This topic contains 22 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Reed Thomas Reed 6 years, 9 months ago.

bookstore support

• Profile photo of Thomas Reed

just got a degree in german
    she hasn’t a clue what to do with it
    thinking foreign service as a translator
    * Murder at Avedon Hill – http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/
    * Numbers are the keys that unlock the universe…

Profile photo of Tara Kubba

I’m probably from there. Just not British, even though I’ve lived here all my life. And not American.
    Middle Eastern, Spanish, French, Maori according to my grandfather, Irish, Italian,
    I think thats it.
    *~*
    My thoughts this week: Waiting is an essential part of junkie life.
    John Barrowman has amazing teeth and he hugs well good. I love him so much. What a waste.

Profile photo of James Keeling

An international vixen… You should become an assassin… Maybe the dark overlord will use you in one of his books…. Of course he did already have that crazy chick in Earthcore…

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

I’m dark. French people think I’m french. And a Greek girl at school insists I’m greek. In France people were asking me for directions. Funny thing, I’m actually part spanish but I don’t know a word of it.
    *~*
    John Barrowman has amazing teeth and he hugs well good. I love him so much. What a waste.

Profile photo of Richard Damge

yeah, i liked the germans too, and they do have really good bread, but their beer truly is the nectar of the gods !

The older germans were really cool about having us around. One guy lived in the house next to us and he was a POW during WWII. Had nothing but good to say about how he was treated and the americans in general. Always brought us fresh bread and homemade schnapps… Crazy thing about bread, they had the best bread, but they always wanted us to bring them WonderBread… It’s so light and delicious they would say… and it’s already cut!

it was funny…

They’re into their sports too. Rode my mountain bike in a race down there and they lined the entire 10K cheering everyone, even those of us who were dogging it up the steep hills… Good people…

I like the new animated gif… I’ve got to clean mine up a bit…

hopefully when the dark overlord conquers the world he’ll make English the official language. I spent 2 years in germany (army) and didn’t have good experiences in france. next time the french get their ass kicked we should stay out of it

The germans were great. I would start speaking german, say “meine deutch es nicht zehr gut” and they would smile wide and say in english “Your german is very good” and we’d speak a hodge podge of both… had a great time… Good to get back home after 4 years though.

don’t feel bad treed, i went to high school in so california and took german

spoke french to them and got what I wanted. For about a month and a half I stayed in Nice with friends and barely had to speak l’anglais.
    *~*

You cannot speak french… Only Ze French can speak ze french…

or whatever…

I spent 4 years in Germany. Took some german. Had a great time working to converse with the locals. Went across into France a few times… Along the tourist routes it was alright. But quite a few times, off the beaten path, they would just get mad at me for trying to speak french. I’d switch over to Deutch, which would piss them off more, and by the time I get to english, you can just forget it… Not my idea of friendly natives…

It’s vive la révolution.
    Je pense. I took french for 9 years… Not that it’s helping now. Viva can work too I think, but vive came to me first.
    *~*

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

i forgot
    i even took french in high school, back when dinosaurs ruled the planet

i live in TEXAS and i took french?? dumb dumb dumb

Profile photo of Donald Martin

But I agree with mumo on something. I will be getting my copy on April 1st and having the future leader of mankind sign it on April 11th.

Wallerdad

Way to go Bubbah!!!

(whispers) chicken scissors

Faggity Shitter Shitter Dicker Pricker

Like in “Viva la revolutio’n” or whatever they said as they stormed the bastille and beheaded all those nice people…

and sure, come on down, i plan on taking the day off (for several reasons)
    wifey and kiddoes are coming with me

The uk cover art isn’t as great. It’s a green eye with a triangle pupil, but it looks more forced. It has the tagline ‘when you hear the voices it’s already too late’. Also, amazon.co.uk says i comes out 10th july. It’s for £6.99, that’s about $14, and it’s a paperback. Good price, Palahniuk and King go for about £8. (only because they’re the last two authors i bought). No word on amazon about a uk hardback. Earthcore is going for £51.01 and Ancestor is going for £52.59, on the amazon marketplace.
    *~*

the 11th of April… Can I get a ride?

Just as an aside… I’ve already pre-ordered a couple of copies online… but now it looks like I’ll have to buy a couple more from the brick and mortar place too… It’s still worth it…

Viva la Sigler!
    p.s. I am not and never will be french….

Profile photo of

The UK version comes out July 1 or so. You can contact Hodder & Stoughton publishers and plead for an ealier date. They bought the book a few months after Crown did, so the book comes out a few months after the US version. Australia also is July 1.

I got them to check on the system at Borders and the UK edition doesn’t come out till JULY! I’m checking in Waterstones this weekend, see if it’s just Borders, or if the actual UK publication date is 1st July. Gutted!
    I’ll be back with updates.
    Also, this might just be the Birmingham branches (Glasgow got some books in early before) so if anyone else around the UK can check this out, that would be great.
    *~*

i plan on showing up in houston with book in hand
    now the question is, when is that??

just wanted to say how much i appreciate the fact that the DARK OVERLORD puts his stories out there for free. but world domination requires cold hard cash, and a lot of it. so like the Sigler said on April 1 i hope everyone calling themselves a junkie gets to their local bookstore and buys His book. that way he can continue to entertain us for free

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.