This topic contains 23 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of john bennett john bennett 5 years, 11 months ago.

Contagious as podcast and book at same time = bad idea.

• Profile photo of john bennett

hell if it taste like chicken,bring me chicken!

rodney carigton

Profile photo of zackmann

Will I want to listen to the podcast also to not miss any rants or wonderful interductions like the on JCH just did for Nocturnal

Profile photo of James Keeling

Like he mentioned in the last episode of Nocturnal, It’s only been about 3 years and for him to be where he is now is just mind boggling.  So sit back and watch the master at work!

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

Profile photo of Papa Bear

i’ve done enough research on scott sigler to figure out that he knows a thing or to about podcasting and selling books.

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

#i will get 4 or 5 copies get them signed and give them away (i did that with infected) buying the book and listening to the podcast doesn’t take away from either, and it isn’t paying for something you can get for free, listening to a story and reading a story are two different things. i always listen first and then when i readit, i find out stuff i missed in the audio http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of nilling

but i’ll listen to the podcast first – no choice really living in the UK!

At the end of the day the FDO makes his money on book sales, like all authors. This time I guess it’s a little different –  a victim of his own success. So when Crown asked/demanded a sequel to Infected how was he going to refuse. I have no problem whatsoever with him doing the podcast at the same time as the book is released as I love listening to his storytelling.

A junkie can never have enough fixes – EVER!

==========

kill columbo…

Profile photo of J.P.

A win win in the world of Red. Or something like that.

– “I just did something involuntary. And messy.” – Sid

Profile photo of Corbin Hilty

Yay Condoms! but for real im interested

gothguy720.deviantart.com

Profile photo of john bennett

for now i have labeled it trojan 

rodney carigton

Profile photo of Pons Matal

Yes, Buy the FDO’s books! It helps feed our addiction!

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

Profile photo of john bennett

if you like what scott does,listen

if you like what he has slaved over then you will support him by buying what you already like.win win in my book

rodney carigton

You rarely see a audio book priced that logically. I’ll have to put my order in soon before Amazon ads that $11.88 exta back onto the price.

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

Scott injects life into his characters with his reading. There’s no question in my mind that the audio version of the novels is superior to the written text. I always donate to him over at Podiobooks whenever I finish listening to a novel. 

The primary reason I purchase the treeware is to support his effort at world domination. I went back and read Ancestor and it just wasn’t the same. It’ll also be nice to have something to get autographs on if I’m ever fortunate enough to meet him ;) I am going to have to go back and buy the CDs for Infected because I missed the announcement about extra content (DOH!) 

* Podiobooks.com , the future of digitally distributed novels! *

Profile photo of Jim Corbett

My Mother works for a public library, and I’ve been pestering her to get the library to carry Sigler.

Profile photo of ogreoregon

Since I truly love to listen to FDO read to me and I love this way of getting the story, I will listen first and then read the book.  I love reading horror and sci fi stuff, but gee, FDO has such a great, addictive way of presenting his novels, I do love listening to him.
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

If they don’t like it they can buy the book. I’ll buy the book but if there is a comercial audiobook I might beg my local library to buy it instead of buying it for myself. My tax dollars and over due fees to suport Siggy. A good way to help your favorite podcaster with money that has already been spent.

Come on would you take the chance of missing a good rant no matter how many times you’ve read the book. 

Yah, But you wont have the new character voices in your head until the FDO puts them there! I cant wait to see If he’s added any new female characters. You know how we love his female voices! Their to die for, aint that right treed!!

There was never a question in my mind, I’m buying the book.  However that was a great idea Twowire said.  But then again I’ve listened to so much Sigler I’ll never get his voice out of my head.

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

G-Man

Rich man gets off work, then buys stereo. Not after f***ing brunch! – Mooj

Profile photo of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

I think It’s really up to you, but I personally will be listening to podcast until the official launch, then buying a book, and reading the rest of it.

By the way, Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Profile photo of James Keeling

Buy the book definately.  At least one copy.  Then scarf up the podcast like the rest of us. His comment on hearing the FDO’s voice while we read it was spot on.  I remember reading the print version of Ancestor and Earthcore after I had listened to the podcasts and the voices in my head were awesome.

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

Buy the book to support the FDO and put it on a shelf. Then once the podcast is over you can read the book. That way when you do read Contagious you’ll hear the FDO’s voice in your head as you read as if he were reading the book to you!

Profile photo of Matt Kriz

at least i think so.  when im listening to most of my podcasts im in my car driving somewhere,  this may not be the case for most people being that i live in the middle of no where but its whatever.  ill still buy the book and download the podcast…ill buy the book to support the FDO and because i like having something tangeble,  but ill still download the podcast because a) its a more convinent way for me to absorb the story, and b) i like listening to people read theyre own stuff, that way im hearing it as it was intended to be read

Chew the womb, seal the tomb, leave the dead behind

I don’t like the idea of having contagious out as a podcast and book at the same time.  At least when Infected came out, I could read "new" Sigler and listen to new Sigler.  Now I’ll have to choose, and only get one new fix.  How can I ramp up my fix if he’s podcasting the same thing I’m listening to?  I can feel the withdrawals coming on already!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.