This topic contains 351 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of athanas athanas 2 years, 4 months ago.

Biggest Junkie Looser – 6 week challenge

• Profile photo of athanas

While not part of the challenge, I’ve been working my ass off the last couple of months.
    I’m getting close to breaking into the 220’s (something I haven’t seen since high school) and will start slinging iron in another week when lax season is over.

So far, I’ve just been doing cardio and cleaning my diet WAY up, (who knew that exercise and a good diet help you lose weight…somebody should tell the masses,).

While my main goal is overall better fitness, I’m also busting my ass to train for next year’s Run for Your Lives. That shit looks amazingly awesome.

Profile photo of Belladonna420

Come on Junkies! The new challenge starts on Monday! Are you in?!

Profile photo of GJ

You were right, you can’t sign up via a tablet or mobile device. I used my laptop and it worked fine.

The pot is up to $50 Junkies!!! Come on… who else wants in?? ;-)

::OPERATOR ERROR::

Profile photo of GJ

I STILL CLAIM IT!!!!

If anyone has trouble with the link I posted below, let me know and I’ll send you an e-mail invite. GJ claims to be getting an “Access Denied” message. :-

*cracks knuckles* That’s right. I’m running the show now. And I’m upping the ante, literally.

I found a website called DietBet, a site that turns losing weight into a game between friends.
    Participants in a DietBet ante up a designated amount of money, in our case a $10 Amazon gift card. The more people that join, the bigger the prize will be!! After the initial weigh-in, we’ll have 28 days to lose the most weight. The winner gets the pot; if there’s a tie, the pot is split between them.
    It looks like the site defaults at 4% weight loss in 28 days to win, but if the site allows us to do it, I’d like to leave this as a “Biggest Loser” type competition. If not, we’ll go with the 4%.
    If this is something you think you might be interested in, you can join our DietBet by clicking here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    FYI – I think I’m going to start the competition on Monday, July 9th. This will allow those of us in the States that will be celebrating Independence Day to enjoy the holiday. ;-)
    Profile photo of GJ

So we are cooking up something new… It’s Bell’s in the driving seat this time….

Profile photo of Meg Marshall

Thanks. :) Looking forward to the next challenge, to try and budge the other 6kg! This group thing is excellent motivation. Much thanks to GJ for hosting it. x

Profile photo of GJ

CONGRATS DEL! You kicked ass on this challenge!!!

The bad news: I’ve been under a shitload of stress and keep forgetting to report to the challenge. The good news: I’ve been under a shitload of stress and surviving mostly on cigarettes and nervous energy. :p

Just updated my ticker. Lost nearly six kilos since the challenge started (12.6lb). Back to the good food and Zumba this week!

I have a feeling I’m going to have a bad showing this challenge. Lots of stuff going on that hasn’t allowed me much time at the gym and I haven’t been watching my calories as closely either. At least I’m maintaining my current weight and not gaining anything… for now…

Profile photo of Shadygirl

Wow, I can’t believe it’s already week 3

Profile photo of GJ

I can’t believe we are approaching the week three weigh in already. Where is the time going?!?!?!?

The tickers can be found HERE

Oh yeah!! My friends and I are already talking about signing up for the next session when this one ends. :)

It’s hardcore, innit?! But so addictive! I got so carried away (two or three times a day) that I ended up hurting myself and had to take a few days break. LOL

Going back to it tonight, though!

I can sum up my first Zumba class in two words: HOLY SHIT!!

What a freaking workout! But it was great fun! :)

Awwww yeah!!! :)

Profile photo of GJ

Here we go! I just need start weights for two junkies and the page will go live. Good luck everyone!

After five days at a convention – consuming my weight (make that The Rock’s weight) in Amber Ale and late-night sausage rolls – I need this more than ever! Let’s do it! *fist pump*

Profile photo of GJ

Brilliant! Great to have you sticking with us!

We start again on Tuesday 10th. So I’ll need an email or DM with your start weight in Lbs as usual and you will need to clear down the past weigh ins from your ticker for me. Let’s do this!
    Profile photo of GJ

You are right, we were going to start from Monday (just passed).. however Easter and public holidays / chocolate eating looms, so we have delayed the start until Tuesday 10th. So I’ll need an email or DM with your start weight in Lbs as usual and you will need to clear down the past weigh ins from your ticker for me. Bring it on Mr F!

Profile photo of Michelle Evans

I’m in. I’ll clear my ticker so I can start over.

Michelle

You can keep the same ticker but you’ll have to clear the previous data. We all have to start from scratch again. ;-)

Profile photo of Ricky Craig

I’m in, was just going to keep the same ticker if that’s easier, I kind of thought we’d already started so it’s been updated :)

Sounds good to me! Brand new tickers again, right?

Profile photo of GJ

Ok, so lets do this! Eat and be merry for a few days and enjoy every bite ;-)

Tuesday is great. Besides Easter, I have a friend’s b-day dinner on Monday night and she wants cake AND ice cream!

Yep, works for me too!

Profile photo of Shadygirl

I could do that.

Profile photo of GJ

We could do that is, we could start on Tuesday next week? How would that suit everyone?

Is it after Easter? I foresee lots of alcohol (and chocolate) being consumed this weekend!

After some illness and injury during the last challenge, I dropped out and forgot about it, but I’d like to try and budge the Easter booze in the next round.
    Profile photo of GJ

Who wants to join in the next challenge?

Profile photo of Gmork

You’ll have to let me know how you like it.

I bought a Zumba DVD and have yet to crack it open :(

I’m starting a ZUMBA class in April!! Can’t wait! WØØT!!

Profile photo of Gmork

I’m using the LoseIt app which also has a website interface. I find the food selection kinda restrictive so I’ve been using it less for tracking food and more for tracking pounds lost. They have a great graphing feature that lets you export or email data to yourself.

Profile photo of Gmork

Go Dan! Go!

Good to hear you’re almost at your pre-treatment weight :)
    Profile photo of Dan Campbell

I hope everyone taking this challenge is having success!. I am trying to go the other way and put weight back on. I am almost back to my pre-treatment weight. 5 more pounds I I’ll call it even!

If anyone is interested in using an app to track their eating habits and exercise, I have been using SparkPeople.com and really like it. I actually use the website more than anything, but you can download the apps here.

Profile photo of GJ

I’m updating the results now….

Profile photo of Rich Bennett

Keep at it girl. The pounds will drop away.

Well, I was doing so well when I started my diet in January, then I stalled completely for over 2 weeks and didn’t lose a pound! But now, the 2nd week into the challenge and I’m down a 1/2 pound. It’s not much, but it’s something! Hopefully, I’m back on a losing trend!

Profile photo of Gmork

Yay! Even if you’re going at your own pace, it’s great to have you commenting. Goes to show that everyone has a different method and it’s what works best for you that’s important.

I like your idea of working out in the morning. I am a night owl for sure but it would be nice to start off the day with a workout. I may just try that!

Profile photo of Jason Russell

It’s a little late in the game for me to join the 6 week challenge. And my end game is a cruise with my wife and some friends in September. But I have been working out steadily for the past 4 weeks. Because of work I get home pretty well tired and wanting to wind down. So I went the opposite way and started getting up earlier. For 2 weeks before I started working out, I got up 40 min early just to get my body used to it. Ten minutes to actually wake up, throw on some workout clothes, and get my ass downstairs (fortunate to have the space to have workout equipment at home) and workout. And then do cardio, either an elliptical or a rowing machine, for 30 min. I was feeling better and had some more energy, but wasn’t seeing too much weight loss. Now I fully admit, I’m not going to drastically change what I eat. I’m not going to cut out food I like. So I went with better portion control. I down a glass of water or two before eating and don’t eat in front of the TV anymore. That helped a lot as was evident by the 5lbs I have lost in about a week and a half. In the next week or 2 I am going to start getting up 30 min earlier so I can get to where I work out for a solid hour every morning. This coupled with indoor soccer one night a week and walking 10 miles with my wife on the weekend and it is all coming together. Although I think pretty soon I need to start jogging or bike riding while she walks.< ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It has been great reading about all you guys doing well for this challenge. Keep it up!!!

