This topic contains 148 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Danny Lundy Danny Lundy 2 years, 11 months ago.

College Trash Talk

• Profile photo of Danny Lundy

We only have one week of college football left and the we have the owl season. We will be having a new challenge for that this year. Let’s see if we can et more then 3 people to compete.

Profile photo of Twainy

My roommate (and others) went there … always a FUN road trip! Except for those who lived off campus … in comparing rez halls … I visited/stayed at both Mae Smith & Allen Hall … liked the towers better than the triad! Errr the roommate was there for a Teaching degee and is now a MAILMAN … I guess you get out of it what you put into it. Have you been back since you went? GO SALUKIS!

Profile photo of Danny Lundy

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] “Lundy is my agent, Q! He’s the man. He’ll tear the tongue out of anyone who gets in your way.”

Profile photo of Michael DeRose

I go to Indiana University. So, I like watching those games. They have been rather bad this year and we just found out a five star quarterback has dropped his verbal commitment, to the school. Because of that, I have been watching alot of the Notre Dame/Air Force/Navy games.

“Come follow me! Space Admiral DeRose. I am totally not a rogue pilot that commands the resistance’s naval forces.”

Profile photo of J.P.

Yep. I went to Southern Illinois University. While I was there, the football team was…how do I put this tactfully…focused on other things. But still: GO SALUKIS!

Profile photo of GJ

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I would like to watch the GS fight. :D

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] “Lundy is my agent, Q! He’s the man. He’ll tear the tongue out of anyone who gets in your way.”

Profile photo of GJ

*and fires feathers at her*

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of Belladonna420

*ties her up in a canvas sack and throws her in the cabana*

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]’s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

and be quiet!! Innocent

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]’s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

Sealed

What do I get out of this? And I think we can start calling shadygirl SP.

::snicker:: ::snort:: ::giggle:: Tongue out

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

Tebow is a nice guy….. even though he’s from Florida….

Photobucket

Profile photo of GJ

Come here my pretty. Where are you hiding?

Sorry I missed updating for week 2.

I didn’t get to watch much CFB this weekend. Will have to go and find the highlights.

WISH THAT I WAS ON OLE ROCKY TOP, DOWN IN THE TENNESSEE HILLS!

AIN’T NO CLOUDY SMOKE ON ROCKY TOP, AIN’T NO TELEPHONE BILLS!

ONCE TWO STRANGERS CLIMBED OLE ROCKY TOP, LOOKIN’ FOR A MOONSHINE STILL,

STRANGERS AIN’T COME DOWN FROM ROCKY TOP, RECON THEY NEVER WILL…

……………………………………………….

ROCKY TOP, YOU’LL ALWAYS BE, HOME SWEET HOME TO ME..

GOOD OLE ROCKY TOP…

*wooooooo*

ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE

GOOOOOOO VOLUNTEERS!

Did you notice how Manly Oregon was when they beat… Nevada!!! Ohhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhh! Impressive!!!!!

Photobucket

Come one bBth, I figured that you of all people would have wanted to beat me this time. LETS GO GATORS!!!!

And to think LSU didn’t even have the 1st string QB for that game. So much for the quack attack. Sorry Athanas. Looks to me that they should just give the championship trophy to the SEC title game winner.

You See, the PAC12 (Pathetic Athletic Conference) SUCKS!!!!! They are alllllll frustrated cause LSU is playin SEC football! Once the Bayou Bengals started to actually HIT instead of the love taps and tickles the teams on the west coast use, they wanna go home with their tails between their legs!

Photobucket

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

I just don’t see that he’s gonna be worth the $$… but just glad I don’t have to hear about him every SEC game this season. Go DAWGS!!!!
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

He is to big of a project. This off season really hurt him. Coaching change doesn’t help. His work ethic is best asset as this time.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of athanas

Hasn’t done shit and most of the Broncos fan-base are STILL on their knees for this cat.
    I’ll admit, he seems to be one hell of a class act and a very hard worker, but he hasn’t done dick to deserve the hype that’s buzzing around Denver for him.

