This topic contains 124 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Karen McDonald Karen McDonald 5 years ago.

Dr. Horrible

So I went looking for more free content to occupy me during the ‘Nocturnal’ hiatus and stumbled into Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long Blog at the following link:

http://www.drhorrible.com/

While it was meant to be shown for a three day period in mid July and then disappear forever, it became wildly popular with the online community, thus it is back up courtesy of Hulu for your free consumption.  The brainchild of Joss Weadon, it has witty writing and a small but brilliant cast.  If you haven’t already…..Check it out!

Gmork Dr. Horrible Is something different. I happened to con Nathan Fillion into befriending me on MySpace and have seen the site.  Who would a thought Doogie, I mean, Neil Patrick Harris could sing?

["No matter where you go, there you are"] – And Sigler always knows where there is!

the letters were funny.

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

that I learned Neil Patrick Harris could sing.  IMDB has him credited to the role of Mark Cohen in the L.A. production of Rent:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000439/bio

Listening to the tone of his voice in Dr Horrible, I can totally she him in the part of Mark Cohen.  Neat to see the multifaceted nature of actors.

Took a look at the IMBD. I always wondered what happened to him.  Looks like he did/does a lot of stage work. You see that alot anymore with film/TV actors moving on to stage shows. William Petersen of CSI is leaving his role to do more stage.

["No matter where you go, there you are"] – And Sigler always knows where there is!

the good man… But that doesn’t mean much… I almost never can remember the names of celebrities.

Like that one woman with that brown hair. What’s her name… 

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

Stage work is definately a plus for an actor.  You ahve to ahve a certain amount of confidence and ego (in a good sense) to be able get on stage and act (much less sing) live in front of 200 people you don’t know.

I remember Kathryn Heigl being incredibly nervous when she presented at the Oscars this past year.  If anything stage work would prevent that type of acting gaffe from ever happening. 

You go on stage in front of people you dont know without the benefits of retakes or edits. If you do flub you have to stay cool, ad lib (if needed) and get back on scene. So film or TV acting after that would be a piece of cake! I’m sure it makes for a more natural acting style.

the brilliance that is Joss. I’m totally looking forward to Doll House this fall. And I never fail to be amazed by how versatile Nathan Fillion is. From BTVS to Firefly/Serenity to Slither and now Dr. Horrible.

– hit Podiobooks.com for undiluted crack by our FDO! –

Damn, girl! Check out that spelling in your second sentence! It’s a double shot! (I’m baaaack!) But don’t worry, you’re still my second favorite pirate gal! (Are you drinking, or did you spell those that way to make it sound like a Cockney accent if read out loud on a stage? If it’s the former, Shadygirl and I would like to come over.)

– Everything takes longer than it does.

Wow, look at that…particularly heinous.  I’m usually much more careful than that…but hey, look on the bright side…at least I’m consistent!

So I can only blame such a blatant disregard for the English language on beer! Yes, I was drinking…Yarrr, it be mighty piratey of me ta be drinkin’ an typin’ (how do you like that.. I can swash and buckle!)….Yes, you and Shadygirl are more than welcome to come over and partake. 

Please bring a six pack of Stella while you’re at it.  Thank you

…that I ended up purchasing it off of iTunes:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?i=284353800&id=284353399&s=143441

Dr. Horrible is made of awesome!

I bought the season pass at first and the damn link didnt work. I ended up downloading all three seperately. Have to contact Apple and get to the core of this! (Pun Intended)

That was some realy swell waisted time unfortunately only on I-tunes for download 

Things go wrong and that is how we learn

I’ll have to try to watch it this afternoon…

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

The 1 Aug Entertainment Weekly, and the upcoming Mac|Life magazine both have stuff about Dr. Horrible… I guess I’m going to have to be a lemming and see what all the chatter is about!

– “Everything takes longer than it does.” -Me

JP / Jam — I’d be interested to hear what you think of it!

(nice to see you back, Jam!)

You definitely get a pun demerit for that one!

