This included the postgame reports, the excerpts from history, etc. Pretty much anything that wasn’t part of the core story. It was probably 65-70% Scott, 30-35% other folks.

———————————————————-

….Chronicles a highly financed, large staff production? That may be incorrect, because I’m totally basing it on rumour/hearsay. Podcasters who have to do all the production themselves (Chris Lester, Philippa Ballentine, Tee Morris) have a much harder time).

———————————————————-

The podcast audiodrama ‘The Leviathian Chronicles’ is a perfect example. It’s an outstanding full cast audiodrama available everywhere your normal podcasts are, but the time between new episodes is weeks that sometimes stretch to months.

Adding more cast would definitely slow the feed of new content. Then you always have the added risk of someone in the cast having to leave (either due to legitimate reasons or for flaking on their responsibilities). Not to mention the recording quality inconsistencies sadock mentioned.

There were a few he didn’t do. The sportscasters in the espn post game round up were a few different people.

gothguy720.deviantart.com

As I recall, he did all the voices on The Rookie, in the Q&A that question was asked and he explained how he did it

….with other people increase production time. So would you rather have one episode a month (or every 6-8 weeks) which had a full cast with sound effects or have things stay the way they are? Look around and see how frequently (and regularly) quality podiodramas are produced. I agree that they sound marvelous, but I’d much rather have regular content.

———————————————————-

If not, go back and listen again. That cast was at least 8-12 different podcasters.

———————————————————-

listening to Edict Zero FIS, very well done, if they had thrown in some Nathan Lowell it would have been mind blowning…..I like Scott’s readings as well, just would like to hear one with a full cast. Thinking out loud, offer his reading for free, and the full cast for an fee…..

Is a great audio drama as well. It features some talented writers/voice actors like Phil Rossi and Jack Kincaid. It’s full of wonderful commentary as well as some incoherent babble from a few homeless men, but their performance is spectacular nevertheless.

On the other hand Sigler is a one man show. There used to be a ton of sound effects to add to the experience (i.e. Nocturnal, the rookie.) but since then its just been his voice. Don’t get me wrong I love the mans stories and the various voices he does, i just feel that the effects take the story to a whole different level

gothguy720.deviantart.com

REALLY? His female voices are the inspiration for my Junkie name!

It’s one of my favorite things about his podcasts!

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

I’ve been listening to 19 Nocturne Boulevard, and she has good quality shows. Have you every thought of teaming up to do a full cast audiodrama with one of your books, maybe Earthcore

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.