Except Tebow, he’s a putz
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

I find it funny that you want a GATOR!!!!!

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Woof Woof Woof Woof. Boise State is goin’ DOWN! Let’s see how you play on a green field! GA Dome, next week.
    (We’ll be at Dragon*Con, but I’m sure we’ll find a way to watch part of the game) Go DAWGS! (Gators suck)

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m]

The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of athanas

What the fuck!?!?!?!
    Man, I truly hope that this was a nuts and bolt pick over flash because this pick has me scratching my head big time.
    Maybe I just got spoiled with Seattle’s prison raping dominance in the draft last year.

Look at Detroit, though…JEBUS!!! They are building one HELL of a D line.

I wanted Mike Pouncey for the Steelers! Waaaaahh! Now the twins won’t be together. Think of the children, dammit! (Even if they are each more than 300 lbs). Sob!

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of Bradley Henry

Combat Cook

Profile photo of Randy Hinckley

Make sure to let me know about the next challenge. Game on and Gig Em Aggies!

I have won the Junkie group at ESPN for the current challenge. Better luck next time. :)

By the second round. Damn you, Pitt!!!

CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool

I’m back. :)

Group: Scott Sigler Junkies (no password required) If no one else enters, I #winning!!!! hahahah
    Get in the action now:
    http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/group?groupID=153521

Dozier, does anything have to be done to use the same Junkies group that we did for football?

Profile photo of GJ

So this should be interesting. Spew away son spew away.

Profile photo of athanas

I’ve been drinkin’, so I’m feeling quite scholarly right now and am willing to impart my wisdom on the masses.

N’ shit.

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of Mary Garrett

Tennessee? Wonder how much they are being paid to be spanked. I guess they need the money to pay for their fancy uniforms since they didn’t make the tournament for the first time in about seventeen years.

What kills us, doesn’t make us stronger.

Profile photo of athanas

I didn’t want to say “the ref’s blew the call” on that last run and that Dyer was as obvious as a duck’s ass being water tight that he was down, instead focusing on how Oregon’s miscues and screw ups cost them the game.

But this…this…come on, man, how can you miss this? I saw it at home myself without the benefit of a hood, instant super slow mo enhanced replay that he was down.

These pictures are proof that modern technology is no match for natural human stupidity.

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4d2c80cf4bd7c8200f010000/michael-dyer-auburn-ankle.jpg

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/630917/2011-january-11-0-2-50.jpeg

Enjoy the trophy, Scam Newton. Can’t wait to see you JaMarcus Russell your ass out of the NFL in 4 years.

Profile photo of athanas

that was some shitty, predictable play calling all game long. Pretty disappointing.

After Oregon lost the tittle game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football_strategy. I wonder if this whole section of college trash talk should be converted to a “American Football Primer” topic. Other people may need help too and it would be easier to find that way.

Pages 02-05 of the Kraken Insider show all positions for both the Krakens and the Wallcrawlers. Also, the Krakens roster is pretty helpful since it lists the names, positions, sizes, etc.. for the team. It is even color coded for offense, defense, special teams. It actually helped me understand the positions better when watching a real football game.

Using a different browser.

When I was at Applebees, Delaware was up 12-0. But I was rooting for EWU too, even though they stunned my Grizzlies with that blood red field of theirs in the conference opener. Shocked them so bad they lost the next game too.

When I was at Applebees, Delaware was up 12-0. But I was rooting for EWU too, even though they stunned my Grizzlies with that blood red field of theirs in the conference opener. Shocked them so bad they lost the next game too.

Profile photo of GJ

Does that mean I’m not a CH?

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

[flickr-photo:id=5328397791,size=m]

Profile photo of GJ

It’s the downs that are confusing me.

…or with himself. Either way, we get entertained.

Profile photo of athanas

you, Kali, or Phantom.

but… crack whore much? Cool

Profile photo of athanas

you proud, Kali?

Profile photo of athanas

I was pulling for Eastern Washington. As I’m from there.

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of athanas

I will fuck you up!!!

