This topic contains 32 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Wolf Wolf 6 years, 7 months ago.

Chapter 18

Just watch out for root rot!

"Just shut the fuck up and do yer job, asshole!"

I suppose it would depend on if it was hard or soft wood…

Me?  Me big hard and strong, like oak! 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

It was a stuffed man, a stuffed man!

ROFL i love it!! 

nope, not at all, not going there at all

(shudders) 

Just ask him what’s under that robe!

I wonder if he got wood. Or can a tree get wood? Isn’t a tree all wood? How would the tree know if it got wood? I gotta go thinks on this some more.

This missive brought to by Vicadin and Jack Daniels.

I liked the fact that Pookie was firing all over the place and Bry Bry fired twice and took out the eyes. Awesome ninja reflexes

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

Yes he did!  That was classic… then the hey, you started firing first!  Those two are great together… 

Pookie had to check himself to make sure he didnt piss his pants

LMAO 

They opened the door, Pookie screams (like a little girl I might add) and they both open up on a poor stuffed nocturnal… Hasn’t it been through enough already! Awesome end to a cliffhanger!

I like the stuffed Accountant, that freakin creepy

He’s exhibited all the signs… we just don’t know enough about the nature of the savior yet… We do know that he’s a creepy bastard that stuffs nocturnals (of all types)…. 

My only question is why would Erickson help turn Bry Bry into the next Savior?

He just tried to kill him after only seeing him.  When he saw Bryan he immediatley tried to kill him just like Bryan was a nocturnal or something. 

My browser freaked on me…  

Many of these thoughts have surfaced throughout the forums…  It’s good to see them in one place…  I agree on the age of Erickson being a sign of change…  Since we didn’t see him actually expire, I’m sure he’ll figure into the plot a bit more.  Most likely as a source of information for Bryan and Pooks…  He did go on and on about his "Plan"… and how getting his ass stabbed wasn’t part of it…  So what was the Plan?  Say he does turn Bryan into the next Savior… What about the Bry Bry Pooks Pinky swear?  Does that estrange them from each other?  Where does that put Bryan’s and more importantly Rex’s paternity?  What really is the gestation period for a child of Marie?  "

All these questions and more answered in the next thrilling episode of Nocturnal – So scary you’ll shit your depends!"

Cool

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam

aka – The PUV J.Keeling

This Pusher likes Synaptic Jam on toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

I have to say Sigler you are one of the best writers i have ever encountered normally i can see through most novels about half way through and tell you whats going to happen, but for the most part man you have me stumped.

Alright I think I know just a little bit…I’m pretty sure that one way or another Ericson is screwed. The biggest clue to this really is you gave him an elderly appearance, which is like a literary divice that tells me Ericson is not the hero overall. I know he may just look old and actually hes in good shape etc. etc. but the writer in me tells me that no mater what he is screwed because age always signifies the dying of the old and the birth of the new. I got three scenarios here that i find to be most likely:

A. Ericson dies from wound

B. Ericson taken to hospital/police/wherever and he’ll be fine but incopasitated for some time.

C. He will be fine but before he can heal nocturnals get to him.

The real issue im having is seeing where Brian fits in to all of this. The way you write his instincts it almost be improper to say he ignores them and is the good guy anyway. I find that really unlikely. Brian and Rex are obviously simmilar the only difference I see is time and a stable a more/less stable life. See i think the important thing with Rex being the King is that he is a natural/abandoned nocturnal, but it is the same with Brian. His instincts seem to be clearly his and not projected from anyone else so I find it unlikely for him to be a hero unless Ericson has some magic up his sleeve to fix him. Its clear that Ericson is the same/similar to a nocturnal genetically so I could see that happening.

See it was my theory early on that Brian would actually end up being the villian in the end because I know your just sick enough to do something like that Sigler, but now there is no real good side with Ericson gone(ish), so I am left to pounder

It wouldn’t suprise me at all if I was totally off base here I am totally in the dark for the story overall. Anyway reguardless Sigler you are the sickest most brutally graphic and insane writers I have ever come across and I swear my alligance to you as a loyal junkie…you are much harder to figure out then Hutchins ever was…

I love forshadowing!

Sorry, but it’s genetic 

why do you have to lump me in with mumo

LOL 

OMG, just think of the editting process for that one!

hell they as normal as mumo00 and wallerdad

oops, i see your point now

quirky is right 

You are so good at creating an unforgettable and unique goup of characters. 

I have never enjoyed more the way so many quirky personalities interact, human and "monster" and those in-between.

You surprise us with something strange and peculiar, lurking in even the most mundane appearing characters, and we eagerly wait to see it revealed. 

*** I am Renfield to Sigler’s Dracula ***

Let’s face it, Scott could write a friggin’ grade school pamphlet and I would read it. That being said … WOW.

"Nocturnal" is building a head of steam that has me panting for more even worse that usual. Scott, keep it up and you may yet have a story that surpasses "Ancestor" in my eyes!

"Nocturnal" is firmly ensconced in a tie with "The Rookie" as number two on my Sigler Countdown … with a bullet!

In the privacy of the papal chambers….   He’s a naughty pope! 

Whatchutalkingbout, Sigler?

Don’t you mean "off the chizzain?"

You young whippersnappers with your jive talk. Sheesh. 

Normally, I would say the word of 5 cops should be enough, but in this case, where the chief of police is "theoretically" crooked, I don’t know if that’ll account for much…

Oh, wow. Just wow. Another awsome chapter, Mr. Sigler.

That scene with Aggie sprouting wood reminded me of a horror novel I read years ago. It was a about a glowworm-like creature that excreted pheromones so strong that the protagonist creamed his pants repeatedly while waiting to try to kill the thing. I can’t remember the name of that book. I think I was something like "Firefly" or "Glowworm", maybe.

On another subject, do the radio cars have dashboard cameras that record whenever the bubble lights are on? Nobody will believe that old Jeb smacked down our favorite SFPD officers without some evidence.

his ability is too fucking cool

Makes me wonder if he peed himself while watching the savior get his ass handed to him….  How far does his camoflauge go?  Did it look like maple syrup? 

The Pope said ‘tit’. hehehehehe

Tastes Like Chicken

Yessssss, my Junkie, that’s it. Feels good to praise Pope Siglericus XXX, does it not?

I’m having a friggin’ blast with this book. I’m telling you now, the print version will be off the hizzy. I have a lot of work to do in re-writes, more foreshadowing, tightening up plot points and making sure we don’t lose track of characters (like the evil cop), but I’m glad to hear the bulk of the story is getting you all titilated.  

Holy Fracking Crap!!!

What a crazy episode.  Cops getting pistol whipped, gigantic stuffed demons on display, folk getting shot, ‘tard being a tree with bugs in his cracks, ships, landfills, piano loving elephant mommies, full-on robotic homeless guy chubbies …

Have you gone nutz Sigler?  How do you come up with this juicy bloody goodstuff without ingesting major amounts of alternative pharmaceuticals?

This is why you will soon control the world, nay … control the universe.  The Sklorno will bend down and schmooche your skinny hindage.

I am your faithful junkie bitch.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.