This topic contains 49 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Reed Thomas Reed 5 years, 9 months ago.

Can we add some sort of "request deletion" link for when people post something inappropriate?

• Profile photo of Thomas Reed
    Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

like what tattoo do you have…

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (3000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Profile photo of sadock

Please help to ensure that Dollhouse gets a full first season!! You can buy it on iTunes, watch it on Hulu, or watch it Friday nights 9/8C on Fox. Let’s make sure Joss doesn’t get fucked by Fox *again*

Profile photo of sadock

Please help to ensure that Dollhouse gets a full first season!! You can buy it on iTunes, watch it on Hulu, or watch it Friday nights 9/8C on Fox. Let’s make sure Joss doesn’t get fucked by Fox *again*

Profile photo of sadock

Profile photo of sadock

I’ve got a few. Two on my right arm, one on my left.

Profile photo of sadock

Profile photo of sadock

and it’s ornery if you care. You totally made me do a double take when I first read that. I knew what I read the first time was wrong Innocent

and now the thread is lost. and I AM OK with that.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (3000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Profile photo of Kristyna Simonson

Happens to the best of us! 

Proud member of GirlCo!

Profile photo of Pons Matal

Is that the only one or do you have more?

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

what were we talking about?

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (3000 and climbing)

I like that 

I was wondering where, figured leg or arm. 

where did I miss it again…

Damn!!!!!! 

Proud member of GirlCo!

Profile photo of Tim Feely

That’s why he is the FDO. Laughing  I bask in his wisdom.

Got a little whacky there for a bit.  Gotta love the FDO’s way of handling a situation, deal with it, get over it and move on! 

Proud member of GirlCo!

Sometimes I like debating just to be honery! 

Proud member of GirlCo!

Profile photo of sadock

And you *know* I could never be a politician. Although I do enjoy debating just about anything. Even if it’s just for shits and giggles.

Profile photo of sadock

Profile photo of sadock

Profile photo of sadock

But I admire the creativity and the ability to explain your thought processes. I therefore dub thee my tangent brother!

Help ensure
    Dollhouse gets a full first season!! You can buy it on iTunes, watch it on Hulu, or watch it Friday nights 9/8C on Fox. Let’s make sure Joss doesn’t get fucked by Fox *again*

wouldn’t want to discuss the politics of my religion. :p

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

No way, hey sadock look a bunny just ran  by. go hunting….?

You are very good at twisting my words.  You should really be a politician.  You’d be great at the debates!

I said "what happens in the past…" someone else said "…Siglerverse in Vegas…." I then went to my comment about Vegas and King and The Stand…

Profile photo of sadock

Rex died in San Francisco, didn’t he? Very confused….

Although that’s nothing new.

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

but Mr. IT i just wrote this. and I hit edit before they hit reply. AH c’mon….. 

Still never been to Vegas.  Would love to go!

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

i know

i was editting a reply and some commented before i made the appropriate changes (happened a couple of times)
    kind of freaky to hit send and you get the message that says you are not allowed to view this page on a comment you make…….lol
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

had his last stand?

Profile photo of sadock

That’s all we need. A freedom of religion debate.

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

Profile photo of sadock

Profile photo of sadock

….but figured something like this might occur again, so I opted for a public thread in the hope that we could come up with a preventative solution. What is the best way to handle something like this when it occurs? PM or email one of you?

Whole thing got kind of nutty! will be happy when it’s behind us!

what happens in the past stays in the past.

Thanks OH great and wonderful FDO. Now go start that vacation. 

Profile photo of

As requested, it is deleted. Shit happens.

And that your were mature enough to admit that you have have said some things that others found offensive.  To me that is the true sign of maturity, being able to admit to your mistakes and work on ways to fix them.  And remember, everyone makes mistakes!   No need to burn anyone at the stake for it!

so you getting everything ready for you dinner KM?

Let’s do that and hopefully we can prevent any implosion among the ranks.  That would be bad.

first it was that damn bunny named Harvey now I have to search for a barrel of fish?

OH! all hail the FDO and EQ! And PLEASE add a delete button or some such techy device for when we have a moronic moment.

Thanks 

Profile photo of Dan Campbell

“One ping – one ping only” Captain Ramius

one must reply in order to make the offense known. 

Or you could make the offense known in a PM so that the message could be edited. that would require a little more finesse and not an Immediate gut response. 

I know on other websites there is a place to delete a message. the only thing is it looks Odd when the rest of the thread is still there. 

so in addition if there was a little note sent to anyone in that thread that says, "this message along with any replies will be deleted".

I don’t know just an aditional thought.

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

you can at least delete or change the content of the comment

http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of sadock

…..could submit that comment for deletion rather than have the whole forum continue to view it. Yes, it’s awesome if the author catches it, but in this particular case, I’m sure MuchAdo would much rather have pressed a button, and had the post put into some sort of "under review" queue so it wasn’t still up in the forum.

The big problem I see with something like that is that a moderator actually has to look at them. And we don’t have one. No one has the time. How much abuse do you think would result if members could auto-delete posts when they found them offensive? Probably the best middle ground is to let authors delete their own stuff. If they refuse for some reason, the offended party can PM Scott or Paul. I don’t know of anyone else who can delete other people’s posts. 

Everyone has their "oh shit" moments where they post something they later wish they hadn’t. Although, some people have more of these moments than others . . . Sorry, that one was just too easy!

Profile photo of sadock

I posted a comment last night, which obviously offended one of our registrants and I’d like to get it deleted if possible. The link when I hit reply is:

http://www.scottsigler.com/comment/reply/1110/45658

Yes, I was on medication, but that doesn’t absolve me of responsibility for this. I perused the site to see if we have any sort of "report abuse" or "request removal" link and didn’t see anything. Do we have anything like that? Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.