Profile photo of athanas

I’ve been drinin’ rum all night! Want to fight about it?!?!

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of athanas

That’s why I ended with “you with me now?”. It allows the reader to raise their hand if they have a question. :-p

Profile photo of Gmork

My poor University of Delaware lost to Eastern Washington tonight. It was a nail biter in the 2nd half and delaware lost by one point. *sadface*
    ———–
    Gmork – Wiki Czar and Thwackacutioner

Profile photo of athanas

:-p

It took me 10 minutes to get that to sound right. :)

Yeah, I’m sure she’s got it now! LOL! *laughing so hard I’m crying*

Profile photo of athanas

when it comes to whoring, there’s no better teacher.

Profile photo of athanas

No matter what fashion it happens in (100 yard run/pass or 1 yard run/pass) if the team gets into the endzone, it’s 6 points.

At this juncture, the scoring team has a choice of trying to kick the ball through the goal posts (the big ass yellow Y’s at either end of the field) or trying another run/pass. If they kick the ball and it goes through the posts, they are awarded 1 point. If they are able to get back to the endzone via a run or pass, they are awarded 2 points. They are only given one chance to either kick or run/pass.

A team also has the option to kick a field goal for 3 points. This is a similar situation to what happens when they try to kick an extra point after a touchdown, but is usually from a greater distance.

The defensive unit of a team can also score. If they intercept the ball from the offense (catch it before it hits the ground before the offensive player has caught the ball or recovers a fumble (when the offensive player loses control of the ball,),) and run it back to the endzone, they are given 6 points, just like the offense.

There is also a situation where the defensive unit can score 2 points; this is called a safety. If they tackle the ball carrier while he is still in the endzone, they defense has just scored 2 points for their team.

You with me so far?

Profile photo of athanas

she just asked about how many players on the pitch.

One step at a time.

a pretty good video that explains downs and scoring. The narrator is a little hard to understand and sometimes speaks very softly, but I think you’ll get a better understanding of it all by watching it.

That’s why I didn’t mention safeties.

Profile photo of GJ

regardless if it is a one yard quarterback run, a fifty yard pass into the endzone to a wide receiver, or if it is a kick-off or punt returned 90 yards. Also, the defense could score a touchdown, like if John Tweety intercepted a pass and ran it into the endzone.

The most critical of the down or tries is Fourth down. The offense has several choices of what to do they depending on where one the field the ball is. Lets say it is Fourth and goal(which is less than 10 yards from scoring). They could go for it, then if they failed the other team takes possession at that point, making it a really long distance for them to get close to their own endzone. That seems like a good deal, but another option is to kick the ball through the goal posts for three points. And points are points.

Once you score a touchdown, there is a choice of whether to kick through the goal posts for one bonus point or to basically try to score another touchdown for two points. Most team go for the single point.

Hope that’s not even more confusingLaughing

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of GJ

the further they run with the ball, the more points they get? or if they get a down from a long way off they get more points?

My head hurts

Undecided

More double posts. Why does keep happening?

I was at my pool league writing that post on my phone. No problem.

I was at my pool league writing that post on my phone. No problem.

It’s all in fun, right!? (Go Dawgs!)

a down is like a try… the offense gets 4 tries to gain 10 yards. If they gain the 10 yards (or more) in 4 tries (or less) they get another 4 downs. This continues until the offense scores, looses the ball to the other team or doesn’t gain the 10 yards needed for another set of downs.

Not trying to step on your toes Dozie, but I thought that GJ probably wouldn’t know what a down was. Wink

The offense has 11 players on their side of the ball as does the defense. The offense has 4 downs to get a minimum of 10 yards. If they make they make that they get another 4 downs.

Profile photo of GJ

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren and CBBC Tigress

Profile photo of athanas

Let’s see if we can edumacate you on the subject.

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

Cool

So how do you feel about the new coaches we have coming in? I think VBF III could be very interesting. One of us is going to be getting very drunk.

Profile photo of GJ

I don’t like cricket.. no no!

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

I don’t get Cricket. I wouldn’t know where to start on football.

