This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright Joseph Cartwright 5 years, 7 months ago.

douglas adams

• Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

Adams = Genius

Genius = Sigler 

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Profile photo of

"Oh," said God, "and disappeared in a puff of logic." I quoted Adams because they ripped Adams off for the end of BSG.

Profile photo of J.P.

tipping his hat to the FDO, in advance. (Time Machine! The FDO has powers.)

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Profile photo of Mark Wheeler

steals all of his ideas from Douglas Adams! They both write books that take place in space, what more do you need!? lol

"So do you guys have Battletoads..?"

Profile photo of Cedric Rochefort

i was listening to your pre-reading jibber-jabber on one of your contagious podcasts. you were going on about how battlestar galactica took the lazy way out, exclaiming that "it’s magic, it’s jesus, it’s god, it MAGIC!"  i totally agree with you, and i’m very upset with them. one thing though, you used the expression "dissapeared in a puff of logic."  the only other person i’ve ever known to use that expression was douglas adams in the hitchicker’s guide (the hitchicker’s guide to the galaxy, chapter 6), arguing that the natural evolution of something so mind-boggingly useful as the babel fish is proof of the non-existence of god.

"i refuse to prove that i exist, says god, for proof denies faith and without faith i am nothing."

"but, says man, the babel fish could not have evolved by chance, proving that you exist, and so therefore, you don’t"

"oh dear, says god, i hadn’t thought of that" and promptly dissapears in a puff of logic…

pope siglericus used the same expression by coincidence? i think not.

the FDO is actually a big, squishy douglas adams fan? i think so!

Sincerely,

TheCedmeister

(a big, squishy douglas adams fan)

p.s. i think arthur dent should have a spot in the rookie universe.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.