This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of JT Manis JT Manis 6 years, 3 months ago.

Crack hits for Siglerpedia entries?

• Profile photo of JT Manis

Agreed.

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

but if it is too much work don’t try. But that is just my opinion.

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

Profile photo of Paul Rogalinski

First of all, sorry for the late answer. I did not notice this thread right away.

Regarding the crack-hits-for-wiki entries. As you said, it only can / should be done manually. It is not exactly easy to integrate mediawiki into the crackhits module. The SSO module was already a pain in the arse, and as you already pointed out this would allow junk-posteres to get high crack hits for nothing.

So the only way to do this is by picking a group of crack hits moderators which will have to decide how many crack hits a user will get for his work on the wiki. I would recommend comming up with some straight forward rules such as "Correcting typos: 2pt, Adding 2-5 sentences to a Posting: 5p, etc."

As you can see, this is a lot of work. If somebody is up to this task – let me know. I will not have the necessary resources any time soon.

Cheers!

Paul.

Profile photo of sadock

Again, no idea how difficult this would be, but I’ve started doing some page creation over there. And it takes some work. I have gained some serious respect for Ms(?) Gmork. I bow to her(?) skills in that arena. And thank you for doing the redirect regarding the Pope XXX page.

I *do* think that if we decide this is a good idea, it should be more on a merit based system than the automatic five we get for posting in the forums. Someone who creates a piece of crap like the POS that was the original Pope XXX page does not deserve equal points to Gmork’s Mona Lisa General Siglerisimo. So, I will totally understand if Pulsar looks at this, shakes his head, and says "Nein, that sounds like a pain in my ass."

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.