This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Reed Thomas Reed 6 years, 7 months ago.

CAPTCHA is a bit buggy

• Profile photo of Thomas Reed

-wallerdad is gonna have to tell him what that means
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Paul Rogalinski

This is prefectly OK due to the nature how reCaptcha works. ReCaptcha is a 3rd party service we use for the captcha thingies. It’s about user generated OCR of scanned books. Each time one requests a captcha they will send you 2 words from some scanned books. You just tell what you think you see. If 20 other users did the same phrase for this very snipped you are ready to go, if not, your captcha entry gets rejected.

What you just experienced might have been a very "new" book snipped which was not translated that often by other users, and maybe they did even mistype. 

They must have some error-tolerancy over there to let new book snippets pass the test, so maybe that’s what was going on.

Cheers!

Paul.

Profile photo of Peter Braat

Sorry. We don’t want that now do we? 

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

Profile photo of Thomas Reed
    Profile photo of Peter Braat

Hey I just noticed this:

The captcha box also accepts your input if you type in a wrong letter. This isn’t really an issue and maybe it iss omething that can’t be fixed but is that safe. I mean can there be some spam thing that gets trough because of this. I don’t know if there is a lot of spam on these here forums, but with our FDO™ getting more (in)famous every minute will this site not get under attack from spammers in the times that lie ahead?

I can hear mumo say: Do you want cheese with that?

My answer is: No, but I would like a diet coke with that 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.