Profile photo of Avinjer

Good luck to one and all. I’ll be exercising more too. I’ve already started. Look at me climb that list over on the right.

I’m 100% Italian. I eat. It’s what I do. But I’m not healthy. My knees hurt, my hips hurt, my back hurts and I have a fairly serious medical condition that is very possibly exacerbated by my weight. So my plan is eat healthier, portion control & exercise. I joined a gym, have made some drastic changes to my eating habits and so far, so good!

Profile photo of Avinjer

I used the eating more trick awhile back and it does work. I was eating 6 smaller meals a day lost about 4 pounds a week. This time I’m just going to raise my exercise level and lower my junk food intake. I’m really having a problem saying no to chocolate lately.

Shall we talk tactics?

I started gaining weight because my metabolism crashed, due to a combination of hormone changes, inactivity (desk job plus prior illness) and infrequent eating… yes, that’s eating too *little*, not too much. The hormonal stuff I can’t really address, so my strategy is to kickstart my metabolism with regular meals/snacking and a strict exercise regime. My weight-loss drug of choice is Zumba Fitness 2 for Wii. SO ADDICTED.
    How are others planning to tackle this challenge?
    Profile photo of Avinjer

I’m in. email sent. Let the praying, er, dieting and exercise begin. Yeah?

Wouldn’t you like to be a loser too? ;-)

Sure can! You have until Thursday to register your start weight with GJ. Check out her blog for more information
    http://whatracheldid.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/6-week-challenge-feb-2012/

Profile photo of Avinjer

Hey, can I be a loser too?

Profile photo of Wolf

I’ve posted some thinks on the challenge at http://whatracheldid.wordpress.com/6weekchallengefeb2012/
    Good luck.

Profile photo of Gmork

sweet! Thanks!

If anyone still wants in, I think GJ set an entry deadline of Thursday, the 9th. Let us know. The more, the merrier!

WØØT! Good for you! I’m actually starting off heavier than I was for the 1st 6 week challenge and that’s even after losing 8 lbs since the 2nd week of January!! I have my work cut out for me, but I’m gonna make it happen!!! :)

Profile photo of Gmork

Holy carp! The last time I touched my ticker was back in Oct-11. Compared to the numbers I had in Oct, I am 28 pounds lighter than my starting weight and 8 pounds lighter than my target weight!!
    It’s really awesome to look to those weights for more motivation. When I originally put my target weigh in the ticker, it felt like such a stretch goal. And while I didn’t make my target weight by the end of that first 6 week challenge, looking at it now shows me that I eventually can make a stretch goal weight. This 6 six challenge is already paying off in motivation dividends!

That’s right! Did everyone get their tickers and starting weights to GJ??

Profile photo of Gmork

Today’s the day people!
    I’m updating my ticker and sending my starting weight to GJ. Can’t tell you all how excited I am to have some extra motivation and group support!!

In the last couple of weeks, my new exercise regime has seen me get back into my old shorts (yay!) and lots of people commenting that I’ve lost weight. But I haven’t really. Only 1.1kg [2.4lb]. As always, I’m just bulking up like a tank. Or what’s affectionately known in my country as “built like a brick shithouse’.

With all this muscle building, I can’t see me ‘winning’ the weight loss challenge… but I’ll sure be able to HULK SMASH anyone who teases me about it! :p
    Profile photo of Gmork

Yay! Glad to have you in the 6 six challenge!

Awesome! 1st thing you need to do is create a ticker. You can do that here. GJ is going to be posting all of our tickers on her blog so we can all see each others progress. You don’t have to show your weight on the ticker, but GJ will have to know your starting weight & you’ll have to give her weekly updates so she can calculate % lost and determine a ‘winner’ (even though we’re not really competing). I’ll e-mail you with a bit more info.

I’m in. I have a wedding to go to in June.

Profile photo of Danny Lundy

What about Richno3?

Profile photo of Gmork

Come on, junkies. The more the merrier!

OK, so we have me, GJ, Shady, Gmork, Pondy, Dozie, Wolf, Beth & Del. Did I miss anyone? Anybody else want in?

Profile photo of Gmork

Yay! You go!
    We’ll all be cheerleaders for each other :)

Down another pound!! That’s 7 total as of today! WØØT!

Maybe we should put the word out on Twitter. We might get a few more takers.

Profile photo of GJ

Ok, so we have @bella, @shady and @gmork – anyone else in?

So, who else is in? We could make Feb. 1 our official start date. :)

What up Gmork! Yeah it is the palaeo diet and I’m perhaps doing it about 75% commitment. I need to break it at least once a week.

In other news, AWESOME WORK ON THE WEIGHT LOSS DUDE!
    Profile photo of Gmork

Thanks BigJohn & Bella! *blushes*
    Part of the diet called for telling everyone about starting it so they can help shame you into motivating yourself to actually stick to it. But 1) my elevated BP was motivation enough and 2) I didn’t want to fail and have to own that. I think for some people that type of motivation is good. Not so much for me. I’ve been keeping a tumblr blog about the experience but I haven’t really socialized that much.

I still have a bit of a ways to go before I’m at a weight I would be personally happy with but it’s getting a bit harder to lose it without increasing physical activity and of course, that part takes even more motivation. So any help I can get in the motivation department …. I’LL TAKE IT …lol

Commiseration?! 40lbs is nothing to commiserate about!! That’s freaking fantastic! Congrats!!!

I’m all for starting another 6 week challenge. Maybe GJ will do the honors and run it for us like she did for the last one… *wink wink* *nudge nudge* :)

Profile photo of BigJohn

Gmork! That’s fantastic! You should be singing it loud and proud! Congratulations to you, and keep up the great work!

Profile photo of Gmork

oooooh Mr_Fahrenheit, it sounds like you’re doing the Paleo diet! I’m doing a similar one although technically it’s the 4 Hour Body as authored by Tim Ferriss. I haven’t talked about it much but I’ve dropped 40 pounds in 6 months and am looking to ramp it up by adding more strenuous exercises (that I should have been doing all along … oops!). It was a really difficult change in eating habits but after 6 months, it’s kinda second nature. I feel a lot better, have next to no migraines (which used to plague me at leat 4 days out of the week) and have lowered by BP significantly. It’s exciting but I need to do more.

To Bella’s earler post, I would definitely love to do another 6 week challenge as another motivator… or at least for some commiseration! Add me to the list and let me know when you want to start :)

Awesome!! Congrats! Keep up the good work. :)

Holy Shit! I put myself on the scales last night and I’ve dropped 4.5 kilograms since January 1st! That’s like 10 pounds! BOOM!

Oh OH OH! Pick me! Pick MEEEEE!

I’m off to a decent start for the year. I’ve switched my diet to the Palaeodiet, or Caveman Diet with a frankly remarkable effect. Bonus features, when I go to the breakfast bar in work I’m actually forbidden from having the healthy porridge. lol.

If you’ve never heard of it the basic idea is that you revert your diet to that of a hunter gatherer (on the somewhat questionable, yet valid and reasonable since the work hasn’t been done, hypothesis that we still are) and can therefore have, lean meat, fish, veg, fruit, nuts and seeds. Fat doesn’t actually have to be avoided. What does have to be avoided are spuds, beans (since are both are toxic in their natural state) dairy and all grains (which includes flour). It basically comes down to a high protien diet, which naturally leads to better health and weight loss. At least that’s what they tell me and as far as weight loss goes it’s working.

Also back onto the weight training and starting cardio and possibly some HIIT this week :)

Time to bring this thread back.

