This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of James Keeling James Keeling 6 years, 9 months ago.

EP035: Hero

• Profile photo of James Keeling

But then it started to hurt… so I stopped… 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

gonna relisten………….

Profile photo of Wolf

ya know, ya hear people say it all the time and ya just know that it’s merely a warn out expression. I mean, you would think if it really happened to them, they would have no way of telling you it happened to them. Just not physically possible. Follow me so far? OK. Well I’m hear to tell y’all that after putting in a looong day at work and then reading through this thread, MY HEAD JUST FUCKING EXPLODED!!!!!!!

Thank you.

"Just shut the fuck up and do yer job, asshole!"

Profile photo of ogreoregon

I think that some things were written before the Galactic Timeline was fully formed and expanded.  not counting time travel as a reason….

*** I am the Rear Admiral and you will OBEY ***

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

Let’s go with that.

Profile photo of Aaron Morris

Not to argue the point, but if is just time shifted, which empire did Leon Timmerman bring down? If we assume that the events of Hero are concurrent with The Rookie, the war would have ended circa 2622 (60 years beforehand). Albeit this is before the Creterakians take over the galaxy, but it would occur during the Great Peace. Even if we push the date of Hero back to the earliest days of the GFL, say 2658, the war would have ended in 2598, which does coincide with the 4th Galactic War. Though if this is the case, the history in Hero does not seem to match up with the timeline on the GFL webpage.

_____

Most that are profound would choose to narrate tales of living men with nouns like sorrow, verbs like lose, and action scenes, and love, but then there are now some, and brave they be, that speak of Lunar cities raised and silver spheres and purple seas.

Profile photo of James Keeling

But time shifted.. That’s all.. 

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam

This Pusher likes Synaptic Jam on toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken  –  served on the PUV JK

Profile photo of Aaron Morris

I listened to ?1puvjk last night and it reminded me of EP035. I’m actually re-listening to Hero now and noticed that the Ionath Krakens are playing the Quyth Survivors in the football game on the TV in the background. I’m trying to figure out if Hero takes place in the same Siglerverse as The Rookie? Based on the score, 17 to 13 (Kraken’s favor), one could imagine that the events take place in Week 9, though the year is given as 2303, which predates the Galactic History Timeline of The Rookie (and Week 9 by 379 years). I would note that the Sklorno are also explicitly mentioned.

This simple Junkie does not pretend to know our Future Dark Overlord’s mind, but would beg his indulgence in my attempt to understand it. All hail Sigler!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.