This topic contains 39 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of James Keeling James Keeling 6 years, 9 months ago.

Fuck…. Rex… SHIT!

• Profile photo of James Keeling

She wouldn’t be pushing a cart and feeding the livestock… She’d be in a back room gettin’ busy making more of her “children”…. She’s gonna need an army when the Ninja comes a-callin’.

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

Profile photo of Tara Kubba

That Marie is ‘The Queen’ that was referred to in the new promo. i reckon that the Queen may be a new character we haven’t met yet, but technically we haven’t ‘met’ Marie.
    *~*
    My thoughts this week: Waiting is an essential part of junkie life.
    I was a hamster with a bazooka in a past life. Don’t doubt me. I own 3 swords… Which I sharpen regularly, and I know how to use.

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

not stop calling me……………

* Murder at Avedon Hill – http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/
    * Numbers are the keys that unlock the universe…

Profile photo of Tom Bratchford

Here you all are lookingat Rex… but what about the babooshka bag lady with the enormous strength?

Say hello to MARIE!!!

I reserve my right to change my current opinion based on better or more information than is currently available to me.

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

You never know…. first born may keep him around as a shag toy….
    Signature begins here: Matthais, the Engaged Qyuth Warrior is currently feeling: Happy.

Profile photo of ogreoregon

What will Pookie do when he finds out? Does he know already? or will he find out from Maggie.

*** I am Renfield to Sigler’s Dracula ***

Profile photo of Richard Damge

that was uncalled for treed……thats wallerdads dept.

Profile photo of James Keeling

Nah…. I’m just jone’n for my fix… that’s all… Hopefully it will come out tomorrow.. that would make me happy… very happy…. very very happy…..

damn man, isn’t there a thread for that
    mumu00 and walerdads thread for instance

I would have thought he would feel an intense hatred for maries children instead of a screwed up empathy… Unless the saviors are actually maries children who turn against her… One Womb MotherFucker!

Profile photo of Anthony Matias

I think he is the new SAVIOR!!!!

I wrote him off as “destined to die” awhile back…

he’s not making it past the final chapter of the story
    no epilogue for him

Separate him from the herd and it’s light’s out for poor little rex… “Pretender to the throne” has a surprisingly short life span….

he is gonna be a real bad mutha-fukka

Profile photo of

He is just a kid, who knows what will happen as he grows?

Profile photo of Gmork

This brings up an interesting topic.

I’m not normally a fan of horror — books or cinema– but Sigler’s works were my first introduction to horror books. It was akin to a bloody train wreck where I just couldn’t look away….i just couldn’t stop listening to the stories develop. The experience was much like reading J.D. Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye. Yes, I realize I just compared Sigler’s work to an American classic, but prior to reading Catcher in the Rye I had never read something like it….it was really eye opening, that a book didn’t need to be formulaic. Similarly, I suppose I didn’t realize how much fun it could be to read about a subject that was so unnerving …so violent and, for lack of a better phrase, so fucked up!

At any rate, the short of it is that I am hooked. Believe it or not it was Sigler’s books that actually got me to branch out to Chuck Palahniuk books!

I am sure we will find out……he seems to have a “hands on” approach……
    this is such a great story, great characters.

OUCH !!!

*******CHICKEN SISSORS!!!!!*******
    ( I really had to say it! you left me no choice!)

i know why my wife does not care for horror or violent movies
    she hates loud noices for one thing, family of origin shit
    she’s a social worker for a hospice, she deals people at dealing with end of life issues, she has no need to see it played out in fiction
    but then, she doesn’t have the poison coursing through her viens, the poison the world calls, TESTOSTERONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (insert tim allen man noices here)

the voices have no comment to add at this time, thank you very much………

What’s wrong with them? They don’t get our sense of humor, you don’t like sigler… Natures truly most cruel joke… Why?!!!!

ok, now i am POSITIVE wifey wouldn’t like this story
    of course she doesn’t care for any type of horror (especially slasher type)

He is sadistic though, with the children there for him, does he really need to be physicaly strong?
    Signature begins here: Matthais, the Musical Qyuth Warrior sings-
    “We above the law, Feds can’t touch me y’all, Highly ranked black blank I.D. card” Pm me if you know where this is from, and I’ll give you a virtual cookie

Profile photo of Donald Martin

Yeah, but Rex is a weak little puss…
    By the time someone is 13-14 years old you can tell if he is gonna be tough or a wimp.

