This topic contains 42 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pons Matal Pons Matal 5 years, 11 months ago.

Denver Tour Stop

• Profile photo of Pons Matal

GirlCo’s coming to town and gonna raise a ruckus!

"Get off… the nuclear… warhead."

Profile photo of Pons Matal

I think Dallas took the lead last night. Now Its up to Minneapolis and D.C. to represent!

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

I’m ready to go!!!!!!!!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Profile photo of Gmork

I guess I was just looking for a reason to show up in denver too :) *hugs*

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne –

is my hero!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

FDO twittered the combined Houston & Dallas total at 143 this morning.  78 in Dallas, that would make the official tally for Houston 65.

button????  Someone needs to press the off switch!!!!

Profile photo of Gmork

MuchAdo is gonna come after me for stirring up more trouble (heee heee) but Housotn had a 50-ish number of people come out for the signing. Translation: Denver ate Houston alive!

Although we were trying to convince the FDO that Dallas and Houston should be counted as one…so there is still hope that MuchAdo wont need to make a trip to Denver next yearWink

Profile photo of CPK IrishmanFromOhio

great make-up! I hope its not a permanenet tattoo? That would have HURT.lol.

The Irishman from Ohio

Profile photo of Maia W

So does anyone know how many officially showed up at Houston?  

Phoenix really made a run at it, but couldn’t quite overcome the Mile High Magic!  Now Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper may not agree, but I absolutely DO want to see Denver destroyed in a cataclysmic blaze of glory in Sigler short story.  

For now I’ll remain optimisticly hopeful…  The Broncos couldn’t make it into the playoffs this year, but it looks like the Denver Junkies managed to work out an invitation to the big dance and could… go… all.. the… WAY!!!

———–

KnitWitch

Profile photo of Wolf

when Pandemic hits the shelves!

boat trip?

jet trip?  

WOOF, WOOF

I wouldn’t miss it and CB would never forgive me if I did!!!!

1) You went to Berea College – I went to graduate school at the University of Kentucky!!!

2) You are a Cancer – I am a Cancer! We are talking astrological signs here guys!!!!!!

3) You are 5’4" – I am 5’4"!

4) your occupation is survival – my occupation is survival!

I’ll still fly to Denver next year just to hang out with KnitWitch and the Denver gang!!!!!!

I believe if you look in the "See you in Houston" forum you will see that Wallerdad places the number of junkies in Houston at 120!!!!!  And that is the total I’m going with! Mwwahhhhaaaaaaa!

Profile photo of Gmork

So, MuchAdo — Hope you like flying, cause while it was great to meet the 50-ish number of people that came out to Houston, it didn’t quite win that bet for you!

Profile photo of athanas

Met some cool folks and actually found a soild new bar down in LoDo; (mind boggling, I know).

Thanks again for getting me hooked on this stuff, Voodoo.  Time for a wicked binge this weekend.

Profile photo of Steve Bickel (Voodoo)

Badass meeting all of you.  Looking forward to future events. 

V

Profile photo of Maia W

Nah, I’m from farther up north (Boulder County).  I was trying to get around and meet folks but don’t know if we chatted…

———–

KnitWitch

http://www.knitwitchzone.com

Profile photo of Maia W

I thought Seattle’s 60 was a new Stank Tour record?  But hey, I like a challenge and I’d love to meet you in Denver next year, MuchAdo – 75 it is!

It’s on, chica!  

I suppose if you somehow manage to pull off beating Denver’s record, it wouldn’t be SO bad to hang with some Junkies in Houston next year!  While I absolutely want Denver to win, this OJ can’t begrudge the FDO having a packed room of Junkies at any and every stop on the tour!

———–

KnitWitch

http://www.knitwitchzone.com

Profile photo of ogreoregon

Wow, this is so amazing, we are taking it to a new level…I don’t know who I am hoping wins this contest… and the Whole Town gets destroyed by SigIer. I think since Houston was so historically "The Place to be" for Infected, I might have to go and throw my support toward them. ( Being the place that Jam earned his S.H.I.T.) Hmmmm……
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

Rounding up 71 people to put Seattle to shame!!!!  Way to go!  However, that still pales in comparison to the 75 that Houston had last year. Tongue out Twenty bucks says Houston tops 75 this year.  Are you in???????  We can play this game with the twenty as well as others who shall remain unnamed at this time.  If Houston tops Denver then you have to join us in Houston next year.  If Denver tops Houston, I’ll join Denver next year.  I’m throwing down the gauntlet!  