I’m posting this twice, just to make the point.

Download it and watch it if you haven’t already. Well done Joss!

sneaky bastard!

…thus the post, I suppose. 

I think what I liked about it the most (without giving away too many spoilers) was the storyline is true to the evolution of the character.  Joss Wheadon isn’t afraid to make his characters feel the depth of a real and sometimes unfortunate life event.  For such a low budget production, the production quality is amazing and the actors give it their all.

“tricky bastard.”

as always, Gmork!

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

I didn’t realize EW had a write up on it…I’ll have to hunt that down.  Thanks for the tip

I counldn’t help myself. I was one of those things I just couldn’t pass up.  A demerit would be a proper PUN-ishment for the offense!

My hubbie is hogging this month’s copy of EW.  It’s usually in the crapper but I can’t find it in either of our crappers.  Dang!

*Hunting the wild and elusive EW Mag*

Too funny! Ours ends up in the same place very shortly after it arrives (admittedly because of me…). It seems to be the only room in the house I can sit for a few minutes uninterrupted. I have to admit, I kind of like the EW!

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

That was some of the most original humor ‘ve seen in a long time.6 Stars out of 5

cheak my shit at http://geekaficionado.blogspot.com/

Glad you liked it!!  Can’ tell you how many times I’ve watched it..and now I’m quoting it! Ahhhh!

Thanks for sharing your find when you did! Look at all the happiness you’ve brought! I think I go watch it again myself.

I think what’s kinda cool about the Dr. Horrible project is it resonates of what Sigler and some of the other podcast authors are doing…taking their pet projects and futures into their own hands and finding new and innovative ways to disseminate it.

I love the intiative behind it all and love the fact that the works, whether it’s Infected or Dr Horrible, only get more recognition because of the quality of the product is undeniable. Laughing

I can’t stop watching! And Shadygirl and I keep quoting the show–I think Joss put crack in it. Wait, Sig already did that–I think Joss put something else addictive in it. Just like Starbucks. Damn it. Hey, are any other members of the Gmork household and/or entourage (besides the obvious junkies) sucked into this web of evil?

I saw several interviews with Neal Patrick Harris and he was talking about this…..Thank you Gmork for posting the link.  It really was a fun thing to watch, I hope that with the fan base it is gathering, they will do more stuff like this…so many people have really creative minds.
    And even though FDO Hates the musical horror productions  I see Dancing and singing involving Dew, Perry and a chorus line of TRIANGLES, and animated chicken scissors…..Hey we know the FDO is also a musical genius.
     *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

I’m hoping that the success of Dr. Horrible gives the MPAA a wake up call. It doesn’t take a huge budget or a traditional marketing infrastructure to make $$$$. It’s all about the benjamins to them, so that’s what it will come down to. 

The super amusing thing is that Joss came up with the idea while he was participating in the writers strike. Talk about irony….

Tipping the industry model on its ear is what it’s all about. With any luck, others will follow Joss’ example, and some of the fogeys will have to re-think their stodgy old ways. 

btw, a similar project, kind of old, and I’m sure you’ve all seen it already (particularly since Scott’s story was first) is Stranger Things. Free HDTV via podcast. Not a whole lot of episodes yet, but well worth watching.

you should see what he does with some paperclips, a pair of scissors, some aluminium foil, and a cellphone battery.

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

that’s McGuyver!Tongue out

Stranger Things was the first place I had seen Sigler’s Sacred Cow.  That was a mind trip and really well done for the budget they had.

I had first heard Sacred Cow on Bloodcast. The video short was well done as Gmork mentioned.  Thanks for mentioning Stranger Things that was the first time I heard of it.

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

and I saw the video and I thought it was really cool. The effects were great. the other Sigler "play" was good too.

G-Man

Not enough, I say! Need more!

At a Comic Con panel, Joss Wheadon alluded to possible follow ups but there werent any specifics *sigh* … ine can only cross their fingers!

McGuyver would only need two of those and he’d make a nuke out of it :D

that there will probably be follow-ups as much fun as they had combined with the popularity it had. The public crashed the servers on the first day because demand was so high.

