This topic contains 35 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Nitara Nitara 4 years, 4 months ago.

creepy music

I like music that has a haunting tone no matter what the genre is or the subject matter. If the song has a good enough voice and gets me to to the core its a chillingly good song.

Flyleaf
    Imogen Heap
    Sufijan Stevens
    Incubus
    Regina Spektor
    Medicated Kisses
    Martina McBride

add the bands you think have this same quality.

Check out:

Throbbing Gristle : 20 Jazz Funk Greats

http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=gtM4HjK4I1G&aid=3uDMyqHLesD&sa=X&oi=music&ct=result

It’s odd, and maybe creepy. If I had a haunted house, I’d play few tracks off of it…

Lion’s Tigers and Bears! Oh my…. RPG’s, Shotguns, and Nukes….. oh yea…

I find pop music kinda creepy… maybe that’s just nausea…

Loreena Mckennit, Sarah Brightman, Girl Under Glass, Qntal all have haunting vocals..

In the immortal words of Socrates "I Drank What?!"

Dead Can Dance haunting as hell,  just as a reference if anyone saw The Myst that Steven King movie that came out a little while ago, the song playin at the end of the movie is The Host of Seraphim by them….on a side note oakenfold did a bitchin techno remix of that song….well bitchin if your into glowsticks i guess

Chew the womb, seal the tomb, leave the dead behind

I think some of the bands/artists you mention have a unique or alternative/indie sound to them rather than being creepy.  Flyleaf has a bit of a alt-rock feel to their music, along the same vein as ParamoreRegina Spektor has a really unique sound as well… I love the sweetness in her voice in her song ‘Samson’, along with her ability to produce those staccato notes in her song ‘Fidelity’.  It’s almost impossible to recreate!  While being a bit quirky as a person, Imogen Heap definately has a indie sound to her music. 

If you like those bands you might like Death Cab for Cutie. Also the band Within Tempation is a bit along the lines of Regina Spektor, although they are a bit more mainstream sounding.  Also for a band with a bit beat, you might enjoy Blaqk Audio.  Their album CexCells is pretty groovy.

I like his work. Dead Can Dance is a great! The remix is awesome!

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

Belly dancers love Dead Can Dance.  Lorena McKennit too.
    Secretary General, Evil League of Evil

The sound track to the Silent Hill games.  

It’s the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.

And levels..   Now I have a list of things to check out…  darn you all to heck for keeping me from my work!

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

S.H.I.T. Award Recipient and all around uberjunkie! 

From "The Book of Secrets" for some reason I love that song!

"Get off… the nuclear… warhead."

Tubular Bells, listen on headphones in the dark………..

why do you think they chose it for the Exorcist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYmIKcP7Nbc 

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (4000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

errrrrrrrrrrr……….no eye deer Innocent

I LOVE YOU <3

YOU LOVE ME <3

WE’RE A HAPPY FAMILY <3

WITH A GREAT BIG HUG AND A KISS FROM ME TO YOU <3

WON’T YOU SAY YOU LOVE ME TOO? <3

Yes, I’m a hick, whats your point?

Western Carolina Catamounts Sports update:

WCU Womens’ Track and Field came in 2nd in the SOCON championships.

Go to my happy place, go to my happy place

Breathe, it will be OK…. 

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (6666 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

When I think of creepy music, I think of bands like Midnight Syndicate, Nox Arcana, Dead can Dance, Matthew Schultz, and Unto Ashes. As someone already mentioned, the music from the Silent Hill games is also pretty creepy. Akira Yamaoka is an amazing composer, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn(aka Melissa Williamson) has a very haunting voice.

A nice selection to get a massage to. I only have "A Passage in Time" and really enjoy it, but I’d classify it as kind of an upbeat Enya/Yanni kind of thing.

Never heard of any of the others. What genre would you say they fall into (besides creepy, smartasses)?

If you want to hear creepy, check out what Chris Vrenna did on "American McGee’s Alice"

[flickr-photo:id=3958822882,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3958341944,size=s]

Well, I guess you could say they would fall under the category of gothic music, but there are some slight differences in the way they sound. Both Midnight Syndicate and Nox Arcana would definitely be in the gothic horror genre. If you’re into horror movies and/or halloween, this is definitely the music you wanna listen to. :)

As for Matthew Schultz and Akira Yamaoka, they both have more of a dark ambient sound to their music. Unto Ashes is more folk/classical, but still very dark.

Should have done that to begin with. Jacktard. Yeah me. Boarding the short bus now Tongue out

[flickr-photo:id=3958822882,size=s][flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3958341944,size=s]

Any particular album(s) that is stronger or weaker than the others?

I haven’t heard all of their stuff. I’ve only listened to Empty Into White, and a few other songs from Songs For a widow. From what I’ve heard so far, all of their music seems to be pretty good; but that’s just my opinion.

Mr. Bungle has some really creepy songs for sure.

Polkadot Cadaver is also very creepy

Some might say Gwar is creepy

Twin Peaks Soundtrack and Lost Highway Soundtrack are both super creepy

Stealing Babies is also CREEPY

That definitely qualifies as creepy music!

Listening to the soundtrack for Pandorum.  Don’t know how the movie will be (ain’t seen it yet), but the soundtrack is kickass spooky.

Paul Elard Cooley

Get free visceral horror and urban fantasy fiction at

http://shadowpublications.com

I can’t believe no one has mentioned Barry Manilow! 

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3722083270,size=m]
    And Friend of MuchAdo!

I love Leaether Strip! Probably sounds odd coming from a 15 year old, but hey, I’m not THAT uncultured. Wink 

I specialize in accurate interpretation of your pathetically unclear and dismally vague descritpion of what you think you want.

Cradle of Filth counts as creepy. To a certain extent. 

I specialize in accurate interpretation of your pathetically unclear and dismally vague descritpion of what you think you want.

Switchblade Symphony – Sweet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OklVnhjshVo

Marilyn Manson – Cryptochild http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_vCNevsfY

As much as I’ve made it one of my life’s goal’s trying to convince people that MM has nothing to do with goth this is a creepy song

I had more but I’m drawing a blank now

In the immortal words of Socrates “I Drank What?!”

When the hell was Korn considered goth? lmao they aren’t goth at all!

gothguy720.deviantart.com

So are we considering black metal creepy? if so i got a lot of bands for you. Marduk, Behemoth, Mayhem, Nachtmystium

gothguy720.deviantart.com

“hamburger lady” by Throbbing Gristle

it’s about a burn victim…

Molly McButters is my Homeboy!

When the Big Guy was singing Barry tunes the other day. I was surprised he know most of the words…

He’s not really a Barry kind of guy normally he sings Sea Shantys (No, I’m not kidding)

I just listened to this song. I’m officially freaked out.

“Love is fattening.”

Slug Bait. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojO3XvBIT0Y&feature=related

NOT OKAY.

“Love is fattening.”

Yep, that’s pretty creepy.

This reminded me of another band called Clock Dva. They don’t necessarily have the same sound as Throbbing Gristle, but they do have some really creepy songs. Check out Connection Machine.

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Connection+Machine/2vcF85

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.