I’m not doing a 6 week challenge but trying to do more of a lifestyle change. I’ve joined a gym and have made an effort to change my eating habits. It’ll be 2 weeks tomorrow and I’ve already had good results.
    I know GJ is also back at again and doing very well indeed. Anyone else off to a healthier new year?
    Profile photo of Gmork

I’ve been blessed with a family history of hypertension as well and the battle against the bulge is definitely turning into a war. Even with losing a bunch of weight recently, I find that I’m not able to keep BP under control unless I am consistently exercising. Craziness….

complaining about misspelled words, you might want to make sure you spell everything correctly.

Just sayin’… Undecided

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]’s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

Profile photo of Pons Matal

dont things get looser? Hee hee, spelld I like that.. :p

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Thrice Over!

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

Not a fluke. I’ve had hypertension and been on meds 15 years or so. Even when I’m in great shape, I still have to take RX meds. When I’m overweight and not exercising, things get really bad. Time to behave myself until this gets under control. Glad I have some Junkie peeps I can join in the war against FAT!
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Twainy

Maybe if it was a dramatic change it was a fluke? Here’s a trick I’ve heard works … when they make you fast the night before … dont fill up on water … it boosts bood cell creation and increased volume = increased pressure? Well maybe it could explain an oddity? Everyone did a great job on this & the website rocked. Will the next one be 6 months too?

Profile photo of GJ

I never revealed who won! I’ll get on the case tomorrow :) Then we can set a date to start over and get the new recruits :)

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I could use the extra encouragement. Laughing

Profile photo of Gmork

Maybe we need to start up another six week challenge! I really enjoyed having people to commiserate in the weight loss effort. I’m trying to shed some weight as well because of elevated BP as well. Definitely not easy but this six week thingy really helped to make me feel accountable and to celebrate (or complain) about progress.

Major thanks to GJ again for starting this!

Dr. visit didn’t go well. My BP is WAY up, my weight is up and my Doc is not happy with me. New meds and a renewed kick in the pants about the weight loss. Let’s hope it does the trick.
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

You losers are inspiring. I think all the weight you guys lost ended up on my big butt. Sigh. I’m going to the Doc tomorrow and he’s going to yell at me for gaining weight. Another sigh. But I’m going and maybe this will help me get my lard-ass in gear. Can’t keep buying bigger pants. Won’t buy bigger pants!!

Profile photo of Scott "Big Fish" Pond

Guess the long hours and sleepless nights are taking a toll. Can’t wait for the week to get over with (last week of the quarter and fiscal year so we’re working mad hours to finish up our required projects for the quarter/year).

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

scottepond.com

so we’ll start up again the following week probably.

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]’s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

Profile photo of GJ

Keep your eyes on this thread 2 weeks today.

Profile photo of David Taylor

Because I would be interested in doing this.

Does someone go into the park and, uh… lift up the dinosaurs’ skirts?

Profile photo of Gmork

Went on vacation (well… home to visit family) and surprisingly didn’t gain anything, but also didn’t lose much either.

Oh well, just keep swimming!Laughing

Profile photo of BigJohn

Hmm only 1 week left, and 4.5 lbs to goal. I think I can do it!

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

but at least I didn’t gain anything either! Smile

Profile photo of Wolf

cupcakes, sweets, fried clams, meatballs, pasta……….

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

[flickr-photo:id=6000412196,size=m]

Husband of Susan, Friend of Junkies everywhere

Profile photo of GJ

you can join in anytime. I’m going to be doing this for months so you can join in whenever the time is right for you.

(Hangs head)… I think I know where all those pounds you lost found a new home (My Backside!) The timing just wasn’t right for me – with the poison ivy-steroids, then Dragon*Con, then Vegas… well, you can all guess that my results haven’t been great. I do want to participate and I’m going to update my ticker with the bad news… I hope we will have a second go-around and I can really participate then.

Congrats to all of you who are sticking with it (round of applause)! And Coach is totally leading the pack (see what I did there).

Profile photo of Kate Cheevers

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Two-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Twainy

Not numbers to sneeze at! But if you don’t have a lot of numbers to lose, just a small change can make a difference in your health and/or how you feel and that is amazing!!! Everyone loses their numbers differently. I hear they melt off men … grrrrrr … and need to be chiseled off women with a pick axe … but any change is hard work no mattter what … so you are alllll awesome!!! Ummm … GO TEAM GO!

Profile photo of GJ

Lots of hours go into my little blog :) My challengers are ahead of me but I don’t care. Over 40lbs off between us in four weeks. That’s shucking AWESOME!

Profile photo of Twainy

LOVE the website!!! Takes guts, determination, will power, to make a life style change!! So congratulations for feeling better, stronger, thinner! I hope your challenge continues! Good luck with continued positive results!

Profile photo of GJ

See how the junkies are doing here

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of BigJohn

I’m down to 217, which is -5 for the 6-week challenge.

It’s 26.5 down from when i started P90x, and 34 down from my heaviest, which was earlier this year, though I don’t remember when. :)

Profile photo of GJ

It’s 1.22% in total since you started :) WELL DONE!

It’s total loss / start weight x 100

Profile photo of Gmork

But I need to confirm…. how are we calculating the percentage change for our weight loss? Is it:

1. Pounds lost divided by Total Weight or
    2. Pounds lost divided by Weight Loss Goal
    Profile photo of Doc Coleman

As a basic rule of thumb, if it is inexpensive and plentiful, it is usually bad for you. Especially if it is a convenience food.

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Profile photo of Twainy

I wish I had a group like this to motivate me to do my homework … amazing job on your ticker, etc … there were some pretty big numbers for six weeks … I’m gonna try not to worry … you are all amazing !!! continued good luck!

Profile photo of GJ

I missed this :( Did you create a ticker?

Profile photo of GJ
    Profile photo of BigJohn

You can’t really go wrong with that. Delicious!

Profile photo of Gmork

It’s kinda frightening to see just how many foods have bad carbs in them. Having changed my diet, it’s shocking to go into a grocery store and see how prominantly placed bad snack foods are and even more so, how cheap they are.

This week, I’m going to try lentils for carb replacement. I’ve never eaten them before so I am really hoping they taste good. If anyone has any recipe suggestions for lentils, send them my way!

Profile photo of BigJohn

Why do they have to make carbs so darn delicious?!!

At least it seems to be for most people.

Doc

Profile photo of Gmork

That’s still a really awesome effort, John.

I’ve been following a slow carb diet (similar to low carb) and it makes all the difference in the world for weight loss.

And thanks to GJ for setting this six week challenge up. I look forward to having some moral support in my weight loss efforts!

Don’t stress over it. Because the stress really will make you gain weight. Relax…

Doc

Profile photo of Mary Garrett

It maybe what I need to keep myself accountable and lose the last 10-12 lbs.
    What kills us, doesn’t make us stronger.

Profile photo of Twainy

Holy Smoke! Congratulations! I hope you get to where you wannabe, when you wannabe! :o)

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of BigJohn

Turns out my starting weight was NOT 251; that was my heaviest so far, but when I started the P90X workout, I was only 243.5. It could be that I was 251 the week prior, but I don’t know that for sure, so I’m just going to go with my starting weight of 243.5. So that means so far I’ve lost 21.5 lbs.

Still, a good achievement. And that makes more sense to me since I thought 29 lbs. was crazy.

Profile photo of Wolf

I’ll do anything to win!

I can’t imagine that’s the most fun way to do this!

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Two-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Wolf

now who got the other one? I’m down 2 lbs. ( of course I’m on new pain meds now and puking & pooping is now my full time job)

[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

Profile photo of BigJohn

My 6-week challenge goal is 210, which is only 12 pounds down from where I’m at right now. That’s not a very lofty goal, but I honestly don’t know what I should shoot for. Just 2 months ago I was thinking, “I’ll shoot for 210, but be happy with 220.” Now that doesn’t seem too unreasonable. We’ll see!