Did you miss Bloodcast Season 1? It’s Episode 4…..

Earl Newton and company do an awesome job on a shoestring budget. My only complaint is the infrequency of the episodes. I’m hoping that goes away now that they have a major sponsor. But I’d much rather they take their time and put out a quality product than put out crap on a regular basis.

I would also like to see more of the episodes in the future. Hopefully they will respond to the fan base and produce some more.

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

I saw it a little later then it came out and I hadn’t listened to the story yet. I had it waiting to be listened to.

G-Man

Unlistened to Sigler?!?!? And I know you’ve got time as often as you post on here….

we know we’ll get a musical commentary on the DVD when it’s released. No specifics? He’s going all JJ Abrams on us…

at the time. Infection again, the Rookie again, ect. Then I listened to Sacred Cow.

G-Man

Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

that G-man’s here! I wasnt sullied by the FDO’s work until I was in my late twenties!

Hooray for the youngin’s dedication~!

you don’t look a day over your mid-twenties! In spite of the “sullying.”

You must die now. Joss is nothing like Abrams. Prepare to be annihilated. 

That almost makes me want to put my pearly white avatar back up….*almost*

Don’t you mean enlightened? Hmmmm. I wonder which one of us started listening to Scott first. You’ve got me on registration be a week or three, but I totally slacked on getting over here and signing up. Were you listening all the way back when Earthcore was being ‘cast week to week?

your pearly whites ;) Or anything else you’d like to show me. Your taste in art seems to be top notch so I’m happy with anything you choose to display. Freedom of expression and all that.

I’m trying to make everything easy peasy for the new junkie to pick up over at Podiobooks.com if they type in Sigler. I started with Bloodcast Season One, went back and repaired some minor errors/oversights in The Rookie, and am in the midst of Nocturnal and Bloodcast Season Two. Earthcore and Ancestor may get a facelift after Scott gets caught up (yeah, right) but that’s a super low priority. 

Just went through and picked out Buffy highlights. Are you a BTVS fan as well?

I started listening to EarthCore and migrated to 7th Son.  I never finished 7th Son (don’t tell Hutchinssssss) but I voraciously finished Sigler’s stories.  I love the SciFi/Fantasy genre but hadn’t appreciated horror until Siggy’s hybrid ScFi/Horror novels.  The gratuitous violence and salaciousness of the plots just had me coming back for more.

I’m just tickled that I got my hands on a printed copy of EarthCore and Ancestor before they became hard to come by.

…but it is an avatar change…the ‘status is not quo’…just for you there, sadock!

but Joss Wheadon directed an episode of the Office and I was wondering if he directed all the episodes or just that one.

G-Man

IMDB has Joss Whedon credited with two episodes in 2007:

• "Branch Wars" – Season 4 Episode 6 and
    • "Business School" – Season 3 Episode 16

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0923736/

G-Man

Jim pretends to have become a vampire after being bitten by a bat.
    Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

but…the FDO hasn’t killed me yet, so you’re not allowed to.

Scroll down to August 6th… you still owe Gmork some feedback, good sir!

IMDB is my friend

IMDB is my friend

IMDB is my friend

That seems awfully arrogant of you…..

only by the FDO’s hand. Or by RDQs, or Shadygirl’s. It’s not arrogant. It’s just true. So you’ll just have to go kill n8man. He won’t mind it now that the love of his life is dead. (May Mumo rest in peace. We miss you, man. But n8 misses you most, if you know what I mean…)

Royal Dark Queen? Not sure on that one……

<blushes in shame> Thanks Gmork. I have to admit I liked the ‘Status’ avatar much better than this one. My friends and I converted three more people to Horribleness within the past week. Mwahahahahhaha. Never underestimate the laugh….

Yeah, I kinda liked the subtlety of the ‘Status Quo’ avatar.  This one just captures the Evil Dr. Horrible so well.  Tried a few .gif Dr Horrible avatars but they are unfortunately too large to use on this site. 

