This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Sgtjusticeofthe52ndsuckitdivision Sgtjusticeofthe52ndsuckitdivision 2 years, 9 months ago.

Beretta M9 pistol fetish…

• Avatar of Sgtjusticeofthe52ndsuckitdivision

I have to go with the 1911. The 1911 is on of my favorite hand guns of all times. The larger .45 caliber round can knock just about anybody flat on there ass in just one hit and make sure that they don’t get back up. While with the tinier 9mm you have to shoot a guy 5 or 6 times just to get his attention. I find that even though the 1911 holds less rounds per magazine, the stoping power, range, and accuracy far exceed those of the 9mm. When you think in terms of capacity and weight, the beretta does win out there, but still, I’d rather shoot a man ounce and know he wont get back up and still have an almost full gun than shoot him 8 times and need to worry about the fact that he might not be dead and the fact that my magazine is half empty. But that doesnt mean the m9 isn’t good, it’s a fine weapon, I just prefer the craftsmanship and reliability of the 1911. Personally I think the military should switch back to the 1911 as it’s standard issue sidearm.

I’m glad to hear that things are calming down. Thanks for the updates and as always stay safe.

It’s all fun and games until the nukes start falling and the zombies start calling…

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Two-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

and there are only pockets of unrest.
    An 11 year old boy and a 9 year old were in court today for looting (as were their parents). 385 arrests today in a near by community. But no new incidents. Perhaps the worst has passed. I really hope so. The costs of the damage is in excess of 200 million now.
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I hope you are doing ok today. Best to hunker down and nest until this blows over. Please keep us up to date with what’s going on.

It’s all fun and games until the nukes start falling and the zombies start calling…

Take care of you!

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Two-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I hope the insanity ends soon.
    Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

3 people were killed less than 20 miles away. The closest trouble to us was only 11 miles from my home.

especially after what happened when the police tried making a arrest that went horribly wrong on Saturday night which resulted in riots, looting, and fires. I’m sorry to hear that

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

The Barreta 9mm is a very accurate and functional pistol plus you can carry more rounds per pound versus a larger caliber handgun. It’s stopping power is questionable though. Even though my favorite cqb weapon is the H&K MP5 which is 9mm it is usually employed with a subsonic frangable round designed to break apart and not pass through the bad guy which is why it is so effective in hrt applications. I had the pleasure of shooting a friends Wilson Combat 1911 and man was that a smooth weapon. I guess for the price it should be. I’ll stick with the .40 it is a nice in between round with great ballistics and good stopping power.

The classic Colt 1911 can’t be beat but for concealed carry there are a number of smaller pistols available in that caliber. My personal favorite is a Star Firestar. I think he uses the Berreta in the stories because it is the current military service pistol and has been bragged up by lots of people. personally I think it’s a POS with a marginally effective round. I’ve seen reports of police officers emptying magazines on drug crazed attackers before taking them down. Most police departments no longer use 9mm for that reason.
    Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

I was amazed to find out the extent of gun laws in the UK. I went to hunting camp a few years back with a man from the UK and he said the only people that have guns are members of hunting clubs and they must leave their firearms at the club’s armory. He said the hunting clubs are like the USA’s rich man clubs and it is absolutely price prohibitive to become a member. He was like a kid in a candy store when he moved here. I did have a fun time in the Dominican Republic last year talking to a tour guide. He was under the impression that we all wear bullet proof vests when we hunt so we don’t shoot each other since all we wear is camoflouge. He also thought that gangs run all the towns and cities and that is why we ALL carry guns in the USA. I told him it’s not quite that bad, although it is getting worse.

So I’d have to try and beat someone to death with a water pistol. Undecided

Mr. Future Dark Overlord sir,

are you partial to the Berretta M9 pistol? You have outfitted soldiers with it in many of your stories and I must say, while being a capable sidearm it is not nearly as sexy as other larger caliber pistols. What do the rest of you junkies like to carry. I like my Springfield XD-40 with a EFK Firedragon compensator and custom recoil springs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.