This topic contains 26 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Jason Williamson Jason Williamson 4 years, 5 months ago.

Calling on the power of the junkies to help

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum

Jayguana

Congrats! Such a steal. Hope all the frustration pays off big time!

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

• Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC. The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me! UNdead Knight! King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)! Pusher once, and now Pusher twice.
  • And the Junkies did help. But I have all the discontinued parts now.
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC. The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me! UNdead Knight! King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)! Pusher once, and now Pusher twice.

Guess you didn’t need our help, but we did try! Congrats, and make sure to post a pic of your final project!

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words

• One of my leads panned out and one of these elusive kits is on the way.
  • Pre-built, but I don’t care for my usage.
  • And they are charging a few dollars more because they know how rare it is, but only $10 instead of $6.
  • But It finishes that whole problem off.
  • Coming from MN to FL, so it will be a few days before I actually hav eit.
  • Nothing doing today.

Nobody seems to have ANY IHC stuff, oddly enough. :(

• I found a list of hobby stores and their e-mail addresses in FL, sent them *ALL* an e-mail (Hobbytowns only). Only 2 have respnded so far – arghhh.
  • You would think ONE of these would turn up somewhere by now.
  • Sigh, at least the Kadee couplers for the rest of these cars showed up today at the local hobby store. He is sending them out, should have them Wed or Thurs.
  • Also note that IHC stands for International Hobby Corp – So I had a feeling it was dead already anyway.
  • You guys are good, you have found just about every webshop I already found. That’s where I got most of the rest of the kits, leaving me looking for the 20156.

I didnt look close enough. I seen it was linkable and look at the pic and was able to add it to the cart. Just didnt read the top of the table! :(

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Twice Over!

• The #20156 is out of stock on that one. Checked it out over a week ago. Some of the related kits are not out of stock, but they are the ones I already aquired. thanks for trying.
  • The page has not been updated since 2003 and is from Canada – nost likely a dead website.

Here is a link to a site called International Hobby Corp. The item is about half way down the page and lists for $7.14.

http://www.udisco.com/hobbies/inv/IHC.HTM

here in my home town. The owner is also looking for any of the IHC items that can be found. Sorry….

Jayguana

I have a shop just like that down the road, I will call and check tomorrow (tues.) I think they even boast about the amount of stuff they carry in the way of train sets.

Jayguana

• I grew up around there. Unfortunately, I now live 1200 miles from there. And they closed Johnson’s Book Store too!
  • Ask your friend if he knows the Fairfield Mall in Chicopee Falls – My great grandparents sold the land that the mall was built on.
  • I missed the local show by a couple of weeks – it will return next year.
  • Unfortunately, I already checked this possiblity and they don’t know anyone that has one left either… Thanks anyway.

I know it’s still an online vendor, but he had a suggestion I thought was worth passing on:

Walthers at http://www.walthers.com shows…their part # is 348-20156. You can contact them and sometimes they can tell you which hobby shops have previously ordered it. Those shops may still have it in stock.”

I hope that might be of some help.

You can see his train setup here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgfB8zEIXs0

A friend of mine is a model train enthusiast and he says train shows are the best places to find items like this. Apparently the is an upcoming show in Springfield MA if you happen to be a New Englander

Well I still have some lines out. I’ll keep my eyes and my fingers crossed!

• That I have already tried. That’s been over a week now. Thanks anyway.

but I also found this online; it looks like they have 2 on hand?

http://www.davidrjackson.com/FHsite/html/Sales/PageR7.htm

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Amongst my hobbies is HO scale model trains. I recently came across some stuff on E-bay to do a special train I have wanted to do for years.

However, to finish up this train requires 1 kit: IHC #20156 Passenger Car Interior for IHC Sleeper car – list price $5.98

IHC is out of business and all of the online hobby shops are out of this kit. I know that somewhere out there is some mom and pop hobby store there is one of these kits.

If you locate one, all I am asking for you to do is to send me contact information for the shop – name of shop, e-mail address or phone number – prefereably both.

I’ll take care of the order from there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.