Oh good work, BTW, on converting a few more people! Good work outta you! 

when Dr. Horrible achieved ultimate horribleness! You could tell when it happened because his horrible welding goggles made the horrible drop from his forehead to a horrible position over his eyes… muuuuaaaaahhhaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. HaaaAAAAAAAahhhhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa. Ha.

I felt so bad for Dr Horrible but it was necessary for him to be dealt that cruel blow in order to make it into the E.L.E, wasn’t it?  I also wonder how he was able to make it through the door at the end considering those welding goggles are impossible to see through.  Maybe he traced his path ahead of time?

I’ve never heard her referred to that way….. Or heard her bedroom voice either. Oh, did I say that out loud?!? My bad.

I looked to see if the soundtrack or DVD was coming out soon and like 4 or 5 pairs of welding goggles came up. I was highly entertained.

I already bought me a pair of googles like Dr. Horrible’s…i’m such a fangirl *blushes*

~~~ mwhuahahahahaha … so it’s, you know, coming along ~~~~~~~

I just gotta ask–do you wear them at… *ahem*… work?

Naw, I unfortunately have a very corporate, very stuffy job. Everyone knows  I’m an uber-nerd because of toys I keep on my desk (there’s a dalek, a blue police box, the tick action figure, Captain Jack harkness action figure, two action figures from Clerks, a mini At-AT Walker, a mini Millenium Falcon and an Aragorn action figure).   I think if I came in with the googles on I would be pushng it.  Tongue out

That is rather obvious by your choice of avatars lately, my dear. Not that it’s a bad thing, but if you somehow thought you were in the closet, you were sorely mistaken. Relish in your horribleness!! Convert the masses!!

Hmmmm…..Wonder if the FDO has had time to watch Dr. Horrible yet?

more geeky/nerdy girls in the world. It would make for a much happier place to be. SPOON!

But I am also secure in my nerdinesss!

Otherwise, you wouldn’t share/flaunt it here. One of the things I love about the modern era is that it’s *almost* cool to be a geek/nerd now. The biggest down side is that friends harass you for tech support.

I’m hell geeky myself. I doubt I have quite as many clotchkies as you, but I do have a fair share. From other posts of yours I’m guessing we have similar tastes in geekdom. 

my mom believes that her years of service as my mum have entitled her to tap me for unrestricted levels of tech support :P

She has adopted tech-tard and embraced it for her own. She’s constantly telling folks how big a tech tard she is. She can’t even program a VCR.

I manage a window company and have a beautiful big bay window looking out over the showroom floor.  Since I have actual walls and not cube space – plus the gorgeous polished surface of the bay window seat, I get to really enjoy my geekiness.
    I have two movies posters for Serenity (the US and UK versions), the 8×17 original (#2of5) of the Firefly themed con badge from a couple of years ago and the original of my talented friend Channain’s pen and ink drawing of Mal that she gave me as a thank you for something.  All of these are nicely framed and displayed on my walls.
    There’s the snowman bobblehead and all my lead crystal pieces given to me over the years from folks at previous jobs, some shiny polished rocks, my Buffy and Angel action figures, and then I rotate toys in and out to keep it fresh.
    Tastes Like Chicken

For you über-fans of Dr. Horrible, the soundtrack is now for sale on iTunes.  There’s a link on the website: http://www.drhorrible.com/

Also, lyrics are available: http://www.drhorrible.com/linernotes.html

Support independent artists…buy the soundtrack and sing at the top of your lungs!

one of my favorite episodes.

G-Man

I actually started a thread about the soundtrack, but it never took off. <sigh> I did think it was totally weak that they wanted $10 for the soundtrack when the season pass was only $4. Pretty sure that’s an Apple thing, not a Joss thing though.

Utinni!! Jawas shop Podiobooks.com for undiluted
     crack from our Future Dark Overlord. Utinni!!

not that it really matters….

http://www.playingforkeepsnovel.com/podpress_trac/web/43/0/pfk_sotw_ep05.mp3

but I was listening to the stuff Mur put out w/the Playing for Keeps release. I totally spaced that Chritiana Ellis had done a very intricate voice parody about the villain laugh roughly concurrent with Dr. Horrible.