I also realize that I have now crossed the threshold back to where I can feel better about using the chin-up bar. The one that I bought for P90X attaches to the door frame, but has a weight capacity of 225 lbs. I’ve been well over that all this time, but now I think I can rest knowing that I’m even less likely now to pull the whole door frame down with me. :P

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of GJ

Keep at it! You’re going to be hard to beat on this challenge :)

Profile photo of BigJohn

Ok, so 8 weeks ago I started the P90X diet, which is a low-carb, high-protein, variable diet that is pretty easy to maintain. 7 weeks ago, I started the P90X Lean workout program (more cardio, targeted towards weight loss), which gives me about 1 hour of pretty intense workout each day. I’d heard a lot of good things about the program, and was at my all-time highest weight.

I did the fitness test to get the baseline numbers, and took the “before” photos. I’m pretty sure my starting weight was 251. I need to double-check that because I could not believe what I saw this morning.

The plan with P90X is to weigh in at 30, 60 and 90 days. After my 30-day weigh in, I had lost 11 pounds and something like 5% body fat. Next Thursday is supposed to be my 60-day weigh in, but because I am doing the 6-week challenge, I had to weigh myself this morning.

I stepped on the scale hoping to be somewhere in the 230s. When I stepped off the scale, it said 222. I blinked, then got back on and tried again. Same result. I couldn’t believe it. That’s 29 pounds in 7 weeks. Now I’m starting to doubt that I’m remembering the starting weight! I forgot to check it (it’s written down in the P90X book) and now can’t wait to get home and verify.

I’m psyched. I’ve set my target weight at 210. Previously, i’d plateaued at 220 without doing exercise, so I’m hopeful that I’ll actually be able to achieve this goal. I’m trying to do it for my knees, which I’ve abused over the years by jumping continuously up and down on them. They’re hurting right now – in fact, that’s the only part of me that does NOT feel better. I need to pay special care with my knees, even though I’m relieving some of the weight.

Now my 6-week goal doesn’t seem very hard to achieve. :( I’m not changing the diet – i’ll continue to eat sensibly and try to maintain the healthy food, and low-carbs (oh, how I miss my carbs…). And I start the P90X Regular program right after I’m done with Lean. That focuses more on muscle building than weight loss.

This is a pretty good idea. Great way to get folks pulling together. Just don’t let whomever is trailing in the lists get dejected!

Doc

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of BigJohn

It doth been brunged.

Profile photo of GJ

Calling all Junkies – 6 week challenge. Who can loose the most weight? Find out more here!

Private message me, or tweet me @guestfordjunkie

While doing anything besides walking? My workout is a little too easy now since I can’t wear the weighted hand gloves anymore. They were tearing up the tendon in my elbow. The vest I saw at Target looked like the weights were a bit high so the added weight would be over my boobs. That may make me fall over doing the jumping lunge thingies. What I probably need is a weighted belt so the added pounds would be over my hips like they used to be. What kills us, doesn’t make us stronger.

I wouldn’t expect to repeat it.

Doc

Profile photo of Byron Metz

Just recently checked my weight somehow I lost ten pounds. I haven’t done a single exercise and I lost some weight. I believe it must have been all the liquor I have been drinking. You actually can say im on a liquid diet……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

Doc

I did try for a while getting up early to see if I could maybe do yoga before work and strength training after work, but me and mornings don’t get along so well. Might be that consistent lack of sleep thing. Tongue out

Still, I saw this and last night, though I only managed a small workout, it was at least something and I did find that only getting to do so much was better than saying I don’t have the time and skipping entirely. I’ll have to come up with some routines this week to keep it interesting. Thanks!!

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

It seems like the problem isn’t so much time, as continuous time. It is hard to find time to go to a gym, so you don’t always exercise, yes? Have you thought about creating a few 10 minute routines that you could do anywhere? Then when you’ve got 10 minutes or so to yourself, do one of the routines. Start by trying to get two or three of those small routines in a day. Do more if you feel like it.

Doc

Profile photo of athanas

I’ve been to a lot of gyms and it seems to be a universal trait that the music will suck ass regardless.

Maybe I’ll just do the Abs and skip out on the Yoga. That new age music makes me want to strangle someone. Maybe I’ll listen to my IPod instead.

Profile photo of athanas

Quite surprised with the number on the scale, considering how far I strayed from the path and how long it’s been since I’ve been seriously active.

Monday, back to the gym, getting ready for the next lacrosse session. Time to get serious again.

When my daughter was a year old I lost 55 pounds. I had gained quite a bit during my pregnancy and lost none of it in the 1st year of her life. I finally got totally fed up with myself and decided I had had enough. I’ve managed to hold the same weight for 7 years and I don’t want that to change now.

I’m not trying to lose weight, just trying to stay healthy. I’ve always been a healthy eater – lots of fruits, veggies, salads. We don’t keep soda, chips or junk food in the house as a norm. Plus, now that I’m 30 I want to have a regular exercise routine and stay active so as not to turn into my mother (simplest way to put it).

Still, two jobs, an 8-year old with friends and sports and activities, trying to find time to write, trying to find time to just chill, and trying to find time for a regular work-out is hard to keep up with sometimes! Though only if I want to add sleep to that list from time to time. Wink

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I lost a pound at Balticon, but I gained 7 the week after because I was sick all week. This week I am working at whittling that back down again. And I will, because I am not afraid of a number.

Doc

Profile photo of athanas

I’ve found that 5 -7 days of fruits and veggies plus beans and yogurt for protein do wonders for knocking of a few sin pounds rather quickly.
    It’s about as close to vegetarian as I get. Cause animals are too tasty to pass up.

Profile photo of athanas

that mass amounts of ice cream and/or milkshakes are to be consumed after serious dental work.

I’ve gained 3lbs the past three weeks. Between my infected tooth then having it pulled I haven’t been working out as hard. Then there were the Brownie Batter Blizzards I ate while my extraction was healing. Today I did 60 minutes of Cardio and 10 minutes of Abs, burning 546 calories.

Profile photo of GJ

for the last month. I need to kick myself in the head and start again

I think I found it.

FDO tweeted that he gained 3 lbs… I know I beat that. didn’t follow doc’s Con survival strategy – and drank too much. Detoxing now and eating much more healthy. Bought lots of fruits/veg at the store yesterday. Now I need to get back into the exercise habit. Missed Kick Boxing lastnight and tonight. Argh!

Profile photo of Gmork

….because it was more for me to hug! *squish*

Laughing

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

– Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

Profile photo of Wolf

I’ve succesfully GAINED around 30 pounds! (I need it for reserves)

Profile photo of GJ

Well done Jam!! That’s amazing!!

Profile photo of GJ

x

I’ll be having “conscious sedation”. Hopefully I won’t make an ass of myself by hitting on my dentist. He is kind of cute and has a southern accent. Then again there’s a chance I won’t even remember if I do.

I feel for you, I hate anything to do with dental work. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

All last week I felt like crap so for the first week in twelve I couldn’t do my six workouts. When I went to the oral surgeon Friday he said I had a pretty good infection going on in my Frankenstein tooth. Every joint in my body hurt Friday morning. This week I’ll do my four workouts, have tooth pulled Friday, take Saturday off, then if I’m able do yoga on Sunday.

How big is the stone? Is that what they write in medical charts and stuff?

Profile photo of James Keeling

So far, in the last 6 months or so, I’ve lost a little over 4 stone. Most of that happened in about 2.5 month time period… I plateaued for a bit and am on the downward swing again.

hhhmmm… SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #5 in crack hits (Special? Ain’t I just) Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient! Double Dipper and Triple Threat! All-around uberjunkie!

a 5K is only 3.1 miles and there are usually plenty of walkers. My first 5K took me 50 minutes (and I still wasn’t dead last). Check active.com to see what’s going on in your area.

