This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of J.P. J.P. 6 years, 3 months ago.

Curious, as a writer did you first try to go the standard written procedure…

Jam, you should start writing some stuff regularly. We’d all read it regularly (of course); we’d enjoy it; and we’d certainly comment and ridicule. But only because we care!

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

try to cover every sort of media. Maybe even an PDF???

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

more chance then, only a good idea 

what’s wrong with a bit of senseless violence to a lemming?

they’re only going to walk off a cliff.

It’s all about responsibilities my friend…  Got a lot on my plate… would be fun though…  Make me do it…  argh!  Darn you for suggesting it!  Darn you to Heck!

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

Help out the aspiring writers out there

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

From past interviews Scott has given, it appears that he did shop around for a publisher prior to podcasting as many authors such as Mur Lafferty have…  Some like Nathan Lowell (I believe) went straight to podcasting…  Seems like a nice way to do it… 

On the one hand, you bypass all the normal rejections that the established publishing industry throws out…

On the other hand, you’re putting your ‘stuff’ out there without the editing savvy and polish the publishing industry has…

If you use a publisher, your writing gets a thorough going over as published authors like Scott can tell you.

If you podcast and you’re stuff isn’t good.. you’ll know cause it’s just you… but at least you’ll know sooner rather than later…  A lot of authors hookup with writing groups and editing circles to polish their material, generally a good idea.  There are a lot of them out there.  Good luck!

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (ain’t I special)

First, I’d like to give my appreciation for providing hours of listening pleasure on my IPOD–For FREE! I have listened to Earthcore and Ancestor and I really enjoyed them. Your books come together well, and your voice delivery skills are great bringing the book to life in audioformat unlike any of the other audiobooks I have tried to listen to. Anyway, THANKS for the all the effort that went into those books which I’m sure is hundreds of hours.

On to my question…Did you try writing in the standard way and get alot of rejections? Or did you immediately have the feeling podcasting was the way to break into the ridiculously hard field of publishing novels. I’m curious as I write short stories and I am working on a novel as we speak. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.