Utinni!! Jawas shop Podiobooks.com for undiluted
     crack from our Future Dark Overlord. Utinni!!

Yup, not sure why the price was so high.  I actually ripped my own version of the soundtrack from the video and included bits of the dialogue in it, but I bought the soundtrack anyway in support of their effort.  And BTW the quality on the soundtrack is excellent, Almost as if they re-recorded.  

—– He’s no good to me dead ——-

While Shadygirl’s been away for the last week, I’ve been teaching the boy how to do the evil laugh. He laughs now when I show him the opening of Act 1. So, it’s coming along…

– “Hey, I’ll teach you to laugh at something funny!” -Homer Simpson (Angry and strangling Bart for laughing at him.)

Nate Dogg… The only signature I need is my fist.

Once in late Aug. at a pool party. (I was too drunk to follow it)

Once a couple of days later, cuz I kept singing "A man’s gotta do, what a man’s gotta do.." and I couldn’t figure out why.

Once a couple of weeks ago when I had a friend tied to a chair I forced her to watch it because I knew she would like it but wouldn’t watch it unless forced.

But I have purchased the soundtrack and have been known to sing along with it at a volume which people in other cars can hear.

In the immortal words of Socrates "I Drank What?!"

I was looking for a post Halloween avatar and cycled through a bunch of Dr Horrible ones… and while I didn’t settle on one, it did make me go back and watch the first episode so I could sing…"Laundry Day…."

thanks!

– “Hey, I’ll teach you to laugh at something funny!” -Homer Simpson (Angry and strangling Bart for laughing at him.)

all three episodes four times in the last week. They boy is hooked and keeps saying “again” verbally and in sign language. Good boy. I’ve finally succumbed and downloaded the soundtrack to he can hear it in the car too. (Oh, the sacrifices…)

That must be so cute… to see him asking "again, again!"Laughing

One of my nephews first words were Zim… My plan worked, I don’t have to babysit very often anymore..

In the immortal words of Socrates "I Drank What?!"

if you didn’t already know: Amazon link

* Podiobooks.com , the future of digitally distributed novels! *

It was funny, cute, and the production quality was great. I cant wait to finish it.

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

You WILL be addicted and find yourself quoting these episodes at school, work, and in your sleep.

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

borrow our CD version of Dr. H…

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

You were back there so CB could ride up front with Daddy, right?   

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]

a changed man on Monday…

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (6666 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

And then he will find himself through some "crazy random happenstance"ordering the DVD and be able to fill the  Dr. Horrible cravings in an instant.  He could also be compelled to purchase on of the like me… http://tinyurl.com/cljajt

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (6666 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

This one is just awesome too!

ordering one frozen yogurt, but ending up with two in his bag.

and let you know what me thinks…

Love it!

I really like it. FUNNY

This one is really funny, but they haven’t released anything new in a while 

"I kill people, I don’t murder them, look it up Sweats!" Agent Celie Booth

This is absolutely hilarious and is now out on DVD. 

"I kill people, I don’t murder them, look it up Sweats!" Agent Celie Booth

Dr Horrible swept several categories at the 1st annual Streamy Awards.  The Streamys were designed to recognize outstanding achievement for shows produced originally for broadband distribution.

Although it was broadcast live over the internet last night, their site doesn’t show the winners (yet) but you can glean how well represented Dr Horrible was but the list of nominees. Also, 12seconds.tv has video of the winners and some of the broadcast (in 12 second clips — thus the name of the site) at this link. Joss Whedon, Felicia Day and Neil Patrick Harris were all in attendance.

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

This is defently worth seeing and the best internet musical to boot.

Hsu Dek (Pronoced Sue Deck)

B is for Bob (Marley) shirt!  I love to get him those odd shirts that most people just don’t get!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.