This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of James Keeling James Keeling 6 years, 9 months ago.

Flying?

You’ve all rapped this one up by pointing out that no one is flying. I’m much more in favor of them either having the strength to jump down and up, or maybe even using some sort of technology, rapelling lines with winch motors or the like. They’re obviously not stone age, but space age may be a bit of a stretch.

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

i’m normally backstage.. Technical crew etc. So i set up the wires. I went overly cautious on them. Miniscule chance of falling.

that most be fun
    i would like to try that
    but my fear of falling might interfere with the enjoyment
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

Yeah, I’m with treed. I don’t remember hearing anything about flying either. What I recall as the most descriptive was from the bum who’d just caught a heroin buzz. The witness saw them go down and then back up, but that doesn’t necessarily mean flying.

I had envisioned Hulk-like bounding over long distances and heights which suggested powerful legs to me more than flight.

————
    KnitWitch
    http://www.knitwitchzone.com

i was just reviewing this line of thought and realized, nothing was said about flying in the story, they probably jumped
    The Math god

i love production wires.
    I’m floating around in a fat suit as the fairy godmother in cinderella next friday.

Or he could just write “they fly” and the problem will be solve. If scott says it flys, it flys.

“The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.”

wolferines power of regeneration, now there’s somethiing to think about
    The Math god

I wish I could float…

There are various ways of overcoming these things… advanced technology for one.

Classic comic ways are cosmic energy, magnetism, energy manipulation and speed. So you know… he could use one of these…

Though its probably better he doesn’t >_>

Mike—its like we are all having fun–>

so who cares?? makes for a good story anyways
    The Math god

superpowers are all about defying those laws. So they are kinda related.

superman went being “able to leap tall buildings in a single bound” to floating/flying, defying the laws of gravity, much easier to have him flying around than to bouncing around.
    unless they can mentally manipulate gravity fields, like einstien (LOL) flying like that is a physical impossibility, but then super powers have nothing to do with the laws of physics, or biology
    The Math god

There has been more than one hint are flying humanoids. I’m not an expert on aerodynamics, but outside of pure fantasy, e.g. Superman comics, to the best of my knowledge, there is know way for a humanoid body to generate enough energy, torque, or whatever to overcome gravity. It remains to be heard whether of not Nocturnal will commit this error. Or maybe Sigler can prove me wrong.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.