Profile photo of Jesse Sharrow

My wife and I had a blast. Great turn out and everyone there was very cool.

Scott: I think you made my wifes year hugging her at the end! :-P

Knitwitch: Do you live in the springs? We werent sure if that was you.

Profile photo of Jack Kirk

70+ Junkies! BOO YA!

I had a blast meeting the King and the people who I forced to come had a good time too.

Profile photo of Maia W

My buddies and I had a blast meeting Scott in-person finally and will be working to get my pics posted around the web soon.  I can’t wait to see the pics of the crowd — 71 (I think) Mile High Junkies!!!  Way to go DENVER!

———–
    KnitWitch

Profile photo of Chris Rogers

Scott thanks for hanging out and thanks for giving my wife nightmares! I can’t wait till next time!

70+ Junkies, Denver rules!

Profile photo of joe carlson

I had a great time at the Denver stop, thanks for making it out. 

70+ junkies, eat that Seattle! 

Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

show us the gang of Denver Junkies.

Profile photo of Jermaine Smith

Jermainevnt

Fear The Devil Puff

Profile photo of Dan Potter

Cool, see ya there

I would say show up around 7;45 to be safe.

Jermainevnt

Fear The Devil Puff

Profile photo of Dan Potter

Jermainevnt,

The sign said it starts at 7:30, but the facebook event said 8, do you know which is correct?

Thanks,
    Breca

I will indeed be there. We can always go to The Wynkoop Brewing Co after its 2 blocks away at 19th and Wynkoop.

Check out this Link also it’s from the Tattered Cover. 

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/Jermainemgb/Thestank.jpg

Jermainevnt

Fear The Devil Puff

Profile photo of Maia W

the turnout should be pretty sweet. 

I’m looking forward to meeting everyone too, Qeldroma!  I’m comin’ from Boulder way myself… bringing at least one, hopefully more are coming from CU & Boulder on their own.

———–
    KnitWitch

Profile photo of Maia W

Look forward to meetin’ ya there, Voodoo! 

———–
    KnitWitch

Profile photo of Jesse Sharrow

I think its going to be a huge turn out regardless.

Cant wait to meet everyone. Anyone from the springs?

Profile photo of Maia W

Seattle is trying to make this tough – 60 is impressive!  I’m hoping that with the 31 that have responded on Eventful so far plus the folks from Facebook & MySpace that we’ll have a damn good collection of Junkies to rival that Seattle number if not surpass it!  The events also been added to the Denver Post calendar, so we’ll see!

C’mon my Colorado Junkies!  Call up that horror or scifi buddy of yours and get his and/or her ass(es) to LoDo next Tuesday with you!  Make it a date night and impress them with you incredible taste in writers.  

Whatever ya gotta do, just make sure you show up.  I think we can pack the Tattered Cover event room!

We can DO this – LET’S BRING IT!!!! 

———–
    KnitWitch

Profile photo of Steve Bickel (Voodoo)

You can bet I’m gonna be there.  and I’m bringing at least one wth me… two if I can convince a Rookie fan to join me in saying hi to the FDO.

60 is a hell of a number… but we can top it.

V

Profile photo of

Seattle brought 60 junkies out, setting the new high-point for Stank turnout. What say you, Denver, can you top that shite?

Profile photo of Maia W

Updating the other Facebook Event page info now… 

———–
    KnitWitch

Profile photo of Maia W

I am so pumped up about the Sigler Stank Tour coming through Denver!  It looks like we can expect to have a pretty good crowd at the reading, but what I’m wondering about is the Pub Tour stop!

Any word on where we’ll be slamming the suds with the FDO in Denver yet?!?   If there are not any official decisions made yet, are there any suggestions from my Denver peeps?  I don’t know LoDo hangouts that well myself …

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.