I shall have to consider stretching that out to a 5K route. But I’ll have to map a new route for that.

Doc

Going to have to look into that[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

YOu might consider signing up for a 5K so that you have a goal to work towards. (And get cool t-shirts!)

a promise to walk atleast a mile or so in the mornings, gonna have to start in tomorrow morning. Have lost 30 pounds in the last 6months, need to help it along with some walking and maybe lose more.[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

Profile photo of GJ

to make sure it’s a good result

Profile photo of Wolf

after the rapture? Smart move!!

Profile photo of GJ

woot!

But today I am going to exercise anyway. It has been babied long enough.

Doc

Went yesterday too… great workout. (WW gives 11 activity points for 50 min.!) Still a little sore from the Warrior Dash. I am NOT sedentary! (tho I might be sedimentary)

COUNTS! :D

Way to go!

Doc

More, more! ;D

Doc

Loved the podcast this week. Thanks — it’s rather reassuring to hear this again. Especially with that soothing voice coming thru my headphones.

At most once/week. But I decided to give up the scale for a couple weeks and just work the program and take measurements once a week.

Can’t remember the last time my hips measured less than 40″. Haven’t lost any weight in three weeks but then again I haven’t been tracking my eating very closely. Still working out an hour six days a week.

Profile photo of Avinjer

Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

You know that your body weight naturally goes up and down every day. Most people have a 2 to 4 pound variance in their weight during the day. Day to day variances under 5 pounds may be part of the error factor. You really need to look at the trends over a number of weeks to get a realistic view of your weight loss.

Doc Coleman, the Shrinking Man

Its not a taskmaster.

The scale is just one measure of performance and it isn’t perfect. There are other measures of success.

Doc Coleman, the Shrinking Man

Came across one that should appeal to all the guys here, and probably the ladies too. The Hero Training Workouts

http://artofmanliness.com/2011/05/05/hero-training-the-leaping-ability-workout/

There are 5 workouts here, the link goes to one with the links to the others at the bottom.
    Secondly my students RAWK! Taught my last class until September on Sunday and they gave me an awesome book: Ultimate Warrior Workouts. Comes with a 6 month training plan that looks pretty good. I’ll let you know how I get on!

for now… but I lost 0.5 inch off my ample posterior and a quarter inch off my luscious thighs since last week. I declare victory!

I think I’ll go over to Sex & Nudity and get some choco and booze over there…. My new plan is to ignore the scale and just keep doing the right thing and in a month I may have gotten stable on my RX and get to see some results. Kick Azz!

Profile photo of Wolf

Now step away from the chocolate and nobody gets hurt!

So I was up 7 lbs after the week in Orlando, was going down 1 lb/day for the next 4 days (yeah!) and now I’ve been going back up about 1 lb/day the last 3 days. I have been really strictly on plan for this whole week, tracking all my food and exercising. What the heck!!! I’m suspicious that there’s something going on with my meds changing (again) and maybe TOM (Aunt Flow coming for a visit soon). But it’s just crayz-making. I want to just crawl back into bed and eat chocolate. (Which would be self-defeating, but comforting.)
    Thanks for letting me vent.

as always, the FDO has the best answer.

Profile photo of

He’s probably right. You’re moving a lot of mass through high resistance of water. Cutting 20-25 lbs is going to reduce surface area, thereby reducing resistance and drag, thereby increasing your speed if you can maintain consistent strength. College athletics provides some big life choices — at 5-8, I once cut from 135 pounds down to 126 in three days to fill an open slot in the wrestling lineup. This was not healthy, considering I was at about 3% body fat at 135.

I think it’s worth if it makes you more competitive, and if being more competitive makes you happy. 6’3″ and 185 doesn’t sound that dangerous our unresonable.

I would expect most athletes to weigh more because of the ratio of muscle to fat. Possibly ask a sports medicine doctor? I know that’s not much help, but I really don’t know what the best answer is.

Profile photo of Conor Blackwood

So I’m a D1 swimmer, 6’3″ 210 lbs, and according to my coach I need to lose like 20-25 lbs. I’m pretty sure that’s a bit much? Opinions? It would feed alot of Nocturnals…

Gingers are the smallest minority on the planet…so quit complaining everybody else.

So the week in Orlando pretty much derailed my healthy eating/exercise plan. It was a vacation! I tried to eat healthy most of the time, but the alchobooze was flowing. So I come home and I’m 7 lbs UP! Seven pounds! But I got right back on track (even though I wanted to just crawl in bed with the Hagaan Daz). And I’ve already lost 3 of those pounds since Weds. Something weird going on, possibly with water weight. We’ll see. Gotta get back on the excersize wagon too. Warrior Dash is May 15! Check it out, they have them in a lot of different states http://www.warriordash.com
    Lessons Learned: Don’t go all crazy when you go on “vacation” and keep the boozing to a sane level. (Saving up all my boozing now for Siglerfest)

Small changes do add up.

Profile photo of Vaney

6 years ago, I weighed in at 225. 5 years ago, I rapidly dropped to 180 after cutting down on junk food and stopped drinking soda, and kept at that weight till the beginning of the year. After being so overweight for a long time, I can definitely say I’m much happier now than I was back then.

Keep your spirits up; even the smallest amount you can manage to do counts in the long run. :)

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, Member of the Gutter Sistren, and Pastry Princess

[flickr-photo:id=4759167440,size=m]

but I have cut back on my drinking and eating. Havent had a soda in months, been doing a little walking. And yesterday I got on the scale, and was surprised that I am down 25 lbs since november. So I am doing something right. hope I can lose another 40 lbs. I know I will never reach my perfect weight, but if I can get to around 220 or even to 200 , I will be very very happy. Good luck to all my junkie friends on their quest of weight loss. Fucking hard thing to do. Richno3….OUT

Profile photo of GJ

This week, I’ve been away with the family. Hopefully there is a reward at the end of your trip!! I’m keeping everything crossed for you. Win Big!

I hope the knee gets better soon. It can really mess up the exercise schedule when you get hurt.
    I’ve had a blow-out kind of week as well. “Stuck” in Orlando, we kind of took this as a vacation week. Been drinking beer, eating OK, not exercising much. The scales are going to punish me when I get home.

Profile photo of GJ

Thanks to a dislocated knee cap and a little bout of depression after the serious and persistent threat of loosing my job and not being to exercise. I let it all get on top of me in the ‘why me’ kind of way. But I’ve snapped out of it and I’ll start again tomorrow.

Profile photo of GJ

well done! Some of it was enforced but well done for keeping it off :)

I’m doing really badly.

Profile photo of Vaney

Mid January: 180lbs

As of now: 165lbs

I had finally started going to the gym in mid January, and did two weeks straight of going every day up until an unforseen problem at work that lead to another cook and myself working for three weeks straight. Though, that helped with the weight loss due to me being too exhausted to eat a full meal. So far, I’ve managed to keep my weight around the 165-170 area by eating in moderation, going to the gym and for long walks, with the help of vitamins that give my metabolism the kick in the ass it sorely needs. I’m pretty damn happy with myself; I went from a size 18 to a size 14. Smile

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, Member of the Gutter Sistren, and Pastry Princess

[flickr-photo:id=4759167440,size=m]

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of Wolf

It’s the lonliest number since the number 1.

Yeah.

But in the wrong direction. Since it was my birthday week and I had cake, ice cream, and sangria, I am a little surprised it was only one. Back on the wagon this week though.Cool

Profile photo of Bradley Henry

I could lose one and about 2 dozen of his friends. Combat Cook

I am sure part of that is because of my changes in medications (thank goodness!), but it’s really nice to see the numbers getting lower. I’ve done really well and tracking all my food for the past couple weeks and have worked out HARD. I really like kick-boxing class, great way to get out some frustrations as well as sweat a few pounds off.

