This topic contains 35 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Beth_Ailis Beth_Ailis 4 years, 9 months ago.

Does anyone even care about the Super Bowl XLIV?

• Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

Nicely done!

Profile photo of Bob Laramee

the imperial russian stout is without doubt one of my favs as well. i’m a huge fan of their ipa as well. it’s probably my second most frequent drink behind water.

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

UGA is THE University of Georgia, my friend.

also, you must be very, very young. What about the greats like HERSHEL WALKER!!!!

Anyway, I love NO and I will be cheering for the Saints, albiet rather lackadasically. (k, can’t spell)

Profile photo of Andrew Morton

even if i wanted to watch it, being stationed in England makes it hard. comes on at 11 at night here. everyone in my squadron will be up though. we’re alowed to come in late on monday for the super bowl. :)

Molly McButters is my Homeboy!

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

I care about it because I love the City of New Orleans, but, my earlyest memory in my life was seeing Peyton Manning on his Senior day at the University of Tennessee conducting the Marching Band after winning.
    Oh, and By The Way…. Starting Monday, my Panthers are offically UNDEFEATED AGAIN!!!!!UGA-UGA…UUUGAWA, WE GOT DA PANTHA POWA!!!

Profile photo of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Not really. I wouldn’t mind watching it, but I doubt my boyfriend will want to, especially if we end up spending the weekend in bed, like we usually do. (Get your minds out of the gutter! We mostly just sleep and then eat and then sleep again.)

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

un-British! According to the sterotypes we get over here. Thought you were required to be a rabid fan of football (round) and violently defend your team to anyone that disagreed. Another illusion shattered!

Profile photo of Dave Johnson

Which probably means they will lose cos I’m cursed … sorry saints fans

Neighbours one side are south african and we watch the rugby but see football (soccer) as a pointless waste of time and neighbours the other side are stoners and not into the whole sports thing I think

Cheaterpants!

Profile photo of athanas

that just means you can cheer for Indy. :-p

the trick to staying sane is to just out-crazy the world

Profile photo of Andrew Morton

didn’t even know new orleans had a team till yesterday…

Molly McButters is my Homeboy!

Profile photo of Belladonna420

We sure do have some good eats out here!! Tongue out

Pusher & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

Profile photo of athanas

and since it’s in Chicago, I’d be willing to bet that it’s all going to taste fantastic.

I fell in love with damn near everything I ate while I was visiting in September and hope I can make a return trip this Summer.

Deep dish pizza? The best. An authentic italian beef sandwich? Sweet baby jebus! Burgers at Billy Goat’s? godDAMN!

Profile photo of athanas

I finally turned into a beer snob off that stuff.

For the longest time I couldn’t stand hoppy beers, then I bought a bottle of Arrogant Bastard on a whim (having tried it years earlier and not like it) and have been drinking beers you have to chew ever since.

I think the Imperial Russian Stout happens to be my favorite seasonal by Stone.

Arrogant Bastard, but we’ll probably be boring with pizza and wings beyond that

My friends and I are having what we refer to as Hot Ham Sammy’s. It’s basically sliced ham on an onion Kaiser roll, with Swiss cheese and a sandwich spread made of mayo, mustard and some other secret seasonings (if I told you, I’d have to kill you!). Wrap the sandwiches in tin foil and bake until the cheese is nice and melted. YUM!! I’ll also be making a spicy cheese dip and we’ll probably have various other munchies as well.

Profile photo of athanas

as you bring your own beer and at least one woman of ill repute.

Profile photo of John Ellsworth

Sounds good. I’ll be over at noon.

Profile photo of athanas

what’s on the menu?
    I’m skipping the norm (chips, whack-a-mole, brauts, etc) and going with grilling a bigass ribeye and lobster tail chased with far too much Arrogant Bastard ale.

Oh no you didn’t. The way I see it , if you’re going to go through the trouble of cheating, win the whole thing. Don’t let some guy making a circus catch in the Superbowl ruin the whole thing for you. The Pats ate their own balls in that game against the Giants. Once Brady got married and had kids his game play changed. At least we agree on something this week, GO SAINTS!

so you think he’d mind if i called Gisele…ya know…since he’s with the tapes and whatnot. :-)

You wouldn’t win any thing unless you cheat. Brady is too busy having man-love to study tape.

NFC SOUTH PRIDE!!!!

I’m a Pats fan, so I have no vested interest in the game this year, but I always watch. I’m rooting for the Saints. It’s always cool to see a team win their first Lombardi trophy.

Profile photo of Jason Williamson

Vikings fan… so no, I will be drinking, crying and what ifing.

Festina Lente (Make Haste Slowly)

Dark Knight Marine General

Jayguana

i cannot wait for the world cup to begin. we’ll be attending a huge party for that game…the super bowl, not so much. might flick it on, might just play some xbox. we’ll see how i feel that day i guess.

Profile photo of athanas

Go Colts!
    I was turned into a closet Colts fan years ago and have kept up the cheering when it doesn’t involve the Seahawks.

Profile photo of Rich Bennett

guess I will have the game on, but pay more attention to the commercials. But then again there is NASCAR

Richno3…….out

I’m sure your neighbors would heartily disagree.

Looking forward to the US v England in the World Cup!! USA USA

cos it beats football (the round kind)

now that the bears and bengals aren’t in it (and I know that cincinnati never had a chance but you got to have a dream)

Wink

to have a party… guess we’ll be watching mostly for the commercials :-D

The Big Guy is probably going to cheer for the Saints since he thinks that the Colts end of season lay down partly kept the Steelers out of the playoffs. (It was a conspiracy, you know)

will just be an excuse for me to hang out with my friends, have some drinks and eat more than I would normally on a Sunday. I don’t really care who wins either, but I’m rooting for the Saints only cuz the Colts beat the Bears in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.

I forgot to even watch any of the Pro Bowl coverage. Usually some of that is pretty fun, the contests before and all.

Trying to get excited about the SB but no one I know cares At All! I guess I’ll cheer for the Saints. Or maybe Payton Manning’s team… see, I can’t decide because frankly it just doesn’t matter this year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.