This topic contains 23 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jordan Willis Jordan Willis 6 years, 2 months ago.

Can you believe this SciFi Channel BullShit

• Profile photo of Jordan Willis

and I laughed at how awful it was.  Ithought it might have something to do with the book but I was sorely mistaken. It was typical sci-fi crapfest.

G-Man

Rich man gets off work, then buys stereo. Not after f***ing brunch! – Mooj

Profile photo of James Keeling

Greetings, SynapticJam.

A thread to which you have subscribed has been updated.
    Can you believe this SciFi Channel BullShit

ext237: I wouldn't know; the
    ext237: I wouldn't know; the only Sigler book I've listened to is /Ancestor/ and I have no idea what "Brian's Song" is.  Oh, and also heard the stories Sigler sold to Escape Pod, but of course none of them are /Earthcore/ or /The Rookie/.

Synapticjam and treed: you're focused too closely on the trees and not seeing the forest :)  I see a story about prehistoric creatures brought back into existence by genetic fuckery, and systematically slaughtering a small group of people trapped on an island with them.  These similarities to /Jurassic Park/ are as close as the ones you're seeing between Sigler's /Infected/ and the Skiffy Channel movie, from what I understand about each.

n8man: I don't know what you mean but if you meant to be frightening or intimidating you're well short of the mark.  Go ahead and "verify" me … see if I care.

wallerdad: I have nothing to say to a post of such wit and brilliance.

I think you're all overly defensive.  I'm inclined to believe the Skiffy Channel's movie's similarities to Sigler's book is just a coincidence.  And for the record, in case you thought I just showed up here to piss on Sigler: I _liked_ /Ancestor/ and plan to check out more of Sigler's work when I have time.  And I typically avoid the Skiffy Channel Original Movies because the commercials invariably make them look like cheesy crap.

To view the thread, navigate to http://www.scottsigler.com/node/1389#comment-17774 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

Profile photo of Wolf

I tried. Made it maybe ten minutes. It SUCKED! Called for the nurse and a morphine shot and went off to my own little world.

Profile photo of Jesse Simonin

Sci-Fi had any clue we’d be watching the Earthcore series after the Ancestor movie.  Alas, like their execs must be like the movies they produce – awful!

Honestly, we need not worry.  They will come back to the FDO and pay him handsomely for his work and make sure he has production input so the work is properly done.

They will kneel under the General’s will.

More Mr. Biz-nass!!!!!!!!

Life’s a bitch, wear a helmet!

Profile photo of Joe Lippeatt

… that Earth Core is a rip of ET?

And that The Rookie is a rip-off from Brian’s Song?

Just checking. 

Profile photo of Peter Braat

the FDO™ has his lawyers circling like vultures around The SciFi Channel execuives as we discus this

And the SciFi Channel guys will be the first to die when General Siglerissimo takes over the world 

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

poor T-rexes. They’d be minced Dinosaur-meat by the time the Ancestors would be done with them (or eaten, that’s also a distinct possibility) 

Profile photo of James Keeling

Is that Ancestor has it’s basis in the actual research of zenotransplantation…  And a pack of Ancestors would so beath the shit out of a T-Rex…

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

-between cloning a species and creating a species through gene splicing and such.
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

Scott, get on that.
    Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

"I highly doubt that would work though on a simple word like -infected-."
    then why did scott change the name of his book 3 or watever times??? This is an outrage! *biotchslaps scifichannel executive*
    Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

if u ever acuse sigler of plagarism again!

Profile photo of Jason Farris

I hit the net and found this:

http://www.legalzoom.com/trademarks-faq/trademark-versus-copyright-protection.html

The best quote: “Copyright does not cover intellectual property such as titles, names, short phrases, and slogans; familiar symbols or designs; or mere variations of typographic ornamentation, lettering, or coloring. This type of intangible property is often more appropriately protected by a trademark. “

So unless someone wants to suffer through the movie enough to look for many points of similarity to prove copyright infringement, the best we could hope for is trademark infringement. I highly doubt that would work though on a simple word like -infected-.

Profile photo of Jason Farris

Any chance Random House or Rogue Pictures could look into that? I mean, come on now…this is ridiculous.

Profile photo of Donald Martin

You freakin ass wipe

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT
    Profile photo of Geoff Schmidt

Rhinoman has a point.

The whole reason we voted for "Infected" was to protect the movie naming rights and keep it consistent with the book title.

http://scottsigler.podshow.com/2007/08/20/infection-needs-new-name-so-vote/#more-242

Profile photo of Dan Campbell

So who is going to watch it? I think this is a good time to vote with our remote and turn off the Scifi channel. Perhaps some colorful Junkie email to the Scifi Channel would also be in order.

Profile photo of Joe Lippeatt

Is SciFi still pissed because they screwed themselves out of the $5k deal for movie rights to Ancestor?

there was something with the name of this film and FDO’s book, I believe that was the reason why the name was changed from Infection to Infected, I believe the book was going to be called Infested first but for some reason they called the book infected.

or am I talking poo here??? Laughing

Profile photo of Matt Robillard

Scifi With a Movie called infected about people who get taken over by alien lifeforms????  AFTER he pitches Ancestor?  Thats some serious BULL$hit!!!!  First place the tanks better role over is Sci-Fi headquarters…..

Keep up a good tradition- Smoke a pipe….

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

-wife looked at me and i shook my head no. damn rip off
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Rich Lombardi

The Dark overlord better be getting a kick back from them for the ripoff

Hate is a special kind of love we give to people that suck!

Profile photo of Adin Putnam

I was surprised to see that same commercial this evening as well. After hearing the story about how the book name got jacked around for the same thing, seems like a clear case of copyright infringment to me! Especially with the book’s recent release.

Rhinoman

http://puttknob.multiply.com

Profile photo of Donald Martin

I’m watching Dr. Who on the SciFi Channel tonight and what do I see but the commercial for the SciFi Movie called "Infected"  It say the movie is about 2 newspaper reporters work together to stop an alien comspiracy.

What bullshit 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.