This topic contains 43 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Erika Hoel Erika Hoel 5 years, 7 months ago.

Dexter

One of the best shows ever. Straight up. It’s classic and epic (however the hell that works) and it’s got some crazy shiz. I love Dexter. :) 

I specialize in accurate interpretation of your pathetically unclear and dismally vague descritpion of what you think you want.

Loves it, ive been meaning to borrow them on dvd from him. But im pretty sure i remember him telling me about how he sold the first season online a while back. so…i think i may be out of luck.

"So do you guys have Battletoads..?"

Read all three books.

The first book and first season pretty much paralleled each other. The seocnd book had its moments;

think parts of it appeared in the series. The third book sucked; luckily none of that has appeared in the series.

The series is great. It captures the whole Miami thing, has great characters that grow and evolve through the show,

and there are genuine funny moments, especially with the pervy forensics guy Vince. Did I mention

the non-gratuitous squick factor?

EJKorvette 

From there to here

From here to there

Funny things

Are everywhere!

— Theodor K. Geisl (1904 – 1991) 

I have seen all seasons to date and man Dexter is sick and twisted in a good way.

unlike g………………(click)
    #
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

half brother actually

who gives a F**k about the nuclear war, let bombs explode because thats what they’re for

I watch it at a friends house but his lady can’t stand it.

so we have to watch it when she is at class.

and yet the first this she asks us is how was Dexter? 

I knew it was a polite inquiry.  I just didn’t want there to be any confusion on my view of the subject Innocent  You definitely did not offend me, I have a much thicker skin than that!  I’m a tough cookie!  And no offense taken whatsoever.

It was only a polite inquiry. I didn’t think that was what you meant but you sort of implied it. Thank you for the clarification. I apologize if I upset you.

This is one of the reasons I hate email/IM. I have no idea what tone you were actually ‘speaking’ in, so I have to err on the side of caution. Frakkin’ annoying.

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

the character development in Season 2. Yet I’m not sure I would have been able to appreciate it if I hadn’t watched Season 1. I do have to say that what they did in Season 2 floored me so I am anxiously awaiting Season 3. I fully expected Season 2 to be mediocre after Season 1, and it blew my socks off.

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

But thankfully thats not the case.

You didnt eat that dove, did you? I only have 6 days to return it.-Gob Bluth

I kind of liked the way his character evolved in this season. The Bay Harbor Butcher storyline was done very well. Each twist and turn made the show even more addicting to watch in my opinion. Which one did you like the best?

Which is your favorite season so far?

But it still makes it a little less weird!  And it IS just a tv show!  It’s not like they’re brother and sister in real life, now that would be weird!

or one who was adopted, you’d feel okay having sex with him? Or are you going to take the fifth again?

So it’s only a little weird! 

She’s your wife at home and your sister on the set.

It was an absolutle blast to watch.

I’ve read all three books in the series. The first season is a stretched version of the first book. The ending to the book and to the first season are different. And the books are only from Dexter’s point of view, they obviously had to add stuff to get a full season.

"Next thing I know, I’m running for my life. And all I could think was if something were to ever happen to me, how sad I’d be, you know?"- Gob Bluth

I’ve read the first two books, but I haven’t seen any episodes yet. If you’ve done both, how does the first book compare to the first season? I know that the first season was based on the first book, but the other seasons have been new material.

Dexter is one of those great shows with an odd twist and makes you kinda question What’s good? What’s evil? the good old everything isn’t just black and white but has all kinds of shades of grey!!!

We all fear that which we cannot see!!!

I just read that Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter just got married!  Random factoid for ya’!

I am trying to stop watching as much TV. I have cut out a lot the past few months. Watching series on DVD makes sense. You can avoid all the commercials and choose when you want to watch it.

They both have been given a chance to show their versatility as actors in this series. The only major part I’d seen them in previously was Six Feet Under and Buffy/Angel, respectively. Julie was the reason I initially found Dexter and gave it a chance. I’ve been hooked ever since.

Dexter has incredible writing, quality acting in both the lead and supporting roles, and a brilliant production team. I was skeptical that they’d be able to pull off a high quality Season 2, but the creators managed to supercede what they’d done in Season 1. I’m stoked to see if they can continue the magic in Season 3.

