This topic contains 34 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Mikaylah Barlow Mikaylah Barlow 5 years, 5 months ago.

BBC Shows:

favorite show is doctor who, its just the best.

i resently finished torchwood which was awesome!!!

you said “smeg.”

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Smeg I say! I like it also. 

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

It most certainly a damn good show …. and they are filming a new one :-)

The UK, not bloody Eng…. no, England, not the bloody UK

"Who is Number One?", "You, are Number Six!", "I am not a number, I am a free man!"

I like the new Dr. Who too, but not sure if I like it as much as the old one. Still good though!

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

•  My first Doctor was Tom Baker.

Blakes 7 never got into that.

Space Above And Beyond – have the entirety on DVD

Time Tunnel – have the entirty on DVD

Get Smart – have the entirety on DVD, including the movies

Stargate SG1 – have the entirety on DVD, including Atlantis

Babylon 5 – have the entirety on DVD, including everything

• BSG – have all of the old and the new on DVD

• Trek, all but the movies on VHS

• Voyage to the Botton of the Sea – 1-3 on DVD

• Starlost – have the entirty on DVD

• Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.

My favorite old stuff would be Doctor Who, Monty Python (duh), Blackadder, and Fawlty Towers.

Favorite new stuff would be Doctor Who and Torchwood. 

Top Gear on BBC America

Yes, I’m a hick, whats your point?

Western Carolina Lady Catamounts beat the College of Charleston Lady Cougars 101-87 in a record 3 overtimes

WCU LADY CATAMOUNTS ARE 2009 SOCON CHAMPIONS! Next stop, March Madness!!!!!

I’m ready to start watching Robin Hood, Dr. Who, Torchwood, Primevil, heck i even miss Gavin and Stacy! I can’t wait till these all come on again, I’m tired of Gordon Ramsey

My first Doctor was John Pertwee.

Blakes 7 was fantastic but when I watch it nowadays its kind of lame.

Other shows I have loved are:

The Tomorrow People

Space Above And Beyond

Time Tunnel

Get Smart (not seen the film though)

The Persuaders (Tony Curtis & Roger Moore)

Stargate SG1 (when Jack was the man, not the recent bloke. Hes not as good)

Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers watched with my son & singing the theme tune lol

And finally because Im old and dense, does anyone remember Now Get Out Of That with Bernard Took (I think). Bring that one back please!

Sigler ate my degree in Inglich Litritchure

I am the same i was to young to have watched the older doctors, although i did watch the first series of the new doctor i still say tennant is my first proper doctor as i just dont think eccleston quite had it down the way daivd has.

Yer i bet it is very hard work, especially for the writer as they have 3 shows to produces what with torchwood an sarah jane smith.I cant wait to see how he is going to get on playing the next doctor  and more importantly whats going to course him to regenerate into the next doctor

David Tennant is my first Doctor.  I never grew up on Doctor Who and I missed the first season of the reboot (with Christopher Eccleston) so by the time I got into it in the third season of the reboot, David was playing The Doctor. 

The news of his departure was not wholly unexecpted as the schedule for Doctor Who looks very grueling and the departure of Julie Gardner and Russell T Davies would have been a factor as well.  So, I’ve been anxiously awaiting the annoucment of who was going to be the next Doctor. 

io9 has a really nice write up on Matt Smith (click here to read).  I am not familiar with this actor at all so I ams till on pins and needles as to how the newbie will do.  Crossing my fingers that he will be good.

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne – Firefly

The BBC has now anounced the who is going to be the 11th doctor, its a young guy call matt smith who is going to take over in 2010 after the 4 special through out 2009. Looks like he could be a great doctor to take over from david tennant

What anyone eles think?

Wire in the Blood is fantastic and available through Netflix.

If you can find copies, watch this show. Damned good stuff.

WOOF, WOOF

Tom Baker was my first Doctor Who to watch and I’m still partial to him.

“[No matter where you go, there you are] – And Sigler knows exactly where there is! ”

I actually didnt grow up watching Dr. Who so David Tennant is my Doctor (they say you always remember you’re first Doctor!).  I didnt pick up on the new series until the second season.  I have, however, gone abck and watched some of the old episodes on Netflix and as chessy as some of the effects are, the storylines are quite brilliant.  I love too that Russell T Davis is such a fan that he actually incorporates a ton of what happened in the Old Who into the New Who episodes.

I love Doctor Who so much I wish I were British *sigh*

Which "Who" do you do? :)

“[No matter where you go, there you are] – And Sigler knows exactly where there is! ”

Original Who, or new Who for you? (Goodness, who have I become, Dr. Seuss?)

