This topic contains 18 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Alex Langley Alex Langley 6 years, 11 months ago.

Crack Hits Info

Dammit Scott…

“The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.”

i have quit correcting typoes
    do not care to lose crack hits

the voices do not care about typoes anyway
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

I just like expressing myself with other Junkies.

what’s mine is mine, not sharing

the voices forbid it
    The Math god

I guess I don’t understand how all this hits and point stuff is supposed to work…but as a Junkie I just don’t care……. but I want all the hits I can get, you mean I could actually GIVE them away? No Way. Mine all Mine…..

Crack hits are what i LIVE FOR!! (the voices told me to say that)
    The Math god

My crack hits info actually gives crack hits info! way to go Robbie! Except when I do it from my profile! works from the “leader board” though!
    I used to be a lot like you….Now I’m only ME!

has never shown your crack hits
    just check on the page were it says “Your Crack hits”
    this seems to be accurate
    The Math god

I did notice that I was losing points when I edited a comment but I didn’t realize the were being reallocated to the Overlord. I’ll have to look out for that comment the next time I edit.

I’m not a huge fan of losing points for an edit. I believe the incentive is for people to preview their posts or spell check them prior to posting but I think that incentive is backfiring. I notice a whole lot more people who will repost corrections rather than lose points. Not only does this practice tend to reward users for not correcting their mistakes, it also rewards them for adding no new content with these double posts. Futhermore, it tends to break the flow of the conversation in the thread and can lead to misunderstandings when replies are attached to the wrong post but people are too conscious of losing points and are therefore unwilling to correct it. (I’ve seen this in at least one thread).

I still correct my posts because I’m less concerned about the competition of crack points and more concerned about leaving coherent comments (ok — I’ll admit it, I am a little anal retentive as well), but I believe I am in the minority in my actions. Not sure what the right balance is but just offering my two cents

I can’t remember if I saw this message before, but when I went in to edit a post a little earlier I got a message that said I lost 5 points and scottsigler received 5 points!

No wonder Scott’s so far up in the points if he’s picking them up every time anybody edits their post! Am I the only one who thinks that’s damned peculiar?!?

————
    KnitWitch

Yep, it does seem kind of bogus to lose crack hits for correcting your own comment in an edit.

Could’ve sworn there was something about getting points for replies to threads we start, but so far it ain’t happening. Grrrr…

I just got an e-mail saying I didn’t earn enough points to stay here? WTF – I skinned a shitload of prostitutes and I have the prettiest woman suit in the whole wing and I get no points??!!!!
    Come on! come oooonnnnnn!

Pain is the teacher and fear is the key.

i used to type all my responces in Word or appleworks and do a spell check (since most sites do not have a spell checker for the comments). takes awhile longer, but the voices never seemed to mind. i got over my need for correct typing (since i can’t do it) so i don’t do it that way anymore…………..
    The Math god

make ‘em suffer through like the rest of us……..
    oh wait, that was the voices, never mind
    The Math god

The Irishman from Ohio"I never Get to Get it!"-Wacko Warner
    Meeting Sigler Godd and fellow Junkies at a Pub Crawl.

Can there be any higher goal than “inflating Scott’s maniacal ego!”???

(And I just earned crack hits for posting this!)

Yes, help for the new and the old arrivals concerning the crack hits would be awesome! I would like to see tons and tons of different levels that crack hits can let you achieve. That way you feel as if you are working for a title rather than blindly inflating Scott’s maniacal ego!

I was wondering if a quick information page or FAQ could be posted on the "My Crack Hits" page. Maybe some quick tidbits or bullet points to explain how the Crack Hits are accumulated as well as how they can be lost. An explanation of what level of hits/points are required for different areas of the site would be really kewl, too.(Personally I would really like to see that you do not lose crack points for editing your own posts for things like typos – kinda sucks IMHO, but I digress.)The site is coming together really sweet and I’ve seen a lot of changes since I first signed up. Just thinking that a little information up front to help everyone (especially the new arrivals) understand how things work will go along way and may save some redundant questions in this forum section down the line…KnitWitch

EDIT by robbie: i dont remove points from you for editing comments. No idea why its saying you lose points. Wanted to put this in the comment so people see it above the comments

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.