Profile photo of GJ

Maybe that’s why I don’t ‘get’ the Starter…

Please don’t kill me, just educate me Embarassed

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

I sure didn’t pick’em right for yesterday. Bummer. Now we are tied, Sweetiekins

That’s right! Me, I rock…. Wish some more Junkies had joined in,but they missed out. I have GA Tech tonight v. Air Force. Go Yellow Jackets!

Way cool. Now I have a reason to care about the other games (a little). :-) Go Dawgs!

There are only 2 days left before the college bowls start. So get your picks in and complete against your fellow junkies.

Profile photo of Corbin Hilty

The University of Mount Union Purple Raiders are facing off against Wisconsin White Water in the Stagg Bowl for the 6th year in a row. We will win this year. National Championship #11 here we come!

gothguy720.deviantart.com

When Florida and Georgia play each year. They stopped playing the game at the schools because they trashing the campuses.

Tokbox or something will be required. I’m thinking there should be a combo of shots per score plus pushups for each point. Everyone is urged to take sides and participate! Will be pimpin this big time next year as the season gets going.

this happening? Are you guys gonna do it on TokBox? We may need to pimp this out a little more! Tongue out

We have 2 pople in this right now. Thanks Wolfpacks M Brown.

Or that it doesnt go in to OT. LOL

UGA vs. UF, everyone can join in! Rules to be determined later.

He was in no danger of getting fired. There is talk that Mullins might be coming back. And yes VBF III is still on. We have a very talented team coming back. This year was down because they where very young at several key spots. And no he is not going to Denver. Urban is not an NFL style coach.
    Just think what this team would have been like if Cam Newton didn’t get himself kicked out of school and was playing for Florida.

Bwhahahaha, so Dozier is VBFIII still on? Who’s gonna coach the gators now? You gonna try to get Spurier back?

And what kind of name is Urban? (Yes, there was that Pope) Are his siblings named Rural and Suburban?

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

…I mean the University of Oklahoma, not Oregon (yeah I know Oregon isn’t even in the Big 12)… though I am rooting for them too simply because they are the OU of Oregon :) And yeah, I know that doesn’t make any sense, but bear in mind that I predict pro ball winners based on which mascot I think could beat down the other. Example: Cowboys vs. Dolphins… no question it’s the cowboys, because what’s a dolphin going to do against a guy with a six-shooter, jump out of the water & slap him with its tail? Yeah maybe, but then the dolphin is stuck on dry land where the cowboy can empty all six chambers into Flipper’s head.

Yeah, I’m weird :)

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

Sgt. Renee Jordan PUMC, PUV James Keeling

Profile photo of athanas

Oregon vs. Auburn. That’s according to bcsfootball.org. WOOT! GO DUCKS!!!

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

…whole season. If they don’t play in the title game and it is TCU then the whole damn thing is rigged and the BCS will come tumbling down.

Profile photo of athanas

but after 2001, I’m a wee bit skeptical until the official announcement comes down the wire.

’nuff said, bitches ;)

Profile photo of athanas

I double-dare you, motheahfuckah! Screw Oregon out of the title game one more goddamn time!

I pull for both the Washington teams now that I’m in Florida. In high school I wanted to go to WSU. But both teams have been so bad for years it has been hard to watch either team.

Profile photo of athanas

Growing up, I was always a State fan, but once I moved to Colorado I just started cheering for both of them as I like to see Oregon itself do well.

Seeing as how it has National Championship implications on the line this year, I think I’ll be rooting for Oregon this once.

All Oregon needs to do is beat Oregon State on the road and their in the BCS title game. So who you pulling for?

Profile photo of athanas

That’s why no one takes you seriously.

Need to win the cross state(MT) game if you want to go to the playoffs for the 17th consecutive year…So quit turning the ball over for the fourth quarter. Missed the start of the game so I’m curious about exactly what year throwback jerseys you are wearing this time. Pure Black with orange numbers instead of the usual maroon and silver. Or are they throwforward jerseys? Helmets are pretty cool. Silver with a giant Grizzly paw on the back.