– “I just did something involuntary. And messy.” – Sid

My series 4 set of Doctor Who DVD’s arrived today *squee*

I’d forgotten about that one! 

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

They also did a really good (and faithful) version of John Wyndham’s ‘Day of the Triffids’ back in about 1980 which you can get on DVD.

And there was also the classic 70’s / 80’s sci-fi show, ‘Blake’s 7′, which I heard (along with The Survivors) is to be re-made following the successful re-invention of Dr Who. 

Oh, that’s a good one, too.

My favorite bit that’s not the entire Batman & Robin episode  – Trig cramps Del Boy’s style,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IBgk05iL3Y

Classic.

Don’t forget Only Fools & Horses, which is one of the best British comedies ever made, not sure if you guys in the USA will get it, but if you come across it, give it a try.

Some of my all time favourites, not necessarily BBC are:

Dr Who (John Pertwee, early Tom Baker, current series), The Survivors  (70’s post pandemic apocalypse drama), The Prisoner, Peep Show, Sapphire and Steel, Thunderbirds, The Persuaders, The Office, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, The Fast Show, Nathan Barley, The Day Today, I’m Alan Partridge, Father Ted, Big Train (Simon Pegg stars), Brasseye, Hancock’s Half Hour, Steptoe and Son, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, Spaced (Simon Pegg), Monty Python, Fifteen Storeys High. I’d like to say ‘Hammer House of Horror’, but I recently bought the box set on a nostalgia trip and it was crap.

I’m retarded for the "Love Me, Love My Doll" documentary BBC America runs from time to time. It’s the one about the dudes that have Real Dolls and act like they’re somehow real girls, taking them out for car rides and such.

Except for the one dude that has, like, 11 of them and keeps one stuffed under his bed. He doesn’t take her out for car rides.

I’ve probably seen the damn thing about 500 times now, but every time I notice that it’s on, I will immediately stop to watch it. It causes a short-circuit in my brain – "Bizarre people are saying stuff! Go watch it! Watch it now!"

They run other great documentaries about people and their strange, strange ways, too – most recently an incest one called "Brothers and Sisters in Love," and another one about women that get these creepy lifelike baby dolls and walk them around in strollers and buy them $1500 designer baby clothes. Oh yeah.

Thank you, BBC!

PS – The Prisoner, Blackadder, and The Office are three of the finest TV shows in the history of ever.

has to be at the top of my list. Or at least one of the very few at the top!

– “Hey, I’ll teach you to laugh at something funny!” -Homer Simpson (Angry and strangling Bart for laughing at him.)

How I Miss Red Dwarf!

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

because I love Dr.Who! Topgears amazing!

All very good and you would love the new series of top gear that just started, you guys state side are missing out

And what about,

"Spaced" – a group of 20 somthing get a flat together an what they get up to, this was the show that inspired simoin pegg to make shaun of the dead

"Teachers" – all about the crazy lives of young teachers and how they preffer to drink every nite an piss about than teach so funny

"Skins" – posably the best drama set around collage live ever.

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

Keeping Up Appearances

Good neigors/The good Life

Waiting for God (That woman is delighfuly auful)

All Creaters Great and Small

The Prisoner and The Avengers

I agree with everything on this list with the exception of "Allo Allo".  I never found that one funny.  Annoying, yes.  Funny, no.
Don’t forget:
"Life on Mars"  Not the American rip off but the real one
"Jeckyl"  Damn that man is scary
Hell, too many to mention here.  Just get yourself some BBC America and actually become a paying member of your local public television station and you’ll be fine.
Tastes Like Chicken

The IT Crowd: Funny show.  If you work in the IT field you’ll probably think it’s one of the funniest shows ever (or not, I tend to be a bit odd in my tastes)

Top Gear:  3 Brits Driving REALLY expensive cars REALLY fast and making jokes the whole time.

Dr. Who:  If you don’t know I don’t know where to start.

Torchwood: Spinoff of Dr. Who, X-Files-esque, but has a team, is based in the UK and theyknow that aliens exist

Hustle: Like Ocean’s 11 as a TV show

There are also older shows from the UK which I like:

Chef!: Lenny Henry is funny as hell, I think Gordon Ramsey may have taken notes from this show.

‘Allo ‘Allo: British comedy/sitcom about the German occupation of a small town in France and how the locals try and help some British airmen return to England.

Black Adder: Mr. Bean talks, and he is hilarious, Dr. House is in season 2!

Red Dwarf: A slacker, a hologram, an evolved cat, an android and a loopy computer lost in space and time.

I know some of these shows already have threads, and there are probably more UK shows that I’m missing but this is the list off the top of my head.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.