One what?

Doc

Profile photo of Bradley Henry

Combat Cook

… of ways not to diet is cancer. Followed by bulemia, liposuction, and cutting. Oh, and that flesh eating disease. I am sure I could think of more…

Doc

I kept to low impact aerobics the past couple days rather than my regular Sklorno class. My elbow is still swollen and has a hitch in it. Most likely caused by falling off a horse 25 years or so ago.

Profile photo of Andreas Kimming

Well what I’m saying is that i used the wrong method and should not be used by anyone else.

Think hard enough and you might think of some ways that are bad for you without using any form of pills or diet plans or foods.

When I was taken off the contraceptive pill, I stacked on weight so quickly that even my doctor was confused and concerned. It completely changed the way my body worked – my metabolism crashed and the fat started depositing in areas it had never collected before, altering my entire body shape. Six years later and I still haven’t managed to budge it.

Good luck weaning yourself off the drugs. I hope it helps. x

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

Hope things are better…

Are you saying that you lost the weight due to some highly risky methods? Usually traiding techniques isn’t all that risky. You pretty much need to be careful when trying new weight loss methods.

Doc

You don’t have to skip a workout, but maybe try someting with less impact (bike, eliptical, swim) I hope that it’s just a temporary thing. You’re doing great.

I just finished my fourth week of high intensity, high impact cardio with tons of plyometrics without a single injury. Then I go to week five where I’m doing more strength training and my rt. knee and rt elbow are swollen, stiff, and painful. Hopefully I can get my knee iced and feeling ok since I have a 45 minute aerobics class tomorrow. I’d hate to lose my momentum since I’ve lost seven pounds and over 8 inches in the past 4 weeks. What kills us, doesn’t make us stronger.

Profile photo of Andreas Kimming

Well I lost around 75 lb (34kg) last year it took me about 6 months to do it.

I went from 224 lb (102kg) to 149lb (68kg) and it has been the best thing that I’ve ever done.

Don’t ask me for tips and pointers because your body takes much punishment and could have disastrous ramifications.

I’m the original Swede

That’s over 2 weeks, but I’m so happy. Moving in the right direction.

Some meds really make you put on the weight fast.

Doc

So I’ve been having all kinds of problems repeated bronchitis, can’t lose weight, migraines, insomnia, a whole laundry list of bad stuff. Went to see a new doc yesterday and he looks at this list of meds I’m on (8 different pills/day!) and says that he suspects 1 or 2 of them are a big part of the problem. I go look up Cymbalta today and OMG! this stuff is like poison (for me anyway). I’m going to have to wean off slowly, but if I can stop with the infections, the migraines and drop some weight just getting off this one pill I’m wiling to put up with the withdrawal.
    So, if you are having trouble losing and are on several medications, look up the “side effects” to be sure they aren’t part of the problem.

I can’t have potato chips (crisps) in the house. No matter how big the bag is, it turns into a single servining! Just brush it off and get back on track. You don’t have to be perfect.

It’s turned all cold and wet and nasty here. I hope next week is better.

Profile photo of Avinjer

Profile photo of GJ

meatballs today.
    8lbs off and I think I might have just put a couple of those back on with my bingefest!

The orange-bag beating flu…hope you’re doing better soon.

Profile photo of athanas

I think she looks better in it…though she may look even better out of it!
    Highoooooooooooo!!!!

Profile photo of athanas

sadly, I’ve fallen off the workout wagon over the last couple of weeks. Turns out there’s some sort of bug floating around the office that decided to make me it’s bitch. It’s not so much that it makes you sick sick, but more so that it makes you feel like you’ve been flogged with a bag of oranges for hours on end. Damn thing seems to last for a couple weeks and I’m currently sitting at about a week and a half.

Starting to feel better, so here’s hoping I can get myself back in gear come the first part of April.

It was yummy and the ride to work today was long, wet, and crap-tatic! But I wrote it down and I ate much better the rest of the day. Going to a new doc tomorrow about the Blood Pressure. I am hopeful that he can help me get back on track and back to the gym. I was feeling really. really down Friday and Saturday, but better today. It’s good to have a plan.

Profile photo of GJ

you are feeling so crappy :( I hope you feel better real soon!

I plan to go and by a new dress when I hit 14lbs off. If I every get there -sorry WHEN I get there!

I didn’t even weigh myself this week, I know I’m up. But I’m sticking to my goal of writing everything down. Did I really drink that much wine last night?? I really want to get bak to working out, but I feel so crappy every afternoon and my BP is still too high. Going back to the doctor next week if this isn’t better.
    Enough about me — you did great! You should pick out something to reward yourself when you get to 10 lbs (I like to go shoe shopping for my rewards)

Profile photo of GJ

hey ho, at least it’s down and not up

I’m still fighting with my migraine/blood pressure issue. Had 3 mingraines in less than a week. Not good for the appetite and not good for getting any exercise. The Doc is still tinkering with my meds. I really can’t workout until that gets fixed, so that’s depressing. I probably gained this week, so that’s depressing… and Im getting laid off at the end of the month — so THAT’s depressing too. Ugh. I have had a good deal of success on my weekly challenge. I repeated Week 1 and have been really concentrating on getting all my servings of each food group in each day. It’s really a LOT of food, I just have to be mindful in what I pick. Tomorrow is weigh-in and the start of a new week. Let’s all just hang in there… next week has GOT to be better.

Last week was really tough for me since I was stressed at work and at home. I didn’t really think my workouts were that effective since I worked at least nine hours and was pretty tired. My Mom fell and hurt her back (she had back surgery about five years ago) and I ended up taking her to the emergency room one night since she was in a lot of pain. Good news is x-rays haven’t shown anything wrong, bad news is she is still in pain and all they want to do is drug her up. Actually was surprised, I managed a 2 pound loss for the week. Then again, when I’m stressed my stomach gets in knots and I even if all I’m eating is chocolate, it still isn’t enough to cause a gain.

I’m so inspired by all the junkie losers!

You gonna buy me that corset now? I think Kali is still wearing it…

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

Goal is to lose 15 more pound in the next ten weeks. Goal for this week is 1.5 pounds.

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

What an excellent idea! I think I might have to join in.

I did great on Friday, only missed 1 Dairy serving, Ditto for Saturday. Sunday I missed the mark – short 1 Dairy, 1 Veg… Mexican food probably wasn’t the best choice, but it was soooo good. I did better at planning ahead today. My lunchbox (includes breakfast too) will get me all my Dairy, Fruit, and Veg. The Meat and Grains won’t be a problem to get in at dinner tonight.

I’m solving my Veg/Dairy problem by bringing cut up veggies and dip made with Greek yogurt and Ranch mix. Yum!! Oh, and sugar-free Jello pudding. Puddddinnnnggggg counts as a Dairy serving. SCORE

Get all of my USDA food pyramid servings. I’m still one milk serving short for the day. Ugh, I hate milk (already had soy milk and yoghurt today). But I got all my veggies! I updated my blog if anyone wants to follow along. http://warriorbabeotp.wordpress.com/ and don’t miss out on The Shrinking Man Project (podcast and blog http://theshrinkingmanproject.com/) and the Lighter Mom Project (http://thelightermomproject.blogspot.com/) blog from a couple of other Junkie Losers!

I HATE them… they totally smell up the whole house. I like the adding it to a salad idea. I also have a recipe for braised Kale. I saw several recipes for “baked Kale chips” but that just sounded weird.

Profile photo of GJ

that’s amazing! Now getmeadrinkrightnow!

Profile photo of athanas

makes the last weeks kinda worth it when I got my cheddar, yo.

Profile photo of athanas

I get some every now and then but all I usually do is shred it and add it to a salad. It gives another flavor to the greens mix and adds a little extra crunch.
    Same with mustard and collard greens, though when you come across someone who knows how to cook collard greens properly, you normally come across an amazing dish.