Captcha: bacterial maritifi. thought it said martini at first.

…than UF did. That was the 3rd worst game I have seen this year. The other where from Seattle the last 2 weeks.

But… well, they played pretty well the first 3 quarters!

I’m rooting for UGA today.

I did 90 push-ups in less than 45 minutes a few weeks ago (yes, I am the Warrior Babe!), so I think I can handle whatever score your dirty gators dish out.

But I prefer it in moderation. Shots are fine we have a year to work out the details. Drunken push-ups could be fun.

The local paper did a front page-three page article (small town-not a lot of news) on him a few weeks ago. When I read it, his attitude in college and in the NFL reminded me a lot of a certain backwater QB for the Ionath Krakens. Quentin was lucky to have Pine, Tweety and the guys to “mentor” him during his first season in the GFL.

for VBF III… I don’t like Guiness (I know, shocking! It’s a fine example of the art of brewing, but I am not partial to stouts.)

Definitely we need to do an online version of the World’s Largest Cocktail Party online next year. Some sort of drinking game involved. Maybe pushups AND a shot everytime the opponent scores!

The DAWGS SUCK!!! :)~ VBF III is so on Sister.

That was the last time they had a winning season.

the Gators just all-around suck. Doesn’t have to mean that they won or lost a particular game. Tho I do know some alumni from there that do not totally suck as human beings.

today’s capcha: pubiece announced, — doesn’t that sound dirty?

Profile photo of J.P.

Well, I went to night school and my team can’t beat any other team. At all. I’m not joking. (Other than the night school part. I actually went to Southern Illinois University. They had a football team, but I’m not sure what it was they actually did back then…)

Ryan Leaf was playing for themWink?

Who beat who this year, Beth? :D

Go Dawgs!

I believe it was when Drew Bledsoe was QB. I hate to have to say that as I am from Southeastern Washington so I follow UW and WSU.

Yes the Gators are not as good as they could be this year. But you can not argue the fact that they have 2 BCS Championships over the last 5 years. This year they are very young and inexperienced. But yet they still have a shot at the SEC title. Not that I think they can beat either Auburn or Alabama. Remember 2 of there losses came down to last second plays. They had LSU beat and if the kicker was healthy they should have beaten Mississippi.

So with that said GO GATORS!!!!

WTF!?! That was a miserable display of ineptitude. Someone should be executed!

Profile photo of athanas

Oregon should be #1 across the board!

Undefeated since 1901!!!! Wooo!!!

Okay, so technically we’re undefeated because we have never actually had a football team, but still… :)

STOMPED Colorado tonight 43-10

Ryan Broyles set a school-record for receiving yards in a game, catching nine passes for 208 yards and three scores.

Landry Jones completed 32-of-46 passes for a career-high 453 yards and four touchdowns for the Sooners.

This was a very ugly game.

GO GATORS!!!

Profile photo of Scott "Big Fish" Pond

Knit me some scarfs, you crazy yarn-tying fools!!!

Oh wait… you said football… nevermind.

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

Looks like both teams are not playing all that well. C’mon boys! the game has started!

UPDATE: 9/24/11 Week 3 results

Hello everyone. It is that time of year again when the days get shorter and the sounds of marching bands and whistles compete with the unmistakable sounds of College Football. Here is this years Fantasy game Challenge, the name of the group is, Scott Sigler Junkies http://games.espn.go.com/college-pickem/en/group?groupID=6609 You just need to go to ESPN.com.

And Don’t forget THE ALL-PRO will be on your doors steps soon.

One more thing when you create your entry put in your Junkie screen name so that we know who is who.

Thanks

Dozier1375

Scott Sigler Junkies

Rank Junkie Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Total PCT

1 andreets, andreets 39 41 45 37 33 45 47 41 0 0 0 0 0 0 328 81.8

2 Lone_Ghost_Jinn, dinmingo 38 32 41 47 30 51 45 43 0 0 0 0 0 0 327 81

3 Dozier1375, garfield1375 47 42 35 44 35 54 33 28 0 0 0 0 0 0 318 75

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.