Too many things in my life to do; I don’t have the time to waste with commercials. I only watch Hulu or Joost when I’m really desperate. Generally it’s Netflix all the way. I was so psyched when they finally got instant viewing up and running for the Mac. Just watched the first episode of Season 2 of Heroes. Kind of curious to see if it’s as bad as I’ve heard from everyone.

Not sure if the house is yours or belongs to someone else, but people making you change the channel is unacceptable. I suppose you *could* get a Tivo or Netflix the DVDs, but finding more compatible roommates is the way I’d go. People who can’t appreciate Dexter leave something to be desired. Or is this family you’re talking about?

I didn’t even know they made a non-Showtime version. Where do they air that? Or are you referring to the DVD sets? I would think those would be the same content as the Showtime editions, but maybe not.

I’ve watched the first two seasons and didn’t notice you spoiling anything from season three. If you’re going to put spoilers in your post, I’d recommend putting "spoiler alert" in ALL CAPS or bold just prior to where you’re about to do so. That will give readers a heads up so they don’t accidentally stumble across a spoiler reading along the plain text. If there had been a spoiler in your post I would have been highly annoyed with you.

Does it measure up to Dexter and Six Feet Under? How about Blood Ties? I’d written it off as just another Vampire show until I saw Alan Ball was involved/created it. Then my brother told me Anna Panquin plays the lead, so I’ll probably be Netflixing at least the first disc of Season 1.

I’m still highly annoyed that HBO doesn’t offer their content anywhere online for legal purchase. You’d think they’d want the additional revenue, but I guess they *like* forcing people to go torrent their material. That’s just not my thing.

there are places online where you can watch all the seasons for free…not that i recommend that because its illegal and stuff…*cough*

I’m going to hell because i need a vacation

Did you have to give up Showtime because of the price? It is on the highest tier of my cable. Not sure how long I can keep it.

I have seasons 1 and 2, but am waiting for Season 3 to come out since I don’t have Showtime any more :-( .  I love Michael C Hall, he was great in Six Feet Under too.

is that when they are done with the source material (the TV series is based on book for those of you who were unaware), you can still make up all kinds of viable situations for which murder and dismemberment to insue.

I’m going to hell because i need a vacation

To keep watching good tv like Dexter. It’s worth the time investment.

"Next thing I know, I’m running for my life. And all I could think was if something were to ever happen to me, how sad I’d be, you know?"- Gob Bluth

This is my favorite show. Love it. That is all.

& watch what the hell you want to!

WOOF, WOOF

-but I seem to be the only one who likes it in the house, because everyone always makes me change the channel when it’s on.

Ooops, Sorry about the spoilers for those of you that do not have Showtime. Dexter has finished the 3rd season and it is a much more violent foulmouthed experience than the non-cable version. It doesn’t hold a candle to Perry D, but then he doesn’t have his own show yet. 

"I tried to stand up and fly straight, but it wasn’t easy with that sumbitch in the White House. I dunno. They say he’s a decent man, so maybe his advisors are confused."

in Oz so far. On popular shows we might get them in the same week that they air in the US, but most we get after the end of the run in N.A. Looking forward to Season 2. It’s a great show. I just finished listening to "Diary of a MadMan" and think that is what Dexter would be if they didn’t have to deal with censors. 

ttfn, piipster

I’ve watched all of Season 1 & 2, nothing of Season 3 – SO NO FAWKIN SPOILERS! One of the best shows ever.

It really is one of the best shows currently on tv. Dexter is one of those characters like The Shield’s Vic Mackey in the sense that no matter what they do, you still like and root for them. Michael C. Hall does an excellent job portraying Dexter.

one of my favorites.(we need folk like Dexter) I’m not a big TV watcher but I will watch this show & HBO’s True Blood. SixFeet Under was another I used to watch so sad it ended.CryDon’t Start Nothin’ Won’t Be Nothin’

one of my favorite shows ever

Chew the womb, seal the tomb, leave the dead behind

A show were you are rooting for a serial killer. Does it get any better than that? The lead is a guy who kills his own brother, the best man in his wedding, a friend of the family and many many other people.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.