Profile photo of athanas

January 3rd: 289
    March 11: 243.9

I’ll find out in another hour and a half if I won the contest (it’s based on % and not just straight pounds lost) but I think it’ll be damn tough to beat that mark.

Also, the 3 girl scout cookies I just ate were the greatest Samoas I have ever had. Ever.

Profile photo of athanas

I’d try squirrel.

Profile photo of athanas

247 when I got home (after drinking a quart of water and eating only a power bar since my breakfast of some water and a peanut butter smeared rice cake), 242.8 just a minute ago.

I’m spent. My 17 year old self could totally kick my ass at this if we went head to head…but I can buy beer, so fuck him.

… but so do dog and cat…

I have no idea why except it was all green and I wanted to force myself to try a new veggie. Any idea what I’m supposed to do with this stuff?

Profile photo of athanas

when the zombies come, squirrels may very well help in your survival.

The all-rodent diet! I think I could lose pretty quickly on that plan too! Good luck and I hope you get the big bucks! You might need them for all the new skinny clothes you’re gonna need this summer.

Profile photo of athanas

which is why I’m only doing it this week since there’s cash, get the money, dollah dollah bill y’all, up for grabs. ;-)

After this weekend I fully expect to jump back up to 250 or so and will be able to return to my usual 2-4 pounds a week cut as opposed to trying to shed 8-12 in a matter of a few days.

That being said, if I hit my goal of 240 and DON’T win this friggin’ contest, someone may have to die; I’ve turned down girl scout cookies, trips out to lunch, and even ate like a squirrel at a departement pot luck for a going away party (and there are some damn good cooks at this place).

I hope you don’t get sick, this pace is really fast.

Profile photo of athanas

right on the mark.
    Time to enjoy my quart of water and power bar for the day, then get ready to sweat like a priest at a boy scout jamboree. ________________________________________
    Photobucket

Profile photo of Wendy Groff

I use caloriecount.com to track what I eat, excersise and more. It’a great website for me. It helps me plan too. I sometimes will enter lunch, dinner and see what my day would look like, then BEFORE I eat it see what is in store if I do. Nice website.

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of athanas

weigh in is Friday at work so I’m doing all I can to shed.
    252 monday morning…250 tuesday morning…248 wednesday morning. hoping for 246 tomorrow morning followed by a day of hell, concluded with a night of massive cutting.
    I remember this being easier when I was 17…

My goal is to lose 2 lbs a week, but I might trade in a pound for a Margarita. I’ve had no alcohol for 9 days but I’m going to allow for a lite beer on Saturday.

I’m consoling myself that last night was Mardi Gras and I kind of blew it out with Mex food and Marguaritas. I’m doing pretty good on the Eating Clean this week (except those yummy Marguaritas) and went back to Boot Camp/Kick boxing Monday and will be doing a Mon/Weds/Thur workout schedule with the trainer, then weekend jogging/pilates. Feels good to be back on track with the exercise (man, am I sore!).

I’m just getting started, but episode 1 was great. Your story is very inspiring and the podcast (and your dulcet tones) sound really good. LOVED the promo for flying island, gonna check them out too. Keep up the awesome work, I’m gonna go listen to the next couple of episodes.

It works all the muscles, you sweat — yeah, that counts! Go VKNGLVR13!

Worked out six days last week-if you count Yoga as a workout.

but being healthy is important too. This was a very good blog posting on eating:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/cleanplate/

I have a little calendar/planner that I am writing EVERYTHING down. I can see that while I think I’m doing better, I still am not getting the 5 fruits/veg every day.

Profile photo of athanas

Drink water like a bleedin’ hippo! Seriously, especially if you’re working out; even if you’re not, i think the eight 8oz. glasses a day is still pretty low.

I tend to drink a gallon a day, at least; have been drinking over 2 for the last week to get ready for the distilled water/cut I’m doing next week for the contest.

Write down every little thing you eat during the day. I pack my snacks and lunches too and have my dinners planned out, but find if I have to write it down sometimes I just don’t eat it.

Planning ahead. I’ve been taking my day’s (breakfast, lunch, snacks) with me in a little cooler bag. Worked great so far. Ran out of steelcut oatmeal this morning. Been starving all morning – tho probably a mental thing. Gotta get to the store tomorrow so the junk food doesn’t tempt me! Lunch is roast beef carrots, hummus, apple. Yum!

first “official” weigh in. Starting back on Boot Camp next week. Been Eating Clean all week so far. Feeling better, but still a little sick and a little weak. Damn you Bronchitis!

Profile photo of athanas

Got that covered. ;-)

… and if you need an extra pound or two there is always ex-lax..

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of GJ

I think I just dribbled.

Profile photo of Avinjer

They’re so addictive with all that yummy goodness.

Profile photo of athanas

i had a tagalong the other day. But it was only 1!!!

Profile photo of athanas

Last week and a half in the work sponsered Biggest Loser contest. Hoping to be under 250 by the end of the week.
    Going to be a huge bastard that last week where my goal is to be 245 the morning of the 10th and fall back on old school wrestling weight cutting tactics that day in an effort to cut an additional 8 to 10 pounds before the weigh-in the next morning to snatch up the prize money.

Ain’t I a stinker? :-D

Profile photo of Avinjer

Profile photo of Jon Marsh

My Krakens Jersy fits much better since the first of the years. I have lost 22 pounds and am still on a downward spiral.

I will post a pic here when It fits the way I want it to!

oops…. I pooped

Profile photo of Alex Miller

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes

Profile photo of GJ

Starting new 20 week fitness regime tomorrow called Turbo Fire. I need some sort of program to follow, otherwise all I do is Cardio and abs like I’ve done the last two weeks. Since I’m going to work two hours later than normal this week I’m going to try to work out beforehand. We will see if I can resisit the snooze button. Who knows, this may really help me with the stress at work. When I used to teach aerobics, a morning class, showering then eating breakfast made me want to nap.

I’ve lost 8 pounds over the last 19 days. Next week I begin working out… woo-hoo!

Profile photo of Stephen Wood

So 3 Pounds is ideal then? If so I’ll aim for that a week instead of 5 as I don’t want to end up like fat bastard at the end of Austin Powers GoldfingerLaughing

5 pounds a week, while appealing is too fast. You really don’t want to lose more than 2-3 pounds a week. Human skin is only so elastic, if you drop it much faster than that it can’t shrink with you. It’s also more likely to stay off if you lose it slowly. Well done on shaking some off :)

Profile photo of Wolf

I gave in to my dark side. Damned Thin Mints! They’ll be the downfall of mankind. (nom nom nom)

Husband of Susan,

Friend of Junkies everywhere

Profile photo of Avinjer

I set myself a goal of 5 pounds as I was at 17st 10. something, After one week of 20 minutes a night exercise on the crappy sky walker thingy I have I’ve lost approx 3.5 pounds.

going to look at joining a gym which might have a bit more variety to the exercise I have so hopefully that should help me loose more quicker.

Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3. Didn’t use my weighted gloves but still burned. 363 calories.

Profile photo of GJ

Keep it up!!

On how much the Girl Scout Cookie Mafia needs to make an example of someone…

Doc

Profile photo of athanas

I turned down Girl Scout Cookies today…

Is my will strong, or am I just a fool?

Profile photo of athanas

called “The Flu”.

Just managed to break into sweat lifting weights. It was sweet, I feel like I’ve actually used my muscles. Keep it going guys, we’ll all get there :)

Profile photo of Avinjer

I caught some kind of bug on two days ago and just now getting my strength back. I did weigh in though. 204 so I have 20 pounds to lose according to the army.

from all the coughing that it feels like I’ve done 300 sit-ups. Maybe that’s a new exercise program — brochitis, cough your abs lean! And have no appetite. Gonna get back to it as soon as I feel human again. couple more days, I expect.

