This topic contains 22 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Thomas Reed Thomas Reed 6 years, 9 months ago.

CHALLENGES??

sweeeeeeeet…………..*
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

…Boo! Boo! So bad it might be good.
    The Irishman from Ohio

are UNBAREABLE (pun intended)

the voice shudder in horror
    The Math god

…are at the bottom tyre of the Adversary’s warrior equivalents to angels. Barnie is four power levels up from them. But, I could be wrong.

Not the damned carebears.

Damn them…

“The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.”

the voices like you
    and are scared of you
    The Math god

hey I like carebears!

this is a fun topic……let me know how it turned out, I want names and dates.
    Charts and statistics. and PICTURES lots and lots of pictures.

oh gawd, seriously, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    The Math god

…then there will be carebears…

“The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.”

you know how to torture a guy…………
    The Math god

i had logged in and the capta system was no longer asking me to type in the words and after awhile that message showed up
    now i could have been logged out because of connectivity issues and not known it
    but i got that message more than once
    The Math god

I am considering enble the captcha system only for the log in and sign up procedure. This should get the annoyance level to the bare minimum while providing the necessary protection against spam bots.

Nevertheless I would like to leave it as it is for a few more days, if this issue occures more often, I might need to get rid of the reCaptcha backend and switch to a more old fashioned one.

Cheers!

Paul.

In Authentication and Authorization systems, a ‘challenge’ is essentially a question that is asked by the server, that the client(user) must answer before they continue. Most often, a challenge is when the server asks you for your password before letting you into a protected part of a site. However, like Paul said, the captcha system is another form of challenge… if you don’t enter the words from the image properly then you’ve failed the challenge and you’re not admitted in. Obviously our system is also set up to log consecutive challenge failures… but it looks like nothing bad happens once the threshold is reached. Since you were allowed to post anyway (and it said that it flushed the previous challenges), I’d consider this nothing more than annoying. Especially to Paul… his logs probably get dinged every time one of these challenge thresholds gets reached.

(aside: in other systems, once a threshold is reached often it is standard to lock that particular account. If no one complains, then the assumption was that it was a bot trying to spam the site. If someone does complain, them the administrator unlocks the account and ask the user to be more careful when typing in their password or captcha words. )

Treed,

I think it must be related to the captcha system I’ve  enabled recently. This one helps us getting rid of Spam. Did you try to post the comment without logging in? Otherwise it must have been some hick up of the captcha backend. Let me know if this issue popps up again, i have still some knobs I can tweak to make this less annoying.

Cheers!

Paul. 

Ya know, until we get some word from a professional just assume you ARE marked for tortuous tickles AND a deadly bubble bath… then you can at least let go of the anxiety of the unknown, right?!?

————
    KnitWitch
    http://www.knitwitchzone.com

I have no idea what this is about. Think we might have to call Robbie or Pulsar in to answer this…

————
    KnitWitch

you understand my confusion and anxiety over this
    I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have i been marked for torture and death??
    or tickles and bubble baths??
    either way, its scary
    The Math god

Am I supposed to know what challenges are?

where the notice for crack hits occurs
    when i clicked to respond to a comment, it happened more than once
    that message showed up above the comment
    nothing happened to my account or to any comments i made, or more importantly, my crack hits, was just curious about what this means and why it showed up

i had the same “Huh?” responce when i saw it

the voices know, but won’t tell me (It has to do with numbers, as all things computer do)
    The Math god

I’m at a loss. Where did this come up?

————
    KnitWitch

“You can’t request more than 20 challenges without solving them. Your previous challenges were flushed.”

i got this in a white box above a comment i was going to comment on.
    what does this mean??

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.