This topic contains 21 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Joseph Cartwright Joseph Cartwright 4 years, 3 months ago.

Earthcore Vs Infected cross-over prequel

Hey guys,

I was thinking that maybe the Rocktopi’s ancient enemy could be the triangle’s creators and the only reason the orbital found Earth was because it was hunting the Rocktopi’s….

The Orbital found Earth simply because they wouldn’t stop for directions.

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach

Wabash Wolfpack

This gets a little convoluted, so try to keep up. :)

In the print-version of The Rookie there’s a timeline in the back where we learn that a race called The Collectors enslaved the Ki and sent the Orbital out to search for more sentient-life bearing planets to enslave. The Orbital had light-bending cloaking technology, so we know The Collectors have that tech.

In the “The Tank” arc of The Crypt: Book One, the ship that captures the crew of The Cranky Pecker demonstrates the same kind of cloaking technology. The description of the aliens in that story bears a striking resemblance to the enemies of the Roctopi that we find out about toward the end of Earthcore.

In the “The Washington D.C.” arc of The Crypt:Book One, the artifact that the crew of the D.C. is watching seemingly demonstrates similar cloaking technology when it disappears. It is a pretty good assumption that the artifact actually is the vessel that will later become the PUV James Keeling (’cause the Planetary Union scientist studying it is named Dr. James Keeling)

In the second episode of The Crypt: Book Two, we finally get a description of the PUV James Keeling, which takes us back to Earthcore again. The Keeling bears a striking resemblance to the enemy alien ships described toward the end of Earthcore.

So, when I put all these things together, it leads me to believe that the Roctopi’s “ancient enemy” was The Collectors, and that the PUV James Keeling is actually a Collectors ship. I’m betting that the aliens from “The Tank” were Collectors, and that the Keeling will be used to fight them. To borrow a line from the youtube classic “Juggernaut, Bitch!”, we’re gonna smack them with their own pimp. :)

**Conjunction Junction, what’s your function? No seriously, I slept through grammar class, so I have no idea what you do.**

Nice way of putting all the pieces together. I remember the drawings of the wasp like aliens on the cave walls that resemble to the ones in the Tank. And the ship is also similar to the cave drawings.

But I have had a question running through my mind. If the PUV James Keeling is so advanced and powerful; why the high death rate? Are they actually running suicide missions? You wouldn’t think a ship they went through so much trouble procuring would be put in a position to be destroyed or damaged to easily?

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Twice Over!

Especially if the orbitals pilot was a guy! http://tinyurl.com/25s9cau

but I don’t remember if they say how many missions the Keeling was used for. Didn’t they talk about the shakedowns and not missions? If this is the case it could be a total suicide mission, send it as deep into enemy territory as it can go then unloading everything its got. At that point there isn’t going to be a whole lot you can do about hiding and getting out alive and they aren’t going to want it captured so they would have to scuttle it at the first sign of defeat. And there is the unkown aspect of the tech in the ship, that could also explain the death rate.

As usual I will add that I could be way off about all of this.

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum

Jayguana

Remember is a Bethany Darkwaterscientist who specializes in nanotechnology and she was assigned to the Keeling by Rear Admiral Boock to finds out what’s going on there. Considering the issue with nanotechnology gone awry in The Passenger episodes, I wouldn’t be surprised if the death rate on the Keeling is related to that.
    ———–
    Gmork – Wiki Czar and Thwackacutioner

similar to that. I was wondering if the PUV James Keeling had the ability to *heal* itself similar to the nano meds. And with that being said, the ship would need organic material? Now that is a way out there assumption….

Like the crew would have to feed other crew members to the slake the ship’s hunger for flesh? It might out there, but I LIKE IT!!
    ———–

Im loving all these ideas being thrown around and Perfect you are awesome for putting the time line peices together! Can’t wait for book 2 to see how close or far off we all are.

Jayguana

I’m starting to think that I might have missed out on a great career as an intelligence analyst for the CIA or something.

**Conjunction Junction, what’s your function? No seriously, I slept through grammar class, so I have no idea what you do.**

Jayguana

I had put some of those peices together, but no where near all the ones you did. I got a bit of a tingle as I read all you had laid out. If even hald of what you say is accurate then this whole thing is going to be very exciting. I guess I am just going to have to listen to everything again, and really listen carefully this time.

The Zombie Apocalypse can strike at any time. Be alert. Be prepared.

that happen to be close to the first damage are in for a unpleasant suprise. You know, now that I think about it. When the folks are spiked, its almost like a corrosive digestive absorbtion taking place?? Now that is way, way out there….

Something very dreepy and disturbing, which is right up the FDO’s alley.

You watch, now that we’ve figured it out, he’ll go and change everything just to spite us :)

I was think the exact same thing PD4D!! Now that the secrets have been exposed, they’ll all need to be shaken up!
    ———–

Err, I mean they don’t have badges. “They”, as in “I’m not one of them” (wink wink, nudge nudge)

is that they don’t fully understand how the ship works, and to some extent the ship has a mind of it’s own. It’s like having a bunch of 16-year-olds crew an aircraft carrier. Sure they they can wander around for a while, push a few buttons, turn a few dials, maybe even get the thing moving, but sooner or later their lack of familiarity with the ship and all the things on it that can crush / impale / spindle / mutilate you is gonna get some people killed. For example, let’s not forget about the copper sticks that attacked the Washington D.C. They apparently came from the artifact, which apparently is the Keeling, so I imagine the crew will encounter them at some point. Are they an autonomous weapons system that could glitch and stab someone through the jumblies just for walking by? We don’t know (and knowing is half the battle, right?)

I don’t think the ship itself is necessarily malicious like Stephen King’s Christine, because that would be getting into a supernatural aspect, which we all know the FDO does not do. Rather, I think it’s going to be a matter of a highly advanced ship, perhaps with some kind of semi-sentient AI, that is simply beyond the understanding of the people trying to operate it. I’m sure most of us can appreciate the danger of messing with complicated equipment that you don’t really understand.

some fascinating minds out there.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

and in my case some what demented and twisted! ;p

and that is why we need everyone.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.