Work has me so stressed that I just wanted to eat a whole bag of elf cookies. But I didn’t. Instead I just chewed the heck out of some of that chocolate mint dessert gum. Good thing I don’t have any tequila.

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

between 20-24 pounds since last March. I had actually lost it by August but I’ve been able to keep it off. At this point I don’t need to lose any more but I’m here to encourage all of you and to make sure my hard work over the past year doesn’t go to waste.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

Yeah you may want to get that checked out

in my house! Wink

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

I find it really hard to eat right if I have junk in the house. That’s why I ate all mine during the Superbowl. And finished the tequila.

It helps with the swelling, thus the pain. I find if I ice right away, I can be somewhat back to normal in a couple days. I have a workout video, the one with the “fanny lifter”, I can no longer do because it kills my knees. Hope you feel better soon.

“good” food for the house and for lunches at work. NO MORE FAST FOOD! Also did my first workout tonight – a mile on the Gazelle. I’m gonna hurt tomorrow methinks…

Thought being active would help, ya know ” a moving fat man gathers no more” well my idea was to paint the kitchen, BTW looks good soo far. Any way as I was painting the upper cabinets, getting up and down from a chair, I… I uummm ….Fucked my freaking Knee up. The fucking thing is twice as big as it should be. Sooo. no painting on a chair for a while.. That’s my complaint for the day….. Carry on…..[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

… I’m sitting at a 38 BMI myself as well.

If you liked it, you wouldn’t be looking at losing weight.

Doc

30 minutes on the Ski walker machine thing while wathcing old episodes of SG1, burnt 518 Cals, another 30 tomorrow me thinks.

What you have other “losers” done todayLaughing

Profile photo of Avinjer

The tread mills were full yesterday so I did 15 minutes on the elliptical machine. My legs still hurt. Then 20 minutes in the weight room. I suppose I should weigh in one of these days. Tomorrow is another PT day. Time to get back into the groove.

Profile photo of GJ

It is what it is. We can motivate you to bring it down :)

Me too, time for 20 minutes on the ski walker that makes me look like a total cock

Profile photo of Allyson Bower

Don’t forget that losing weight means excersize AND eating right. try to find the healthy foods that you genuinely do enjoy eating and make those the staple foods in your diet. everything else, all things in moderation! deprivation isn’t fun for anyone and there is no reason weight loss should make you feel miserable!

I’m disgusted!!! BMI 42.3. That’s all I’m sayin……. Frown

Profile photo of Allyson Bower

you have no idea how excited i am to see this support group forming!

Honest to god i really got into the Junkie habit by blasting sigler stank into my earholes on the treadmill. I would go to the gym to have an excuse to listen to the next part of the story. it really helps the time go by. i’ll give scott about 10% of the credit when i run my first half-marathon!!

Good to have you on the wagon with us… squeeze on in, I’m sure there’s room…

… to maximize my punishment opportunities…

… and people are creating advertising opportunities for me on Sigler’s Boards… :D

I created a podcast to track my weight loss journey and share some of my ideas on why we screw up our own weight loss and what we can do to get into the right groove. You can find it, and my weight tracking spreadsheet, at http://TheShrinkingManProject.com

As of my last weigh-in, I am 296 pounds. That puts me down 124 pounds from my starting weight of 420.

Doc

Profile photo of athanas

might as well do it here, too.

261 this morning. Short-term goal to be 245 by my birthday in just over a month.

just weighed in, 17 Stone 10, goal is to be this time next week 17 Stone 5. 25 minutes a day exersize should do it.

into jumping on the band wagon. I’m not going to be doing any blogging or anything fancy like that, but I’ll keep you guys posted here as to my progress (or failures, if applicable). I really need to lose some weight, especially for health reasons. With any luck, I can lose enough to get off these meds that I’m taking so I can finally enjoy a beer every once in a while again! It’s good to have goals!! Tongue out

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of Avinjer

Been slipping this winter. Too damn cold to run and too many yummies during the holidays.

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

..and stick with the program!

Weight loss app! Just found one for the, err missus iPhone….. I wasn’t that excited, honestly

To keep my creative stuff (www.scottepond.com) separate from my weight loss and fitness goals, I’ve set up another blog over at http://scottepond.blogspot.com/ called Chewing the Fat.

Head on over and follow me as I go from being a fat junkie to a svelt and purdy junkie!

Profile photo of GJ

that sounds like a really great day!

Profile photo of GJ

Cmon everyone. Sign up and support Mr F!

Profile photo of GJ

Now thats a health plan, i fell guilty as I’ve had err 6 beers and just about to have lasanga (Spelling) But I have hoovered, ironed and generally cleaned which is apparently a good workout

Did a “cardio abs” from my 17 day diet book? It was ok and something I will keep for days when I’m short on time or need a low impact option.
    I found I really need to fix something and eat as soon as I get up in the morning or I am down right mean. Today it was an omelet with green peppers, laughing cow cheese, and salsa with half a grapefruit on the side. For lunch I’m going to have plain yogurt, sweetened with Stevia, and strawberries with a cup of coffee(I had green tea with breakfast) Then I’m going to shop for an eggplant for a low fat eggplant parmasean for dinner. For snacks more yogurt, fruit, and green tea.

Hi, I’m Beth and I am also a lard-ass. I need to lose at least 50 lbs – whatever will get my butt into a size 8 jean. :-) Follow my travails at http://warriorbabeotp.wordpress.com/
    You guys are all awesome and Junkies RAWK! I’m still not back on the exercise track, but I’m eating better this week. Trying the Eat Clean plan — eat real food, no sugar, 6 mini meals/day… It’s pretty easy since we didn’t move any junk food and I got to re-stock the kitchen with the move.

http://galazy.blogspot.com/
    Follow me, it’ll help to keep me honest.

I started Monday 2/7 on “The 17 Day Diet”, where you change it up every 17 days. A couple years ago I lost 30lbs on weight watchers, but it has gradually crept back. The thing that has frustrated me are injuries. The past six months, one thing or another has bothered me. The beginning of this week, I could barely walk because of my arches. This week I concentrated on my eating plan then next week I’m going to add in some Turbo Jam and Hip Hop Abs.

Hi, I’m Scott Pond, and I’m a lard-ass. A cuddly and cute lard-ass, but a lard-ass nonetheless.

Seriously, though, I’m tired (literally and figuratively) of being fat/obese. So I’m jumping back on the weight loss/fitness bandwagon to get back down to my fighting weight… inspired by Guestford (<WINK>).

Here’s the basics for me:

Given my muscle mass and height, I should be around 190 to 200 pounds. I’m currently at around 270 (Official weight in and kick-off to my progress starting monday, Feb 14th).

So I have about 70 pounds to lose. I’m beginning next week with cutting out the foo-foo drinks (soda, juices, coffee, etc.–> about 500 to 1000 calories per day), reducing portion sizes, and changing my diet. The following week I’ll be kicking back in my morning workouts (cardio and weight training).

Like GJ, I’ll be chronicling my progress on my website/blog (www.scottepond.com) and posting here occasionally to keep you updated.

Really I do but no I’m going to do the thing that I should have done 4 months ago and join a gym, there is a posh one in chester so I won’t be surrounded by anoying chavs

Profile photo of GJ

you can run after it…

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of GJ

Profile photo of GJ

18lbs is amazing. I only hope I can do that well.

I’m trying to loose weight, currently at 17 st 10 Frown

of weight loss. I am now off for my 2 mile walk. Hope the coyote’s dont get me

so my fat can just jump off and walk away?!

Profile photo of GJ

and my blog is here:-http://thelightermomproject.blogspot.com/ The first weigh in is on Sunday and I’m finding it really hard going at the moment. It’s early days :)

Profile photo of GJ

Updated!

Calling all Junkies – 6 week challenge. Who can loose the most weight? Find out more here!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.