This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of James Keeling James Keeling 6 years, 7 months ago.

Football Made Easy

And I’ve followed the sport!  Scott did do a great job of making it easy to follow along with…   

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam

This Pusher likes Synaptic Jam on toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

I now understand Football, wheras at firstI didn’t know **** about it. But by going through the Rookie. i gradually learned the

basics that helped me understand the story and i appreciate the sport a lot more now

All that matters is getting my fix.

* Murder at Avedon Hill – http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/
    * Numbers are the keys that unlock the universe…

D’OH!!

Sigler really knows football and spins a good tale, I really enjoyed the Rookie and cant wait for the Starter.

You go Sigs

Wallerdad

These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

Looks like a cricket bat is called a cricket bat, imagine that

Wallerdad

I think the wicket is that silly looking lincoln log block house thing they throw the heavy ball at… Looks like something my kid would’ve built when she was three…

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

LMAO

Isn’t a wicket a cricket bat?

Wallerdad

ya mean that wanker brit game that baseball morphed from?? why??
    now rugby, there’s a game to recon with…………….

(actually i am curious about cricket, some one tried explaining it to me once, too many weird rules for me to get a grip on, what’s a wicket?? i think it was just cause i did not have any visuals to go with the explanation)

Baseball was my sport as a child. I still love baseball and can be found yelling my fool head off at games. I’m a huge Cleveland Indians fan but live in Minnesota now so I must support the teams here in order to have a happy marraige.

There was a game where the Indians were playing the Twinks and I was cheering every throw from the pitchers every hit from the batters and every move in the field. Some guy sitting in front of me had enough by about the 5th inning and turned around and asked me, “Do you know any fucking thing about this game or are you just retarded?”

I explained that I was a fan of both teams and that I was not ‘retarded’ but wasn’t so sure about him.

Upon moving to Minnesota, I learned hockey by taking my 5 year old nephew to his ‘mites’ practices and learned the rules as he did. I learned it as a little kid would learn it and therefore, understand it.

Football was always there but it wasn’t baseball and I wasn’t allowed to play with the boys so … I never even saw a game until High School and by that time, it was too late. I didn’t understand the game the way I should. Despite my wardrobe of Cleveland Browns’ gear, I was a cute little ignoramous.

Scott Sigler has saved me from a life of football ignorance. Yes indeed, brethren and sistren, Scott has explained a lot that I never understood before. Yes indeedy, I actually enjoy football more now because I understand more of what is going on.

Thanks, Scott. Would you care to take a stab at cricket? I’d really like to grok that sport.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.