Wallerdad

Way to go Bubbah!!!

(whispers) chicken scissors

Faggity Shitter Shitter Dicker Pricker

He is just a kid, remember…. he’s not fully developed…..
    “We above the law, Feds can’t touch me y’all, Highly ranked black blank I.D. card, So disregard what you think you saw” Pm me if you know where this is from, and I’ll give you a virtual co

You’d think the “king” would be a badass though… Rex |= badass… Rex = punk ass

Notice however, we know who Brian’s father is, and who he says his mother is. And, if Rex wasn’t the king, what about the drawings?
    “We above the law, Feds can’t touch me y’all, Highly ranked black blank I.D. card, So disregard what you think you saw” Pm me if you know where this is from, and I’ll give you a virtual cookie.

Profile photo of

No way, man. That’s exactly how I describe Rex in my character notes. Love it!

i think Brian is definately tied in with Marie’s children…but to what extent i’m not sure yet

i think Brian is definately tied in with Marie’s children…but to what extent i’m not sure yet

Profile photo of Donald Martin

Jam, I’ve been thinking the same thing about Brian. He has been having the same dreams as Rex only Marie’s Children don’t know about him yet. They’re gonna shit in their Depends when they find out about Brian.

Wallerdad

Way to go Bubbah!!!

(whispers) chicken scissors

Faggity Shitter Shitter Dicker Pricker

Profile photo of Chuck Baker

an evil Harry Potter! Raised by hateful foster parent(s), finds his birthright is on of power, but he is ready to raise hell and get revenge!
    I love it!

When I ain’t listening to make sure I don’t hear banjo music in the woods (Deliverance reference,) I spend my time thinking up bizarre complications for Master Sigler’s stories.
    “Slowly, gently, night unfurls its splendor, Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender, Turn your face away, from the garish light of day,Turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light”

i like your take on things, sounds …….. plausible

He did start with the wings… uh… I mean arms….

I wonder what Bryan will sense when he walks up to the front of the apartment building? He seems to relate much better to Marie’s Children than he does to the Saviors… Is he gonna get all gushy and happy feeling with them all so near? Ready for a mind bender?

Both Rex and Bryan are actual Maries Children raised away from the “family”… There’s some weird prophecy about a “King” coming from the normal world… This small faction believes it’s Rex, but in reality, it’s Bryan. Bryan is meant to be the King… Yet he made the promise to Pookie and even pinky-sweared on it. (aside: I always thought it was a pinky-square because the two intertwined pinkies look kind of like a square)… What would happen then?

seems a bit early for thanksgiving dinner…..or is it??

We’ve already seen that the children can be freaks of nature, or normal fat slobs like Marco Gastineau. Some genetic marker… Shared genetic memories…

They all have the same mother, remember? Personally, I don’t think First Born is going to like this… I’m assuming that those four are in league with Hillary and they need Aggie James for something relating to Rex. A separatist movement?

I don’t think they’ll kill Roberta… Save her for later… Besides, remember that Pookie and Bryan are on their way to his house as he’s carving up Isaac…

What the fucking fuck… how the fuck, why the fuck?!?!?! He’s a fucking member of the fucking Children?????? How the fuck did that happen??????? *twitching* Is the reason he has been raised in foster care because he had to know suffering and being an outcast before he could lead? Is servo his mother?!?!?!?!?! What the hell is going on????? And how is First Born gonna take this? Will he see Rex as a threat to his power???? Is that why his life will need to be saved?????? Will he have them kill his stepmother before they leave?????????????? SOOOOOO many questions…..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.